Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help.I had the belt to size. The problem is the latches. The old insert and turn doesn't seem to work as latches are the same size. the best I could do is this. Which comes apart if you breathe on it .

View attachment 148563

View attachment 148564

Maybe I'm over thinking this. It shouldn't be this hard. :huh :acme

:slap Good Lord. Now that is a huge QA fail that Sideshow needs to address and remedy for you, IMO.

Sounds like they're washing their hands of the breakage issue.

Sorry that was bad...

:thwak

That wasn't very nice Snoopy. Bruce has got some great videos and I for one enjoy watching them.

Sorry, just being honest. I guess I could have kept it to myself but didn't. I'm sure some people find my voice annoying but that's okay, I don't take it personally. :peace

nice one snoop and great display you have there

Thanks, David! :duff

Last edited:
I just got the Cap and I have mix feelings about it. The red strip is aligned like the proto but the tailormanship could had been better. There was some part that appeared not even to be stitched all the way. I will need to glue it to cover the seams.

My biggest disappointment was the classic shield. I hated the print decal on it. It looked cheap. The colors aren't vibrant if it was hand painted. There is no reason why it needed to be a decal.

I also notice on the proto that Cap is kind of squinting and this one is not. Everything else is fine.

Out of all the 3 SSC Cap PF I own, this is not the best. I even like the the Avengers Cap more then this and that is saying a lot. Im a little disppointed by it. Not the best showing by SSC.

7/10

I just got the Cap and I have mix feelings about it. The red strip is aligned like the proto but the tailormanship could had been better. There was some part that appeared not even to be stitched all the way. I will need to glue it to cover the seams.

My biggest disappointment was the classic shield. I hated the print decal on it. It looked cheap. The colors aren't vibrant if it was hand painted. There is no reason why it needed to be a decal.

I also notice on the proto that Cap is kind of squinting and this one is not. Everything else is fine.

Out of all the 3 SSC Cap PF I own, this is not the best. I even like the the Avengers Cap more then this and that is saying a lot. Im a little disppointed by it. Not the best showing by SSC.

7/10

That again. I think the squint is the exact same. The proto photos were just shrouded and at the slight angle...

7/10

I have to disagree with ya, Jason, on these comments.

The tailoring on mine is excellent, the squint looks the same as the proto and this IMO is the best 1/4 Cap by Sideshow to date.

Of course both our opinions are subjective which makes neither of us right or wrong. :peace :duff

BTW, long time no see! :wave

I have to disagree with ya, Jason, on these comments.

The tailoring on mine is excellent, the squint looks the same as the proto and this IMO is the best 1/4 Cap by Sideshow to date.

Of course both our opinions are subjective which makes neither of us right or wrong. :peace :duff

BTW, long time no see! :wave

I've been lurking Mark...:wave I guess we can disagree to agree...if that makes any sense lol. My biggest know is the classic shield. To do the thing entirely with decal was a mistake.

Cap is here and I'm SUPER STOKED! :rock :yess: :rock

The Statue Gods smiled upon me because Cap arrived safe and sound! :woo

It took a few seconds to put the belt on but hanks to the tips handed out here I was able to put it on quickly! :duff

Here are some quick pics with bad lighting! :lol

001_zps94f730dd.jpg

003_zps35a3e8b8.jpg

002_zpsb03c7454.jpg

Nice pics Snoop! I received mine yesterday too, but with the holiday haven't had time to take any pics. Maybe tomorrow. Congrats on getting a minty fresh one.

I've been lurking Mark...:wave I guess we can disagree to agree...if that makes any sense lol. My biggest know is the classic shield. To do the thing entirely with decal was a mistake.

Makes perfect sense! :lol

I do agree with you on using the decal on the classic shield though. It would have been better painted. :duff

7/10

I unfortunately agree with you. My EX also came with the broken gun hand. However I would give it a 6/10. I sent it back for a full refund because of the classic shield which is the way I wanted to display it. A poor decision indeed SS. Decals like that are for toys IMO.

+1 on the no love for the shield decal. Couldn't stand it, and it now lives in the box on a permanent basis :(

The EX seems like a bit of a bust. A coin toss on breakage and a poorly done kite shield (which wasn't exclusive obviously but would have been a better fit with the rifle.)

But having seen the regular displayed with the round shield I can easily say that the statue itself is still pure win. If they had released it with no rifle and only the round shield (and say had the fingers hand be the exclusive) everyone would be raving and more than happy with it.

I'll wait a few more days to see if my exclusive WL converts and if not I'll get the regular. One thing to keep in mind for all of you who got the rifle. Be VERY careful when moving or if you flip it. Apparently it was just dumb luck that if you got one that wasn't broken. If you move or something I wouldn't pack it back up in its original box, you should probably wrap it and protect it separately.

The EX seems like a bit of a bust. A coin toss on breakage and a poorly done kite shield (which wasn't exclusive obviously but would have been a better fit with the rifle.)

But having seen the regular displayed with the round shield I can easily say that the statue itself is still pure win. If they had released it with no rifle and only the round shield (and say had the fingers hand be the exclusive) everyone would be raving and more than happy with it.

I'll wait a few more days to see if my exclusive WL converts and if not I'll get the regular. One thing to keep in mind for all of you who got the rifle. Be VERY careful when moving or if you flip it. Apparently it was just dumb luck that if you got one that wasn't broken. If you move or something I wouldn't pack it back up in its original box, you should probably wrap it and protect it separately.

Yeah, I'm thinking my waitlist (if converted) would have some sort of issue like this. I must say though that I am getting used to the RE and may just pull for that, but I just like the aura of him with the rifle.

If my replacement hand arrives undamaged I may place it in a safety deposit box and bury it hundreds of feet underground in an electrified safe for safe keeping :lol I might begin the dig using the kite shield :monkey3 :wink1:

Yeah, I'm thinking my waitlist (if converted) would have some sort of issue like this. I must say though that I am getting used to the RE and may just pull for that, but I just like the aura of him with the rifle.

Something interesting that I'm noticing the more I look at pics is that for me the rifle kind of takes away from the shield and I don't know that I like that with Captain America. With no rifle he's on the move, signaling, about to throw a punch, whatever, but his shield is front and center and his one defining accessory as it should be. Whenever I see a pic of him with the rifle my eye goes to it first and my mind almost subconsciously theorizes what he might be about to do with it. I don't see a warrior with an indestructible shield, I see a rifleman waving his rifle to rally his men seconds before lowering it and assumedly spraying a bunch of bullets at his foes. It's *extremely* cool for a superhero-y gun toting soldier, which might be someone's coolest conception of Cap. But that's not my preference. I like the pistol sidearm that you notice on a second glance but that isn't the focal point of the figure.

Maybe think of it this way, if you never heard of Captain America and this statue was your first impression of him, how important would the shield even appear to be?

Look at the Wonder Woman PF. I actually don't know much about her weapons or accessories other than the lasso of truth. When I look at this pic I see a badass spear wielding chick who carries a cool looking shield in her off hand.

300115-wonder-woman-009.jpg

Now if you went and said, "actually that's her indestructible shield that kind of defines her character and is her primary weapon" I'd be all "oh, wow, thanks for the heads up because I never would have picked up on that otherwise." My default attention after headsculpt and pose goes to the character's weapon, not a defensive accessory. With the rifle Cap's shield becomes secondary, without it it IS his weapon and commands the attention it deserves. All IMO of course. I won't pass on the EX if my WL converts but I don't see myself displaying the gun at this point anyway.

This is Cap to me, where his face, outfit and shield are one:

300196-product-silo.png

As opposed to wondering who the gun-toting soldier is about to shoot.

Wow Khev, that was a really good read. Didn't really look at that sort of aspect. I personally love the weapon as he is such an oxymoron. He is the classic original but first modern. He rallies the troops with a gun, which we can take as a WWII weapon; so historical, and then we get this indestructible shield that is years in the technological front based on defense. He is the literal virtue of honor and valor, defending it at all cost, the good in humanity; but a gun that is not afraid to shoot and enforce those virtues above chaos, anarchy, and evil. I just love the mix of a defense and offense, but I admit it certainly does take away from the shield, which aside from his helmet; is Cap's signature, and to gloss over it for a gun that doesn't necessarily hold value in his character, I'd agree that I'd go shield and fist over shield and gun.

Really interesting Khev, definitely has made me consider how I'd display if I got the ex. :hi5:

That was deep Khev deep like the deep blue sea sir (without Samual L Jackson but maybe a little LL Cool J)

Really interesting Khev, definitely has made me consider how I'd display if I got the ex. :hi5:

:duff

That was deep Khev deep like the deep blue sea sir (without Samual L Jackson but maybe a little LL Cool J)

:lol

Don't get me wrong guys, the gun IS cool and I'm still holding on to that last bit of hope that I get an EX conversion just to have the option even if I neglect to use it.

It just depends on who Cap is to you and how he uses his abilities. When Joe Johnston made CA:TFA he specifically wanted Cap to be a supersoldier who used guns but kept the shield for defense, moral inspiration, and when needed, an improvisational weapon. And TFA is one of my favorite movies.

But I've always preferred the Russo Bros version of Cap which echoes who he was in most of the comics. He doesn't need a machine gun, hell he doesn't need a PARACHUTE. His body and his shield are his weapons. There's something awesome to me about a guy leading a charge into thick Nazi defenses with a pistol HOLSTERED because he doesn't need it. That's badass to me, but nothing more than my own personal preference. I really can't wait to get this guy.

Back