Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deluxe Hot Toys figure.

Usually means you get two headsculpts and two outfits with the figure, and it has moveable eyes.
However if they released Darth Vader as a DX, all it would mean is that they would charge you $50 more for a regular figure in a nicer box.

Why regular ? If it was a DX it would mean PERS which would mean a swappable portrait with a Shaw head :dunno

Even with a Shaw head it doesn't justify a DX release. The T-1000 had two heads and a whole ton of accessories, and it was a regular figure.

I'd take a DX ROTJ Vader with Shaw head and the PERS feature.

really why? i cant see how having the shaw head with PERS is any advantage. that head would probably never come out of the box.

now if HT broke it down so the head was under the mask and you could take the mask off. ok now im talking!

but PERS isnt really necessary is it?

Ok Hasbro has a pretty cool Vader fig w/damaged gantry from 2002. I think this would be nice for the upcoming Vader fig in 2012. :monkey3

(Courtesy of rebelscum.com)

I don't get it, SS has already stated they are putting out a deluxe
Vader in 2012 that encompasses both ESB and ROTJ Vader . What is all of this talk aboutga HT Vader now , when it is not needed.

The ANH version required a few tweeks but as a whole is pretty darn good, why would SS even allow HT to release one when they are fully capable of releasing one themselves with the necessary improvements????

i would bet HT will concentrate on the DX human portraits that have already been attempted by SST... this will create a new revenue stream without interfering with SST's current one.

Vader in 2012 that encompasses both ESB and ROTJ Vader . What is all of this talk aboutga HT Vader now , when it is not needed.

The ANH version required a few tweeks but as a whole is pretty darn good, why would SS even allow HT to release one when they are fully capable of releasing one themselves with the necessary improvements????

I completely agree. But Sideshow did hint at revisiting old figures in their Q&A, and it turned out to be HT doing the revisiting. So with this new partnership you never know.

However, I do agree with you that ANH Vader was like 90-95% there, so there would be no reason to hand the new Vader off to HT.

I don't really care who makes the next vader just as long as he meets the quality that HT has raised the bar to. Also I'm am making room for this "future" vader now as I have just sold my SS vader. This could back fire cause who knows when the release date will come. I guess with the release of a dx Luke I just can't imagine a new vader not coming soon! Soon being within a year?! Let's cross the fingers.

Because everything HT does is rumored to be made of pure gold and grants wishes when rubbed.:cuckoo:

I completely agree. But Sideshow did hint at revisiting old figures in their Q&A, and it turned out to be HT doing the revisiting. So with this new partnership you never know.

However, I do agree with you that ANH Vader was like 90-95% there, so there would be no reason to hand the new Vader off to HT.

Although I agree the ANH Vader looked decent, I wouldn't say 95%
- Mainly because HT has a knack for making things look like miniaturized versions of the real thing, but the Sideshow Vader doesn't do it for me - there the silhouette alone is wrong and has a distinct sideshow flavor to it. If I could be fooled that it looked like a scan even at fleeting glance, or can be fooled when I make my eyes real blurry, then they've done it for me=)

Back