Can Doctor Who Survive Tonner?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would think. I think Doctor Who has one of the greatest potential 1:6 markets out there.

Definitely. I wouldn't want Sideshow to get the license though as IMO they aren't capable of sufficient levels of tailoring that some of the costumes would require and their paint apps are nowhere near consistent enough.

Last edited:
Definitely. I wouldn't want Sideshow to get the license though as IMO they aren't capable of sufficient levels of tailoring that some of the costumes would require and their paint apps are nowhere near consistent enough.

I think about 99.9% of all reasonable people would disagree.

And Tonner is based in the US and are doing "likenesses" for their character dolls. I can't see how Billy could refuse, since Character Options has done her. So none of those arguments would fit. There is just no interest from SSC in the license I'm guessing.

I would thank everyone at SS profusely.... even having more children with express purpose of naming children after them... if they took on DW. Seriously.

Actually Dave, CO HAS done Billie but that is the only approved one and they cannot do any others. That New Earth Rose is the only Rose figure you're likely to ever see.

For me the New Earth version is good enough. Its a great sculpt and the clothes are pretty typical of what she wore.

Definitely. I wouldn't want Sideshow to get the license though as IMO they aren't capable of sufficient levels of tailoring that some of the costumes would require...

Yeah those clothes on the LOTR 1/6 figures are pretty shabby....
:rolleyes:

I think about 99.9% of all reasonable people would disagree.

And I expect the vast majority of those are the same butt kissers that think Sideshow can do no wrong and act like someone insulted their mother's sexual integrity any time someone dares to suggest otherwise.

Other people may well be happy with a set of badly painted Doctors with the exact same zombie like facial expression that need soaking in water and other such BS to get the clothes to fit properly but I prefer to spend my cash on something that's great straight from the box.

Sideshow killed my intrest in Star Wars merchandise so I don't want them to do likewise for Who.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much the biggest 12" Hasbro supporter I know and your insinuation that Sideshow took the line down a notch from Hasbro makes my sides hurt with laughter.

I'm pretty much the biggest 12" Hasbro supporter I know and your insinuation that Sideshow took the line down a notch from Hasbro makes my sides hurt with laughter.

At least Hasbro never tried to con customers into thinking they were buying a high end product. The only thing that's consistently high end about Sideshow's figures are the prices.

If Sideshow got the license, it would be The Greatest Thing Ever™ as far as I'm concerned.

I love Hot Toys as much as the next guy, but there is no way I could afford the entire line if Hot Toys produced Doctor Who figures. If Sideshow did it, I could probably swing it. Sideshow offers the best value when considering quality and cost.

I couldn't afford to be a completist with HT OR Sideshow and given my lack of intrest in Nu-Who I wouldn't want to be but based on the figures I've bought from both companies there's no contest as to which would deliver the sort of quality I'd be looking for on a CONSISTENT basis and for that paying the extra would be worth it.

Last edited:
Back