Cap America on SS Express

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I just got a notice from Sideshow that I got the Captain America Premium Format from their Express Update. One of the wings is broken and for $199 I thought about giving it a shot. I actually never thought I was going to get it because a lot of people receive that email but I got lucky.

The thing now is....should I keep it after fixing it up or resell it to make some money?? My friend has one and I always thought it was an amazing sculpture but I was never a big fan of Cap so I never tried to get one, although I do have the Red Skull.

I have to decide what t do. I do like it and with the movie coming out, I think I might like it a lot more. I'm not asking your guys opinion about keeping it or not, but I'd like some feedback about what you think of the sculpture.

Thanks in advance and I will post some photos soon...

Cool, I got one of the "Express" Caps too.....also picked up the Death Note Misa.

I had the Cap. Excl. but sold it a long time ago and I thought it was great....that's why I'm picking it up again.

Congrats on the grab--

To flip or not to flip...I know you didn't want to hear the opinions on reselling, but you're going to get them probably

I think the sculpture is amazing--the anatomy is incredible.

One of my favorite sculpts by Sideshow/Gore Group. I love the museum pose. Would have been an added bonus if it was the exclusive though.

keep it. i just got my ex. and all i can say is wow. beside the redskull it just look perfect.
besides if your thinking of selling it, keep it till the movies come out and you'll pick up a good $$$$

What is this "express update" all about :confused:

When you sign up for the newsletter you also will get the "Express Updates" which may be about instock merchandise at deep discounts (such as the broken Cap PF) or about upcoming items going on pre-order.

ti bad the wings on the helmet are broken.

i don't think it is a big deal. I paint model kits as a hobby and with some awards on my resume, I can fix anything and make it look like new.

It was a great price but I would consider exchanging it for Lurtz PF.

Anyone???:rolleyes:

once you get it, fix it and sell it on ebay. use the money to get Lurtz. Also, try to get the excl. Lurtz PF.

When you sign up for the newsletter you also will get the "Express Updates" which may be about instock merchandise at deep discounts (such as the broken Cap PF) or about upcoming items going on pre-order.

Really?!?! I've been signed up with the NL for a while now and I've never noticed this.... Is this a SEPERATE email or newsletter, or is it actually IN the weekly NL?

Really?!?! I've been signed up with the NL for a while now and I've never noticed this.... Is this a SEPERATE email or newsletter, or is it actually IN the weekly NL?

log in to the newletter page on SS's website and look on the right side of the screen and make sure you have "Express Updates" checked...you probably don't have it checked.

I have the EX and still went after the standard at that price. Received my email that I was not one of the lucky ones. If the wing was broken but included its really no big deal, I have a few PFs cheap like that where a bit of glue will take care of the problem. After having both the EX and the Standard side by side and then going with just the Exclusive I miss not having that set up.

I had that display too.

Especially with the life size cap shields--MAN--that would be sweet!

I have the EX and still went after the standard at that price. Received my email that I was not one of the lucky ones. If the wing was broken but included its really no big deal, I have a few PFs cheap like that where a bit of glue will take care of the problem. After having both the EX and the Standard side by side and then going with just the Exclusive I miss not having that set up.

Back