Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bases shown on the Ex. version are the bases that are included with C-3PO/R2-D2. There is no plan to include an additional base with the Exclusive version. Since the Ex. Droids are in their 'Yavin' look (eg: shiny and clean) that is why the word 'Yavin' has been used.

The regular Edition will only come with the desert base.

-SideshowAlex

Ok I'm officially confused here? Your saying Yavin refers to "shiny & clean" but in Star Wars it was one of the planet. In SW IV: new hope it was a Red Gas Giant. What does that have to do with the base? :confused:

Anyways since this sold out so fast, I assume the ES was probably set at 100. Can you confirm the ES? I think if u guys are going to predetermine the ES already for the EX, it should had been posted.

The bases shown on the Ex. version are the bases that are included with C-3PO/R2-D2. There is no plan to include an additional base with the Exclusive version. Since the Ex. Droids are in their 'Yavin' look (eg: shiny and clean) that is why the word 'Yavin' has been used.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the clear up. I was not trying to start a rumour I just thought it made the most sense. But it's great to know and helps clear things up on which one to order.

Thanks for the clarification on the bases. As far as I remember, times when things went up for order during previous events (SDCC, Spooktacular) were also never posted. So this is not a new thing and gives everyone a fair shot to get what they want.

I would say its just the opposite. If everyone knew the time they could make arrangements to be able to order it. Not knowing the time some people are at work or wherever and cant be checking every 5 minutes so I don't see any fairness to that at all. Suspense yes, fairness no.

Thanks for the clear up. I was not trying to start a rumour I just thought it made the most sense. But it's great to know and helps clear things up on which one to order.

No worries. Just wanted to clear up any confusion that may have been happening. :)

Anyways since this sold out so fast, I assume the ES was probably set at 100. Can you confirm the ES?

Sorry...I do not know what the ES will be for the Ex. Droid set at this time, so I have no info in which to confirm if the ES will be 100, 500, 800, 1000, etc.

No worries. Just wanted to clear up any confusion that may have been happening. :)

Sorry...I do not know what the ES will be for the Ex. Droid set at this time, so I have no info in which to confirm if the ES will be 100, 500, 800, 1000, etc.

Ok but can you find out? It's odd that it would be sold out without already predetermine the ES for the EX?

What about the reference to Yavin? Are u guys sure that is the right SW term you should be using? I think you guys may have been mis-informed. :peace

I think I am going to keep my waitlist and hope in converts and then keep the one I like the best and send back the other.

Sure it's expensive with the NRP and shipping but these two are just really important to me. I would just go with the Reg if the paint apps were guarenteed to turn out great but I am scared of what we could end up with from China.

Ok but can you find out? It's odd that it would be sold out without already predetermine the ES for the EX?

What about the reference to Yavin? Are u guys sure that is the right SW term you should be using? I think you guys may have been mis-informed. :peace

The ES for the Droids will be posted online on their product pages once it's passed down to the appropriate parties that do that updating. And no, I do not have a time/date as to when that posting will occur at this time. Could be tomorrow could be months from now.

As for Yavin....oh you Star Wars nerds...yes, technically it should have been Yavin 4, correct? Or something to that effect. :wink1::)

-SideshowAlex

Boo! Exclusive should come with a bigger base too to put BOTH of them on. Regular gets the better base? Come on! Give the EX both bases! Or should I say all three bases!

tomandshell - are there High res shots of the regular version out there.

High res shots:

71761_press01.jpg

The ES for the Droids will be posted online on their sell pages once it's passed down to the appropriate parties that do that updating.

As for Yavin....oh you Star Wars nerds...yes, technically it should have been Yavin 4, correct? Or something to that effect. :wink1::)

:lol Yavin 4 is a moon. It was home to one of the Rebel Alliance Military base in SW IV :monkey3

I guess I'll have to wait for the ES for the EX. Hope u guys raise the ES :eek:

looks great, congrats to those who got the EX..... I got the email at like 3:00am (my phones my alarm) In a way I think the EX should have been the reg and the reg the EX. I'll' see If I can swing this set in the new year

Don't tell me I will have to offer up my Skaar EX in hopes of getting the EX set here.....sigh

Don't tell me I will have to offer up my Joker EX in hopes of getting the EX set here :lol

Something weird about selling out so fast at that price range. I could maybe understand a $325 PF, but almost $800 ? I got on the waitlist maybe 15-20 minutes after selling out and I don't want to get screwed with not getting the reg either :gah::gah::gah:

So sad you can't just get r2. :( I think that would be a must buy for 80 percent of us.

Yah R2 was one of my favorite characters. I always thought C3PO to be a little annoying similar to Jar Jar Binks. Maybe SSC will one day release them individually but that is probably wishful thinking

Back