Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I prefer the regular. Would I save much by holding out for an online retailer (like bigbadtoystore.com), or should I just order it from SS? I do like the payment plan option, something I don't thing others offer.

Tough decision on this one. I think I like the regular one better. Base is much better.

2 PF statues = $700

the droids are even more then that with just 1 1/2 ... ridiculous !!

what do you guys think about the exclusive? So the difference is

1) Clean paint instead of the weathered look
2) 2x black base vs 1 sand themed base?

Doesnt that make the REGULAR look much better? It definitely displays much better on 1 base vs 2, also weathered look usually takes more effort/money to do.

So whhat am i missing? does the exclusive come with a joint base too? or just 2 separate black bases.

Last edited:
$50-75 higher than I thought, but I'm still ordering.

Now to decide...EX or regular.
EX would be cool to recreate this scene...

Medals.jpg

This is the type of duo base I was expecting for the non-weathered versions.

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to introduce the highly anticipated C-3PO and R2-D2 Premium Format figure set. Presented in 1:4 scale, the iconic droid duo is crafted with stunning attention to detail. C-3PO comes to life in any number of poses to perfectly capture the anxious protocol droid's fretful and proper personality. The resourceful astromech droid, R2-D2 is fully equipped for his many daring adventures, and features a retractable center leg and working wheels. Depicted on the sands of Tatooine, the inseparable droids are individually hand painted and finished and boast brilliant LED light up components; a must have addition to any Star Wars collection.

I can see that all that articulation probably added a bit to the cost.

So do we know if only the regular come with restraining bolts? I guess that would make sense.

How about R2's computer arm? Looks like it's showing up only on the exclusive version.

Joker, etc. were $350 and had no electronics.

I don't think they're attached to the bases so there is still room for custom alternatives.

There's probably a depression in the sand for where they're supposed to stand. Plus since they both have electronics then they would probably have a peg for each to feed them electricity.

I prefer the clean versions but also like them together on one base. <sigh>

What to do...most likely EX but they are just so far apart on the separate bases...

Back