Can we expect another 1/6 vader anytime soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being one of the loyal fans who wasn't able to nab one the first time around I really hope they make another. I mean...the have multiple statues for Leia and Luke!!! There's also a second Maul coming out. Give us another Vader!!!!

There's a second Maul coming out?
What's this one supposed to feature that makes it different?

There's a second Maul coming out?
What's this one supposed to feature that makes it different?

The second Maul features a lower body that is cybernetic. In the EU, Maul survived his Obi Wan battle. It looks really cool and creative but I'd rather have another Vader.

The second Maul features a lower body that is cybernetic. In the EU, Maul survived his Obi Wan battle. It looks really cool and creative but I'd rather have another Vader.

You are talking about the 1/4 scale statues not the 1/6 figures that this thread is about. :lol

You are talking about the 1/4 scale statues not the 1/6 figures that this thread is about. :lol

Sorry. I thought that I saw PF referenced a bunch of times in the thread and assumed that's what it was about.

Either way....we need another PF Vader!!!!

As GB said, how is it a mistake if it forces people to buy more than one? :dunno

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost: Excellent point!

If you release an ESB Vader and a ROTJ Vader I think most people would buy both, especially if you have one with the ESB scarred head reveal, and the ROTJ full reveal sculpts, retailing for probably 150 each. Or they sell a DX which many people like myself would not buy two of. I could get two complete figures for $300 or I could spend $400 and get the same two figures plus a bunch or extra pieces that I would never use.

If you release an ESB Vader and a ROTJ Vader I think most people would buy both, especially if you have one with the ESB scarred head reveal, and the ROTJ full reveal sculpts, retailing for probably 150 each. Or they sell a DX which many people like myself would not buy two of. I could get two complete figures for $300 or I could spend $400 and get the same two figures plus a bunch or extra pieces that I would never use.

:nono Okay, first off NO DX! Hot Toys makes DX figures, not Sideshow. :monkey4 :lol

Second, if you want an ESB Vader over the ROTJ, buy two. Saying you wouldn't but then saying you'd buy two separate figures is oxymoronic. Financially, they kill 2 birds with one stone. It's cheaper for them in the long run since it's only one figure with extra accessories instead of two, which require more molds, boxes, etc., and they get the retentive OT crybabies to ____ off while the rest of us look forward to the inevitable ROTS Vader. It's a WIN WIN! :lol

Let me clarify: If I was reading correctly, SSC wants to make one "deluxe" Vader with swap out parts so he can be either ESB or ROTJ, and likely charge $200.
If I wanted an ESB Vader with Bespin Luke and a ROTJ Vader to display with the Emperor and ROTJ Luke I would need to buy two and spend $400.
If ESB Vader and ROTJ Vader were released separately at $150 I would have both figures and and extra $100 in savings.
Is this the scenario SSC was suggesting?

I didn't get the impression that Vader would have swap-out parts. My impression was that this Vader would be a comprehensive combination of the ESB and ROTJ. Meaning not accurate to either film but more as a definitive representation of the character.

Thanks Marc. I was feeling kind of lost since I'm not the kind of fan that can readily notice differences between Vaders, stormtroopers etc.

I just want a Goddamn Darth Vader figure. I wasn't impressed with the last one as much as I would have liked to have been so I'm hoping the new one will look good enough to justify my shelling out $150 for.

Then why would it make a difference to you if they do just one amalgamation vs. two separate ones?

I wasn't thinking amalgamation. I was thinking they were going to make a Vader with two sets of armor, one representing ESB and one representing ROTJ and you could choose which to put on him.

If they make one that comes with armor from both movies I'm getting two. If they have a combo that is as Marc said more the "perfect" Vader then I'll get one. I just want to get another Vader.

My bro just picked up an ANH ex. For me off eBay. Don't ask how much it costed. So I'm good for now. I would def be down for a Rotj vader with removable mask like the Medicom. Just this one would be to scale!

im pretty much ok with mine specially after the dome repositioning mod. if they release another version, i wouldn't mind getting another if i had the extra. besides, it's vader.

I don't really need or want a ESB or ROTJ version as I only want to display with the helmet on, I'm more interested in the difference between ANH vrs ESB, ROTJ in terms of how much armour shows

Back