Can Doctor Who Survive Tonner?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I reading that correctly? The Doctor figure itself will sell for $179.99 without the coat? If you want the coat, it will cost an additional $49.99? :monkey4

Oh well, it's Tonner, so the figures will most likely look terrible so the pricing isn't going to affect me any.

You read it right.

Looks like they're also doing 2 torchwood figures.

Their latest Harry Potter stuff actually looks good except for the Dumbledore likeness. The Cho and Luna figures are really good likenesses.

Hadn't seen the new Potter ones- Bellatrix would have been a sure buy for me, but it looks nothing like Bonham-Carter and the outfit isn't nearly as detailed as the movie costume. It even says "authorized likeness" for her and not for Dumbledore.

Depending on how the Tennant looks, I might get him. The 12" figure didn't come with the duster, so I can see how they can justify selling it seperately.

Is not sacred for Tonner. He has made almost every license under the sun and it scares the crap out of my to look at most of it.:horror

You have to wonder why if these lines are viable for Tonner, why not Sideshow or Hot Toys? The Tonner's are comparable in price to HT figures but appeal to a completely different market. So if they're viable for the female-centric doll collector - wouldn't they be far more viable for the male-centric geek squad 1/6 collector?

You would think. I think Doctor Who has one of the greatest potential 1:6 markets out there.

I would assume so but I would wonder if a stumbling block is BBC Worldwide. I don't know where Tonner is based but I don't know if SS would see it worth the trouble of going through all the approvals needed. Also I know some actors have vetos over their likeness being used (Billie flat out refuses, John Barrowman quite demanding). Also for HT, it isn't retro-nostalgia and it isn't a blockbuster ergo they won't touch it.

I figured Doctor Who would be something SS would go after.

I'd buy a Tom Baker and Peter Davison Who figures.

I would assume so but I would wonder if a stumbling block is BBC Worldwide. I don't know where Tonner is based but I don't know if SS would see it worth the trouble of going through all the approvals needed. Also I know some actors have vetos over their likeness being used (Billie flat out refuses, John Barrowman quite demanding). Also for HT, it isn't retro-nostalgia and it isn't a blockbuster ergo they won't touch it.

Don't blame him after the poor 6" attempts by CO and the cr@ptastic Torchwood figure...

Cheers,
Doug

still waiting for the pics to show up. they are very expensive, but if they don't look drag I might get the Dr anyway.

Back