Buyer beware 1:1 sideshow life size figures qc problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I feel your pain especially with the iron man clean version
Bust what a poor job on that item. What they should do is give away some free comic version iron man life size bust to people that suffer that
Disaster with the iron man bust mine started chipping on the base now

Not sure if I can understand the way you chose to make your life. But don't get me wrong, people make their own choices in life and I cannot judge them. I own a house and an apartment, they are not huge but I need to stay in my own place instead of paying rent to someone else. One of the few good things in Romania in the communist era was that you could get an apartment with credit from the state and you could pay for it in years and not having to eat just bread and water. Today is different, and in a bad way alas.

My collection is a very important part of my life, but it is not my life. I cannot have everything and I don't want to. I was raised to understand that you can't have everything because there are more important things in life. With my recent health problems I understood this even better.

Back on helmets: then you haven't encountered TE with his ways of taking money from people and then get lost for years.

Altmanns was the only licensed company to make SW helmets in Australia and there were some good ones and some bad ones from them - they indeed made some helmets that no other licensed prop company made like Scout, Royal Guard etc. Though not even the good helmets made by Altmanns are as good as some of the fan made ones.

My life is good since I stopped being so obsessive about the collection. I too have had to re evaluate what is important due to unforeseen events.

ALTMANNS
Don't get me wrong, I have a full set of Altmanns ( as well as his Vader armour and excellent BOUSHH helmet.) I love them as they came before my full set of MR. I just made mention of him as he was a difficult one to get product from. He would take your order pre paid in full plus shipping and would send you a photo of your finished helmet...... then he would sell your helmet on ebay to a stranger and make you wait many months for yours in his next batch.

My collection is a very important part of my life too. But I have made a decision to enjoy other facets of life too. I have been too full on for too long and have been missing out on other experiences. BUT As a result I have do some wonderful items.

I LOVE my collection and will never sell any of what remains. I have culled it to only the pieces I really really love.

I will probably build a sphinx with a Darth Vader head and have it all buried with me like King Tut when my time on this earth is over. LOL

I also fell into the trap of purchasing just about every major item sideshow produced. I realized that this was ridiculous when my house wasn't big enough to store the boxes. I got into a habit of reading what other people like on this forum and then I would go and buy it. Now I only buy the items I like and I have a few rules like if I don't like the movie I'm not allowed to buy it no matter how good it is lol.
So anyway I ended up with a heap of stuff I didn't really want so I sold it all off and just keep my favorites and be more strict when making a purchase.
Money wasn't really an issue just the collecting was getting out of hand and I would just think why did I even buy this the movie is sh t . So pretty much just collect my favorite movies now

I also fell into the trap of purchasing just about every major item sideshow produced. I realized that this was ridiculous when my house wasn't big enough to store the boxes. I got into a habit of reading what other people like on this forum and then I would go and buy it. Now I only buy the items I like and I have a few rules like if I don't like the movie I'm not allowed to buy it no matter how good it is lol.
So anyway I ended up with a heap of stuff I didn't really want so I sold it all off and just keep my favorites and be more strict when making a purchase.
Money wasn't really an issue just the collecting was getting out of hand and I would just think why did I even buy this the movie is sh t . So pretty much just collect my favorite movies now

Good ponts matt85. WOW I wish I could say MONEY WASN"T REALLY AN ISSUE :)

Some feedback from shop is that they are currently making more in Hong Kong so it should be a replacement early next year ( just like every other time ) Oh well...... such is life when you buy 1:1 Sideshow.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks all for the kind words. Try to learn from my experiences.:(

Back