Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, you know what would have been awesome? Selling these guys SEPARATELY (on their own matching bases) and also offering the option of purchasing them together and offering a single base as well.

Or does that just make too much sense?

Last edited:
If anything, I think the 'Regular' should have been titled as the 'Exclusive' and vice versa. But, hey, the fact that Sideshow offers both is awesome. The finished product looks excellent.

That does seem to make more sense - you think of threepio in a toy sense as clean/shiny and also weathering being an additional element, but the reality is that getting a flawless, pristine clean finish is really tough at this scale, and probably requires greater quality control and effort.

I wonder if there might be a market for replacement bases for these guys. For me, the only reason I might want to display them separately would be if they come out with a Jabba PF, and then I might want to incorporate 3PO into a Jabba's palace display. Otherwise, I think the droids look great together.
:horror:horror:horror

That's what Valium, Adavan and Halidol are for. Drug up and get scanned!

At the time they didn't give me any. The box over the face did it for me. NOPE!

In the long run I didn't need it anyway and saved me a ton of money. At the time I didn't have insurance. And even now it would cost me $800 out of pocket for one, so I won't be getting one any time soon for anything.

Not sure if it was said already but I assume the Reg gets the restraining bolts and the EX gets R2D2's arm in the hidden compartment? Or does that arm come on both versions?

I think the main differences with these two sets are the paint apps and the base. The restraining bolts obviously wouldn't come with both versions due to the settings that each set are taken from.

I suspect it would be more expensive for them to make the physical differences than include them on both.

I'd love to order this. The price is really rough. I'll have to think about it.

Anyone know if they will close off the regular one soon, or wait a few weeks for comic con? Thanks!

They aren't going to close off the regular for a while, I imagine in a few months they'll figure out a final edition size and if things go well for them it'll sell out by the time it ships, considering it's a popular piece.

But it's also possible it'll be around 6 months after it releases.

Back