Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the fact that they look bad or anything, I just can't get my head around the fact that they are charging 750 dollars plus shipping for a pair of plastic figures :google

Pretty damn shady that they mentioned nothing of it until they started shipping out.

You wonder what kept them from using poly stone. Was the something in R & D that made them choose plastic over poly stone or was it the cheap route? Dunno. And we will likely never know I suspect. Wonder if we are going to see more and more PFs turn out this way.

someone mentioned Die _Cast .. boy that would have been nice !!! and no problem for me to justify to spend $750

For diecast I would have been willing to go above the $750 mark. That would have been phenomenal! It's getting harder to be as excited about the ABS plastic. Looks like the Chogokin diecast C3PO in 1/6th is $400. Wonder if I should get a 1/6th diecast set rather than a 1/4 plastic set. Decisions decisions.

For diecast I would have been willing to go above the $750 mark. That would have been phenomenal! It's getting harder to be as excited about the ABS plastic. Looks like the Chogokin diecast C3PO in 1/6th is $400. Wonder if I should get a 1/6th diecast set rather than a 1/4 plastic set. Decisions decisions.

If 1/4 scale and light's don't matter to you then Chogokin all the way.

You wonder what kept them from using poly stone. Was the something in R & D that made them choose plastic over poly stone or was it the cheap route? Dunno. And we will likely never know I suspect. Wonder if we are going to see more and more PFs turn out this way.

I imagine it has something to do with the movable parts which are totally unnecessary on a PF display piece imo.

Static pose, solid polystone and a classy switch on the base for the lights would have made this a must have. I was so close to ordering a while back but glad I held off now.

I imagine it has something to do with the movable parts which are totally unnecessary on a PF display piece imo.

Static pose, solid polystone and a classy switch on the base for the lights would have made this a must have. I was so close to ordering a while back but glad I held off now.

Yeah, this may end up being a low ES for the Regs too the way people are dropping like flies in here. :lol

Exactly, just further shows sideshow doesnt understand their customers. Those are statues I purchased not plastic hot toy dolls, I couldn't give two shts about lighting or movable parts. Want a high quality chrome or poly stone statue not some plastic hasbro toy considering the money paid....and the fact they waited until lat min to tell us makes me extra pissed off.

I will reserve final judgement until the ex is in hand, but my tolerance level for this piece is extremely low after all this sleight of hand. It has to be perfect or it's going back

It'll be interesting to see what the Bandai R2-D2 is made out of, the materials of the real one aren't necessarily supposed to be anything except for the parts that are clearly metal. So I wonder if it will be metal/plastic or maybe it will be painted die-cast which would be cool because any paint damage would show up as accurate weathering.

Does anyone know off the top of their head, if alteregocomics will accept returns for full refund?

I might be sending this one back. :(

Sounds like R2-D2 is 100% plastic :slap
You guys have seriously been screwed :gah:

I don't view it that way. The Boba Fett PF is one of my favorites and it is mostly plastic. I think the engineering on these is pretty slick and while I agree that I don't need my statues to move, for some this provides a little flexibility in their poses.

Should they be less expensive? You bet. Am I still psyched to be getting them? You bet.

Just got an early processing offer from Sideshow, so I should have these pretty soon! Woo-hoo! :yess:

Anyway, I got over it pretty quickly as I just want these droids to look their best. That's all I ask.

Pretty much how I feel.. If they look great in hand they can be made out of toothpicks for all I care.. It was a sneaky move by SSC though.

I don't view it that way. The Boba Fett PF is one of my favorites and it is mostly plastic. I think the engineering on these is pretty slick and while I agree that I don't need my statues to move, for some this provides a little flexibility in their poses.

Should they be less expensive? You bet. Am I still psyched to be getting them? You bet.

Just got an early processing offer from Sideshow, so I should have these pretty soon! Woo-hoo! :yess:

I like that the Droids are movable.. Like you said it gives it the owner more display options.

Sorry, just looking throught this thread and I must say I'm shocked!
Actually glad I'm not a Star Wars fan, yes I know blasphemy.

It has been announced that the Predator 2 maquette will be made out of ABS plastic, rubber, earwax and used condoms.... Sorry bro.. :(

As everyone has said... I am going to hold out judgment until I get them... Somebody cancelled I think as I got an early flexpay offer and took it :):yess:

Back