Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx Chris for the advice. I'm just really starting collecting, have several marvel bowens, kotos, hulk maquette, Wolvie/sabre/joker/alien chap pf, mythos preorders. That's about it. I think I have to get a besta cuz they are starting to pile up lol. not sure which one though, looks like a variety on ikea.com I'd love to see what Ssc would cook up for more Star Wars mythos but I would regret missing out on this PF if they didn't.

great youtube vids btw!

You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. :)

I hope you figure it out. If the droids fit into your collection, and the cost isn't going to set you back, then go for it.

Thx Chris for the advice. I'm just really starting collecting, have several marvel bowens, kotos, hulk maquette, Wolvie/sabre/joker/alien chap pf, mythos preorders. That's about it. I think I have to get a besta cuz they are starting to pile up lol. not sure which one though, looks like a variety on ikea.com I'd love to see what Ssc would cook up for more Star Wars mythos but I would regret missing out on this PF if they didn't.

great youtube vids btw!

Welcome claw wolf! I see your a new member! Happy collecting!:wave

Welcome claw wolf. These are a must in my book. These droids are going to smack all of my other PFs like a red headed step child.

I can see a huge problem with these ex Droids already. If anyone gets a broken set. There will be no replacements left from SS. Since it's 200 SS I figure didn't want to give replacements since it costs more money for the chrome. I could be wrong, but It will be interesting to see what goes on when these ship.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome and advice! i found a pretty decent price online, about 80 bucks cheaper than SSD, so I might bite. This piece looks magnificent. Is besta pretty much the standard when it comes to multi scale display?

thanks!!!

I hope so, but I'm not so sure this time.

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but your basing this off of what a random ebay seller told you?

I've been buying from SS for 10yrs, some of it was pretty rare stuff along the way and I've never heard of them not having replacements available. Yes, they sometimes have less for more limited items, but I think he's blowing smoke.

What I don't understand from your 'seller' is that they felt it was best to offer refunds to everyone before seeing the product? SS allows you a 30 day window to put a claim in if something is damaged, correct? Why would he cancel a transaction totally without knowing for certain that your statue was damaged? :dunno I'm truly glad you got your money back, but this guy has shady written all over him. I'm thinking he refunded you to sell it at a higher markup soon after he receives it on a different ebay name. I don't care what story he comes up with, the way you just explained it does not make sense at all.

So when you stated he thought it was best to just refund everyone.'How many of this exclusive 1 per customer did this upstanding person snag for himself? Seriously, you should thank the high heavens you got refunded cause this is someone I would never deal with.

I'm in agreement with praxitas on this one. Apparently, when this seller was originally selling the exclusives as pre-orders on eBay, he had three, and sold all three. We all know what that entails. A different name for each account, with a matching credit card, and a different address for each as well. Not to mention the clairvoyance to know that this piece would be magically limited to a very low 200 pieces only a few days after release.

Also, yeah, I had a replacement for a far more limited piece. FvW SSE Diorama, with only 50 pieces created, and I bought it second hand from a fellow boardie too!

Something just does not add up with this seller... :dunno

I'm in agreement with praxitas on this one. Apparently, when this seller was originally selling the exclusives as pre-orders on eBay, he had three, and sold all three. We all know what that entails. A different name for each account, with a matching credit card, and a different address for each as well. Not to mention the clairvoyance to know that this piece would be magically limited to a very low 200 pieces only a few days after release.

Also, yeah, I had a replacement for a far more limited piece. FvW SSE Diorama, with only 50 pieces created, and I bought it second hand from a fellow boardie too!

Something just does not add up with this seller... :dunno

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but your basing this off of what a random ebay seller told you?

I've been buying from SS for 10yrs, some of it was pretty rare stuff along the way and I've never heard of them not having replacements available. Yes, they sometimes have less for more limited items, but I think he's blowing smoke.

What I don't understand from your 'seller' is that they felt it was best to offer refunds to everyone before seeing the product? SS allows you a 30 day window to put a claim in if something is damaged, correct? Why would he cancel a transaction totally without knowing for certain that your statue was damaged? :dunno I'm truly glad you got your money back, but this guy has shady written all over him. I'm thinking he refunded you to sell it at a higher markup soon after he receives it on a different ebay name. I don't care what story he comes up with, the way you just explained it does not make sense at all.

So when you stated he thought it was best to just refund everyone.'How many of this exclusive 1 per customer did this upstanding person snag for himself? Seriously, you should thank the high heavens you got refunded cause this is someone I would never deal with.

I understand where you are all coming from, but from the actual letter I recieved from the seller it seems to be true. But just in case it was not he/she said "if you think I cancel to resell for more later" they even sent me a second email link to show me proof of the cancellation page from their own account. So to me the seller seems to be telling the truth. I mean the link shows the items are cancel on the page from their own SS account. Seems like the seller had it with SS and decided to not mess with the QC troubles and risk anymore.

I guess I'm going wait on these for a while since these are no ES. I wonder if they will make a chrome ESB version or rotj?

I'm on the fence about this one guys, I have no SW PFs yet and I think this pair would represent real nicely. Whats the deal with the 3PO arm posing though? Is it switchout fixed arms or are they poseable like a 1/6 figure?

I'm on the fence about this one guys, I have no SW PFs yet and I think this pair would represent real nicely. Whats the deal with the 3PO arm posing though? Is it switchout fixed arms or are they poseable like a 1/6 figure?

The arms are slightly poseable.

I believe they r actually poseable

Back