Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew! With such an expensive year coming up, it's nice to have a little breathing room on these guys.

Yeah. I was thinking the same but they are just so epic it will be hard to wait. Wish I could just push back one of my POs. :pfft:

I'm sure the ES thing is to each his own. But that is not fair to the people who cares about ES, SS should have told them from the beginning instead of keeping a secret until they all order it. I know a lot of the ES people who would have waited otherwise to get it later instead of sooner. This practice is kind of sneaky to put down TBD they switch it later down the road. Now they are all stuck with the NRD charge for something that will be or sale forever, when they could have used the money tor the many things coming out now first.

It's plenty fair honestly. People who care that much about ES should just get the EX and that's it.
For me ES for EX should be low but with the reg they can go all out. That way it pleases everyone.

I have agree with Drakul. For those that do care about ES, they should know (and most likely do) that the Ex is a considerably smaller ES. Knowing this, they should have ordered the Ex because it is common practice to put out a smaller Ex ES.

It's plenty fair honestly. People who care that much about ES should just get the EX and that's it.
For me ES for EX should be low but with the reg they can go all out. That way it pleases everyone.

I have agree with Drakul. For those that do care about ES, they should know (and most likely do) that the Ex is a considerably smaller ES. Knowing this, they should have ordered the Ex because it is common practice to put out a smaller Ex ES.

Yes you are right. I don't mind this at all. It's great for both sides. I was referring to the way SS put these out making us think there was a ES on the reg as well. If I could not get the ex I would have bought a reg thinking it might sell out soon so I won't miss them. If I knew it was a no ES then I would wait on them for sure to buy later on down the road. At least for galactus and movie hulk they told us from the start it was no ES which was great knowing this so we can make our decisions on buy or wait. I don't mind buying the reg but with sooo much coming out I prefer to not have a NRD on a no ES item and then having to spend the money at release time when I need to use it for other statues that are time sensitive first. But I do agree as long as we have a good ES ex, the reg can be whatever it is as long as we know about it. Fair enough SS. Just let us know before we buy. :wave

holy crap when did they turn the reg into open edition? wow sneaky

Yes that's what I'm talking about, I have no problems with this being a no ES, but it would be nice if they told us all from the start. I almost bought this just to not miss out thinking it will be sold out if I missed the ex. If I knew it was a no ES I would buy it down the road just not right away thinking I had not much time left and be stuck with a NRD. I'm sure they got a lot of buyers who miss the ex buy a set of the reg thinking it was now or never. They could be getting some upset customers when they need the money for so many others coming out soon when they could have waited on this set if they knew it was a no ES set.

I'm glad they did this. I was very upset when I could not order the EX because of the way they handle it. For months I was reluctant to buy the regular since I don’t have the money now. Not even to put it on Flex. But know I can breathe easier knowing that I may pick them later.

So the exclusive is super limited to only 200 and sells out in less than 2 hours and now they keep this "limited edition" tag on the regular and it could be around for months/years (ie - PF Stormtrooper). :cuckoo:

I don't care a lot about the edition size, but I do care about secondary market prices. I preordered the regular, since I had no chance at the exclusive, hoping that I was securing the best price by getting in my order early. In this case I will be very :mad: if the ebay prices end up being significantly cheaper than what I paid for my preorder.

It becomes really irritating when Sideshow forces you into a NRD without giving you all the information up front.

So the exclusive is super limited to only 200 and sells out in less than 2 hours and now they keep this "limited edition" tag on the regular and it could be around for months/years (ie - PF Stormtrooper). :cuckoo:

I don't care a lot about the edition size, but I do care about secondary market prices. I preordered the regular, since I had no chance at the exclusive, hoping that I was securing the best price by getting in my order early. In this case I will be very :mad: if the ebay prices end up being significantly cheaper than what I paid for my preorder.

It becomes really irritating when Sideshow forces you into a NRD without giving you all the information up front.

:exactly: but all no ES will be cheaper when collectors need to get rid of it, all while it's still for sale years down the road. I was on the same boat as you. So glad I cancel my reg early so I didn't get charge the NRD. It's best to wait and use the money fir the time sensitive items first then go back later to get these no ES items most likely for quite a bit less when the time is right.

The NRD can usually be transferred to other items if you want to cancel if you want to wait for this in the secondary markets.

I think the assumptions that the paint application is the reason why the exclusive is no limited makes me hope that the ones produce come out as advertised.

The NRD can usually be transferred to other items if you want to cancel if you want to wait for this in the secondary markets.

I think the assumptions that the paint application is the reason why the exclusive is no limited makes me hope that the ones produce come out as advertised.

I thought the NRD was only allowed once correct? Can I do it a second time?

I've had it transferred to purchases and I was never charged for a double NRD when going from a regular to an exclusive when my wait list converted and cancelled my regular edition.

I've had it transferred to purchases and I was never charged for a double NRD when going from a regular to an exclusive when my wait list converted and cancelled my regular edition.

I asked SS when I did it the first time. They told me it was a one time deal only for new members. So I wouldn't count on them doing it for me again.

Back