Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I've been watching Vader on Ebay for months now and couldn't get a good price. Now I'm glad I waited. Once the new Vader is released, the ridiculous after market prices on the original are going to plummet.

Possibly, but considering there were only 1977 of the Exclusive it will probably retain its' value.

I would guess Darth Vader will follow up Bespin Luke as a DX figure...I am guessing about $240.00 and with light up Chest and saber.

I'm thiking a DX Vader is in the future as well thats why I am getting close to deciding to let my ANH Vader go.

After seeing the Bespin Luke pics, I wouldn't be surprised to see a SSC-HT (Empire)Vader @ Comic-Con in 2012 w/a damaged platform base.

Unfortunately I think the med-chamber would be way too big :lol but awesome. Or another accessory would be the holo-platform. Which means the potential Vader fig will have be extremely posable.

Just my 2 cents which is all I will have left over from my SW purchases...:gah::wink1:

With SS prices escalating from Boba, IG88 and Grievious. I hope HT will handle any new Vader instead.

I'm thiking a DX Vader is in the future as well thats why I am getting close to deciding to let my ANH Vader go.

I hope your are correct fellow Seattlite.

I never bought the ANH version because of the various issues and I quite frankly wanted an ESB or ROTJ version.

Now with the DX Luke I just read about (and will buy), I hope to have a Vader of comparable quality.

If there is a Hot Toys Vader I doubt he will be a DX. He is not a character that needs many accessories, he only has one outfit, and becuase of the mask he would not need PERS. There would be nothing to justify the DX status. Im guessing a regular release.

^^depends on which version they do. An ROTJ or ROTS Vader could/should come with a Anakin sculpt and therefore could quite possibly have PERS.

that would be great but i highly doubt it. wishlist if ever they do come up with a DX version would be the bespin / deathstar room diorama or a meditation chamber!

^^depends on which version they do. An ROTJ or ROTS Vader could/should come with a Anakin sculpt and therefore could quite possibly have PERS.

But Vader didn't have many expressions in ROTS/ROTJ, he mainly just looks ahead and PERS seem totally un-nessissary for Vader. Maybe for pre-burns Vader (Anakin). I could totally see a DX EPIII Anakin with PERS and and extra head sculpt with Sith eyes.

I still think the Med-chamber will be too big unfortunately my friends.:monkey2 Either a holo-platform from his quarters. Or the damaged Bespin platform (confrontation scene).

:)

SS doesn't need HT for a Vader, they did a nice one on their own.

:exactly:

I honestly would like the next Vader to still be a Sidehsow piece. The first one was great and I have no doubt that the next one will look phenominal if it's just by SS with no help from HT especially with how they seemed to update their quality (and price:lol) since then

SS doesn't need HT for a Vader, they did a nice one on their own.

:exactly:

I honestly would like the next Vader to still be a Sidehsow piece. The first one was great and I have no doubt that the next one will look phenominal if it's just by SS with no help from HT especially with how they seemed to update their quality (and price:lol) since then

Agree. The "problems" with SS's first Vader were so minimal that I have no doubt they will be able to address them perfectly for the next version. Wasn't it just the outer helmet size/shape/placement and the height? Both of which I was fine with.

Forgive me as I'm a newbie but what does "DX" stand for ?

Deluxe Hot Toys figure.

Usually means you get two headsculpts and two outfits with the figure, and it has moveable eyes.
However if they released Darth Vader as a DX, all it would mean is that they would charge you $50 more for a regular figure in a nicer box.

Back