Campaign for Sideshow Serenity/Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From the latest Ask Sideshow:

Ask Sideshow said:
We wish Tonner GREAT success, and we’ll certainly keep an eager eye on how the line performs for them. We’re not at all negative on Serenity, but no one has mailed us letters, apples, worn browncoats, shiny hats, or generally campaigned very hard for the property, outside of the occasional Ask Sideshow entry. Yes, consider this a challenge…

I'm totally up for mailing letters if it'll get Sideshow to start making Firefly/Serenity stuff.

Who's with me?

If members on this forum are actually up for it, then I will absolutely mail them something. I still love Trevor's sculpts and will have every one he does, but hey, why not duplicates!

Main things I want from Sideshow:

Malcolm Reynolds PF
River Tam PF

Serenity Crew Diorama

those are things that are guaranteed to sell. As for 1/6th figures, I'm just not sure they'd get through all 9 characters and it'd be a shame for them to only do half of them and stop. Maybe they could do a full PF line, that would be ridiculously awesome

Trevor would def be the one sculpting them. I doubt Sideshow will do anything officially however.

Yeah, I read that and just about yelled at the monitor.

There's been endless 'Product request' emails, forum threads and posts, direct questions in chat and in person at SDCC and now they say THIS, come on!!!!

In everyone one of those instances SS made it clear they weren't interested, QMx does a fine job, it's not going to happen, getting the license is just too hard, etc, etc. As such, I and I assumed many others just gave up and moved on.

Now, they come out and say, 'well, no one ever said they wanted anything from Firefly/Serenity' :gah:

That aside, I've always wanted PF's, my top four are:

River
Malcolm
Kaylee
Inara

But I stopped waiting, I'm currently looking into a commission for a River PF and who knows what the future may hold.

Thats a load of crap. When I first joined The Sideshow Message Board it was so I could go to the Ask Sideshow thread and beg them to consider Firefly/Serenity figures. After 3 or 4 months of constant requests with no replys, I gave up. Now I have sculpts by Trev and paints by Josh, so as far as Im concerned, bug off Sideshow, who needs you. We, my fellow boardies and I, have taken matters in our own hands and done quit well without you. I wouldn't trade my one of a kind figures for anything you could mass produce.

Old Grandpa

I am with you on that part Old Grandpa, but I do want PF's. My tops would be Mal, Zoe, Jayne and River. They have to do awesome poses though. Their poses for the Buffy PF's were just lame! Plain and boring. But I would love to see a large size FF cast. 12", Trevor has covered. It's just putting them together that's really hard.

It's generally hard to get a good likeness. Sculptors have been trying to get SMG right for years and have never quite succeeded, at least not IMO. It's far easier to do masked figures, if you get my meaning. All this to say that if the likeness is there, I'd be on board.

I have no interest in PFs at all but I would be interested it 12" figures. Even if it's just to steal parts for customs. What people are doing with their customs has me way more interested then a side show release. I would still support it.

If they made a Jayne 12" it better come with a Vera.

No thanks SSC. I have absolute faith in Trevor to finish his headsculpts, and I'll put them together myself. If SSC made the official line, they would put out 7 of the 9 main characters with 2 versions of River, one Badger and a Reaver, and Wash and Inara would be the ones left out.

That's why they should do 1 diorama of the main characters, that way we would have something representing all of the cast. Sure it would probably be like $300-$400 but it'd be worth it. And if we got a few PF's out of it that would be great.

I like 1/6th and all, but Sideshow does so much better at PF's than their 1/6th figures. If someone were to do 1/6th figures I'd want Hot Toys.

Maybe we should send letters to both? Sideshow does some PF's and Hot Toys does some kick-ass 1/6th figures

Maybe we should send letters to both? Sideshow does some PF's and Hot Toys does some kick-ass 1/6th figures

I think it's a waste of time to send letters to HT. I've gone to the HT web sight and left several messages and you always get the same reply, "we will forward your suggestion to our production department", but you never seem to get anywhere. I know that Fox has been very controling over who gets to use the Firefly merchandising franchise. Universal has been much more generous with Serenity.

Old Grandpa

I think it's a waste of time to send letters to HT. I've gone to the HT web sight and left several messages and you always get the same reply, "we will forward your suggestion to our production department", but you never seem to get anywhere. I know that Fox has been very controling over who gets to use the Firefly merchandising franchise. Universal has been much more generous with Serenity.

Old Grandpa

Yeah, but Fox game QMx the Firefly license after QMx already had Serenity

It'd be awesome to be able to add some Firefly pieces to my collection.

Our own Buffygirl was all over the SSC reps in chat slugging it out for all things Whedon and Brant said he doesn't feel Firefly has the chops for a full license.

Thank God for Trevor.

Yeah, I read that and just about yelled at the monitor.

There's been endless 'Product request' emails, forum threads and posts, direct questions in chat and in person at SDCC and now they say THIS, come on!!!!

In everyone one of those instances SS made it clear they weren't interested, QMx does a fine job, it's not going to happen, getting the license is just too hard, etc, etc. As such, I and I assumed many others just gave up and moved on.

Now, they come out and say, 'well, no one ever said they wanted anything from Firefly/Serenity' :gah:

That aside, I've always wanted PF's, my top four are:

River
Malcolm
Kaylee
Inara

But I stopped waiting, I'm currently looking into a commission for a River PF and who knows what the future may hold.

:exactly: :goodpost: :monkey2

serenityv.jpg

Yeah, I was shot down. Well not me, but FF. It's pretty much not going to happen as they said they want to see how well QMx things sell first. Well, QMx doesn't do figures. So I am very confused.

They think just because everything with a Star Wars label sells that everything has to be like that. I miss the old SSC that took chances with Universal Monsters, Twilight Zone, Buffy... Now it seems like they are more interested with the high ticket items.

Back