Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

What's the latest update on these two?

I hate when sometimes we get a tease like...what now...2 years ago or whatever, and still NOTHING lol

Then crappy things we don't care about, suddenly pop up on priority preorder and ready to go a few months later lol

Like why show us then make us wait 3 years lol
It's killing me.

:impatient:

What's the latest update on these two?

I hate when sometimes we get a tease like...what now...2 years ago or whatever, and still NOTHING lol

Then crappy things we don't care about, suddenly pop up on priority preorder and ready to go a few months later lol

Like why show us then make us wait 3 years lol
It's killing me.

:impatient:

I think this is because they want to give it all the attention it needs to be an awesome piece. I hope they really use this time to make the piece one of their best!

I think this is because they want to give it all the attention it needs to be an awesome piece. I hope they really use this time to make the piece one of their best!

Agreed.

My ONLY fear... the gold plating on 3PO. If they finish him like the 1/4 Ark - my head will fully explode.

The 1/6 Medicom and Kotobukiya's have beautiful gold plating; there should be NO excuse for SSC to do what they did to the Ark with this piece.

Don't get me wrong, but the only reason for me to hope for a SS droids couple is the price of the medicom ones.
Medicom's plating, lighting, facial (?) expressions, everything is already on a level I would consider as wow.

This is THE Star Wars piece for me. R2 and 3PO are the first thing I think of when I think Star Wars. Much of that I think has to do with the fact that I was around when it was first released and the two droids were plasterd all over the place. Plus R2 is my fav SW character! I hope SS knocks it out of the park and I hope the price is not out of this galaxy.

Last edited:

If Gentle Giant can electroplate their jumbo vintage figure, Sideshow had better be able to plate their PF.

I think the recent Cobra CommanderPF is a great indicator that they have the technology.

I think the recent Cobra CommanderPF is a great indicator that they have the technology.

six_million1.jpg

They're looking really good. I love the articulation! I hope they retool 3po's head/face, it looks off.

i hope r2d2 & c3po are one statue, i am willing to pay $400-500 for it. But if it's two statues, then forget it! not going to wait another 2 years for the second one..

They already said they will only be releasing them together as one collectible.

From the progress pictures, it looks like C-3PO was done a while ago and they were more working on finishing R2-D2

They already said they will only be releasing them together as one collectible.

From the progress pictures, it looks like C-3PO was done a while ago and they were more working on finishing R2-D2

but does that mean it will be released as 1 statue, or 2 separate statues? basically 1 base or 2 base?

I would imagine it will have 1 base. C-3PO probably have a foot peg to stay in place, but R2-D2 doesn't need it so if you really wanted you wouldn't have to have them together.

If they plan to sell the as one... I'm thinking this will be a quite costly piece. Especially when prices are going up all the time.

:gah:

Back