Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on topic:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare publisher Activision has repeatedly stated that Infinity Ward is doing fine since heads Vince Zampella and Jason West were ousted from the company early last year. A report on the LA Times' Company Town blog, however, tells a different story -- according to the piece, both Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have been tasked with helping develop the next, still unannounced Modern Warfare title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

"People familiar with the situation" claim that Sledgehammer is working with the remaining staff at Infinity Ward on developing the game's single-player campaign, while Singularity developer Raven Software is in charge of bringing up the multiplayer side of things. The sources also contend that, like past Call of Duty titles, MW3 is expected to ship this November. Additionally, Sledgehammer is said to have halted production on its own spinoff Call of Duty title in order to help IW out.

Update: Activision issued a comment in response to the LAT piece, stating, "There's been much specultion recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

https://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/report-infinity-ward-co-developing-modern-warfare-3-with-sledge/

Call of Duty games will still be Call of Duty games. The model is in place. I'm not really that worried. I'd just like to see dedicated servers back. It is pretty annoying to unload into someone just to have them turn around and kill you in one quick burst.

Call of Duty games will still be Call of Duty games. The model is in place. I'm not really that worried. I'd just like to see dedicated servers back. It is pretty annoying to unload into someone just to have them turn around and kill you in one quick burst.

Well you can always unleash you elvish archers on them.:wave

Sorry if I missed it, but if Infinity Ward aren't making this, who is? And why then is it being so hyped as in, just because it's in the usual IW sequence, it HAS to be insane regardless of who makes it lol?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NYa82jcx8II" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

MW3 IS COMING ! get ready.

Let me just finnish the thread title for ya...

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will most likely suck compared to Battlefield 3, but will make a ton of cash anyway.

The reason for the above statement, is that activision has itself a cash-cow formula and wont be changing it, but that same recycled formula is what has turned me away from buying COD games from now on.

After discovering BFBC2 just before black ops, i was amazed how blinded i was by the hype of COD being the only true FPS out there. Suffice it to say Black Ops wasn't as good as BFBC2 by FAR and i will no longer be buying COD on the basis of thinking it will be awesome, i've learned now to be more aware of other Titles in the same genres cos you never know when the true gem is out there and you just never knew it.

COD will be a rent for me until one comes out that is better than BFBC2, i'm hoping that MW3 is great, but it seems to recylced by now, essentially MW, WOW, MW2 and Black ops are the same except different guns, maps, and killstreaks, that boring by now, the wager matches were good and as always zombies was the star of the show.

I'd recommend they make MW3 to finnish the story of Soap and Price while at the same time make a Nazi Zombies GAME all by it self

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will most likely suck compared to Battlefield 3, but will make a ton of cash anyway.

The reason for the above statement, is that activision has itself a cash-cow formula and wont be changing it, but that same recycled formula is what has turned me away from buying COD games from now on.

After discovering BFBC2 just before black ops, i was amazed how blinded i was by the hype of COD being the only true FPS out there. Suffice it to say Black Ops wasn't as good as BFBC2 by FAR and i will no longer be buying COD on the basis of thinking it will be awesome, i've learned now to be more aware of other Titles in the same genres cos you never know when the true gem is out there and you just never knew it.

COD will be a rent for me until one comes out that is better than BFBC2, i'm hoping that MW3 is great, but it seems to recylced by now, essentially MW, WOW, MW2 and Black ops are the same except different guns, maps, and killstreaks, that boring by now, the wager matches were good and as always zombies was the star of the show.

I'd recommend they make MW3 to finnish the story of Soap and Price while at the same time make a Nazi Zombies GAME all by it self

In that case, I guess that I should open Battlefield Bad Company 2! :lol I bought it since Black Friday, but it's been in its shrink wrap since then, because I've been working on some other game.

I don't believe that my love for COD will ever go away, though. Unlike most folks, I play COD mainly for the single-player stories. I can't wait to see a continuation of Soap's and Price's story, although by the looks of things, MW3 may focus mainly on Ghost :(.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost: COD = garbage compared to BF. I think if MW series wants to be good again they need to loose all the noob friendly aspects (killstreaks, duel wielding, elevated map layout) and go back to the the original MW style cause thats been the only good game they have released.

BC2 is one of the best military shooters I've ever played. Accurate weapons (you have to use bullet arc when sniping) and legit kills/deaths 99.9% of the time.

Activision is pulling the Sledgehammer team off their own COD title to help finish this one up?

Rush job anyone? Instead of pushing it back for quality they pull more people off another title. But then again their isn't much to fix or improve, ti's the same thing year in and out, new maps, new guns, same gameplay. :monkey1

And I got slammed for saying this when black ops came out, funny how people change thier tune once it's been out a couple of months.

Awesome!

Been going back and forth myself with UC2 and GT5. Getting ready to hit up the 360 though with Dead Space 2.

Back