Cancelling all my LOTR 12" exclusives...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calle_Sandell

Super Freak
Reaction score
So these new LOTR 12" figures was gonna be my first 12" figures...

I got Aragorn a couple of weeks ago, and he's been standing on my shelves for a while now but I just can't feel that Lord of the Rings feeling I get with the SSW line...

With the Weta line I get this feeling of something genuine and the effort laid behind it. every time I get a new one I get this majestetic feeling and puts the statue or bust or whatever it is, proudly on my shelf..

But thats not happening with 12" Aragorn, don't know why. It just doesn't feel right. When Weta did the polystone ones they helped Peter Jacksson to create the film and when they decided to make the statues it doesn't feel like they did it to earn lots of money but to help fans bringing Lord of the Rings into their home. To be a part of it!

I have all the LOTR exclusives on pre order but will cancel them because of this...

Don't get me wrong, SS did a super job on them. The details are great! but it just doesn't feel right :(

I only received the Aragorn 12" a couple of days ago myself, and even if I like the 12" line so far, I understand what you're saying. But before I get rid of all my orders (and so far, I have all 12" LotR 12" Exclusives on order) I'd wait until I have more of them in hand. Perhaps it was never mend to be so close to the movie as the polystone figures in the first place. I don't know. But as far as the 1/6 scale is concerned, I have never seen better LotR figures until now!

Calle_Sandell said:

I got Aragorn a couple of weeks ago, and he's been standing on my shelves for a while now but I just can't feel that Lord of the Rings feeling I get with the SSW line...

With the Weta line I get this feeling of something genuine and the effort laid behind it. every time I get a new one I get this majestetic feeling and puts the statue or bust or whatever it is, proudly on my shelf..

But thats not happening with 12" Aragorn, don't know why. It just doesn't feel right. When Weta did the polystone ones they helped Peter Jacksson to create the film and when they decided to make the statues it doesn't feel like they did it to earn lots of money but to help fans bringing Lord of the Rings into their home. To be a part of it!

I have all the LOTR exclusives on pre order but will cancel them because of this...

Don't get me wrong, SS did a super job on them. The details are great! but it just doesn't feel right :(

This is a request I suppose, but I was never able to order the Legolas 12" Exc., could you maybe not cancel it and I'll pay for the figure and shipping?

That's a good idea! Why don't you see if anybody does want it, and then let them have a chance at it through you! That would be really nice! Nothing like helping out a fellow freak. :eek:

I can understand that the SSW Line is more special to everyone in that the Weta Folks did play a part in the making of them. I love my SSW stuff and if not for those pieces I'd probably never have gotten back into collecting. They have a special feel for sure but so do the SS 1/6th and PF. They represent the movies I have come to cherish so much and look at with great admiration for.

Calle_Sandell said:

To a certain extend, I felt the same way too... especially those that are produced for the FOTR line, anyone can practically feel the effort in them... paint job is particularly good for those in the white boxes...

Hey Guys...

I wouldn't mind giving you my exclusives but since I'm in Sweden the shipping and tax would be to much... and I don't think anyone whose not in Europe want to pay first the double for the shipping to me.. and then the shipping to you...

But if someone is still interessted.. drop me a PM and we can make it happen :D

Actually, I think the 12"-ers fit quite nicely with the SS/W stuff. :D

Aragorn10.jpg

You know... I haven't seen any pictures with both lines posed together before, but you are right! They do look good together!

I am the exact opposite. I had no intention of ordering the LOTR 12" figures. I usually get all the SW 12", but I ordered Aragorn for the heck of it. I absolutely loved it so much that I ordered all of the LOTR 12". I think they did an amazing job, and I love the packaging...

Monk said:
Actually, I think the 12"-ers fit quite nicely with the SS/W stuff. :D

Aragorn10.jpg

that looks cool. The 12" is like a mini PF :confused: if that makes any sense :confused:

With a little thought and effort, the SS/W line of polystone and the 12" figures will make some amazing displays possible. And since we are getting some 12" figures that didn't make it to polystone, things like a complete fellowship may become possible as well.

Back