Cancelled all my orders at SS

• Thread starter Saruman on Nazgul Steed
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we all know Sideshow destroys their broken statues. What Linda is saying is she is getting the ones that come out of the mold damaged or get broken on the assembly line and then the producers in China repair them before they paint them. Which does happen by the way far more often then any of us realize. But unless you look at your pieces with a magnifying glass to find them, you will have nothing to stew over. I am happy in my ignorance.

Jesse

If you are inspecting your items, I find that a flashlight helps as well.

If you are inspecting your items, I find that a flashlight helps as well.

Yes, I have used one. It can reveal something the naked eye cannot see very well. One thing that I believe is these pieces (for most people) are insanely expensive. We should get pieces that are not defective, chipped, paint off etc.

I did not know Chinese Factories were repairing statues before it reached SSW. Does SSW know about this, are they trying to catch it? What could be done?

I have inspected all of my statues and none have been repaired to my knowledge. I did use me flashlight! :dance

Come on these pieces aren't even close to being "insanely expensive". I feel we are getting the quality that we are paying for in most cases. Now the Predator and 1/4 endo I will be inspecting closely. But for the 70-200 I am paying for these pieces I have been pleased to this point.

If there was something that the naked eye wouldn't have seen then why point it out in the first place, it's just goign to bug you.

Jesse

The 1/4 Predator and Endo, definately insanely expensive. No thanks, I'll buy a resin kit at a bigger scale for about 1/3 of that price.

Linda isn't saying that she just got damaged pieces that were repaired at the factory. She was also saying that she's getting things with pieces broken completely off and painted over with no hint of a repair attempt made.

Well there's someone who understands me. On most of my pieces there were pieces broken of(sometimes very large pieces) and just painted,if you don't know it you won't see it but if you already had the piece or see someones elses you notice. Well i sold a lot of them,probably keeping the others because it's harder then i thought it would be. :eek:

Regards Linda

Everytime I tried to contact the SS staff they were ALWAYS very very polite and professional ... but ... I do have one factory repaired piece, so I know this things happen. It's a Fell Beast statue, it came sealed and when I was inspecting it I noticed that one spike was broken and repaired at the factory using exactly the SAME color. Maybe some chinese workers are repairing this pieces to avoid having to do it again, and the Quality Control system isn't looking at it.

re

I can't say I've experienced that problem...thank god!

The problem I detected recently is the charging of a card no longer registered with my account, instead of the newly added card. :dunno :\

Re: re

Come on these pieces aren't even close to being "insanely expensive".

Depends on what your income is. Sure, for a millionaire or billionaire a $100 is like 50 cents. If you do the math and add up the value of the pieces you could buy a Mercedes or Lexus. Right now, I am missing about 20 pieces from my collection that are worth, probably $16,000. To most people that is incredibly and insanely expensive.

Now, let's say an average person receives a $250 to $300 statue and it has a break or chip, your damn right it's going back to returns! Maybe to some that is a cheap item, but not for me.

Well thats not the same thing Dave. An entire collection of all of these pices together may be insainly expensive. But "these pieces" are not. Most of them sell for right around $125. I am not saying you don't have the right to be picky but just put it all into perspective. If you want all hand made pieces made by some guy directly from Weta themselves, well that kind of expertise costs a hell of alot more then we are paying. For the $125 a pop we are paying on average for these pieces, some are not going to be perfect and yes some are going to slip through.

While $16,000 maybe alot to some people for an entire collection, but those people should not be collecting this type of stuff if $16K is "life changing" kind of money to them.

While I am not rich by any means, I have well more then that invested in my collection. But even if I only had 5 or 6 pieces I still wouldn't expect to get more then my moneys worth. I expect the level of quality equal to the money I spent regardless of what that money means to me.

BTW I wouldn't want a $16,000 Mercades or Lexus! :lol

Jesse

Ok, I see your point, $125 alone is not insanely expensive. I guess I was talking about the high ticket ones individually and the collection as a whole.

Oh, I meant maybe you could get a Lexus for the value of ALL the SSW items put together.

I don't even want to know what I spent so far on polystone. I never figured it out. I have 121 pieces, and some of them were expensive. I could have easily spent $16K so far. I would really have to sit down and figure it out because some I paid under retail, some retail, some evilbay expensive.

Sometimes if you look hard enough, trouble can always be found..

Well i don't need to look hard or use a flashlight to see these breaks:bang2

Regards Linda

Hi Linda

I know your plight... I think there is "imperfections" in most of the statues in some way....

Personally i accept some of them.... Some i dont... The other day i had a pin hole in the breast plate of aragorn and chips in the crown.. (hard to see) but i was fine tooth combing it...

I did return the item.....

I can understand frustration as you seem to get a few..

I looked at the last pic and found it hard to find what was wrong.... Again with the "hawk eye" on i see the bust on the right has a small tip of the ear missing....

I can appreciate all sides of the story.... No one is really wrong here. You or sideshow....

As the customer you have the right to be satisfied in your purchase... If the imperfections are not right by you then you return it . Then its up to sideshow to make a judgement call.... I can see if they had sent a few of something and the customer was still not satisfied then they would opt for refund ..... It is unfotunate but how many should be sent....

For the perfectionist i think one would have a hard time getting a complete collection as i believe it is hard to find one "perfect one" with all paint perfect, no chips, cracks , repairs....

for this reason i have accepted some fallacies.... My cave troll has a repaired chain.... (for me a very minor thing and not worth trying to chase a mint one and risk a broken arm )

I have had multiples of some items. I even had armies of Galad archers and Easterlings.... And i tell you everyone is different and individual.... A unique thing of a hand painted item....

Again sorry you had problems.... :grouphug Hope the ones you have remaining will fill the void of the ones that have been sold.

Michael

I'm sorry but what is wrong with the pic with the orc bust you linked -- i can't see any breakage, can you pt it out? Thanks.

Hi,

On the left one is a piece broken off on the backside of the ear,the right one misses half ear. In wriel are the breaks better visible.

Regards Linda

I know what you mean Linda. I've gotten a lot of problem pieces (and have felt like quitting at times) but I usually get great replacements. Jon in the return department is THE MAN. I wouldn't be surprised if he had my address memorized by now. Regardless, he's always been very polite and really helpful. I have nothing but respect for him. :bow

The Ringwraith on Steed and Boromir were the only two statues that I couldn't get without damage so I did have to give up on those two unfortunetly. And I still haven't been able to get an Isildur bust without a chip or two in the hair. :bang

*edited for spelling*

Definate cheers for Jon, I just recently experienced great assistance from him! :clap :toast

Back