Captain Action Marvel Costumes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthgothikus

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a bit of light relief from all the crazy prices we seem to take for granted with our Hot Toys figures these days, I decided to pick up a couple of the Captain Action Costume sets. As much as I like my Hot Toys, I really love the old school comic book look for my Super Hero's and these looked like fun.

With the addition of a decent body (I've chucked Spidey on a 3A Zombie body - effectively a HT Broad shoulder base), a small HT Headsculpt & ignoring the quite frankly sickeningly awful "gumboots"....... I kinda like 'em in a Retro Mego Cheese kinda way!

Can't wait to get home and dig out some bodies for the rest....... then wait for Iron Man and Wolverine to be released! :yess:

Yeah, I'm going to pop it on an ACI muscle body, HT Thor Head and see how we go.

Got a HT "Rambo" muscle body somewhere I might try Cap on :D

They are pretty cool in their own way. Not everything has to be hyper-realistic when it comes to toys.

Spider Gimp, Spider Gimp, does whatever a pervy gimp can.....

null_zps9d0237d4.jpg

I can see I'm going to have fun with these :)

I am really looking forward to classic iron man set as a base to bash a slightly better figure. Will be interesting to see how much is usable.

I'm actually quite liking the "cartoon" head...

null_zpsecc2f96d.jpg

but the HT's looks ok with the ACI muscle body too.

null_zps25ddb212.jpg

null_zpsa7f653dc.jpg

null_zps58069ff7.jpg

null_zps3589119a.jpg

Think I'll definitely keep on picking these up! Might need to pick up a second HT head sculpt......

Huh.... I guess I've gotten spoiled by movie and modern comic designs. Thor just looks ... a little TOO plain to me.

I feel weird saying that.

I know what you mean, but I find them quite refreshing!

and in this world Cap & Loki can be bezzie buddies!

null_zps4b17c2f2.jpg

null_zpsdb396dbd.jpg

null_zps442ab721.jpg

Back