Butchering my PF Indy.. to make him POSABLE !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't understand why would you want to do this?
Maybe I am at that age where I can't understand the motivation?
I fully understand that it's your PF though, and you should be able to do what you want to it

I swear... some of the bravest collectors hang in this forum!!!
Hahaha!

Didn't someone just get done repainting a Sideshow Iron Man 1:1 bust?

I fully understand that it's your PF though, and you should be able to do what you want to it

Think of it as repainting a headsculpt but taken to the extreme. Same motivation: to make a good thing better, and in this case, to allow some flexibility in posing.

Mike is attempting to convert a PF "Statue" to a PF "action figure". He's addressing the one issue that one normally has no control over- the final pose of the piece, and allowing the collector the final say in pose.

Rock on, Mike! :rock

:lol :lol :lol

The motivation is that I see this as an active hobby... I have never been one to buy a figure.. take it out of the box and set it on a shelf and be happy with it... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz To me the hobby is taking these pieces and working with them.. figuring out ways to make the detail more accurate.. making each piece I own unique... no different than someone going out and buying, say a nice car... but wanting to change the wheels, or interior trim etc...

:lol :lol :lol

The motivation is that I see this as an active hobby... I have never been one to buy a figure.. take it out of the box and set it on a shelf and be happy with it... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz To me the hobby is taking these pieces and working with them.. figuring out ways to make the detail more accurate.. making each piece I own unique... no different than someone going out and buying, say a nice car... but wanting to change the wheels, or interior trim etc...

Good point. I think you put across the car explanation very well.
Good Luck, I hope you get the results you're hoping for.

Didn't someone do this to a Boba Fett PF not too long ago? Wouldn't it be really gret if Sideshow offered a 1/4 scale nude body as well? I know I would buy some and convert some PF's over to them.

some of the bravest collectors hang in this forum!!!

or possibly some of the dumbest !! will see how this turns out though... this weekend we are supposed to have gorgeous weather.. so I imagine I will have to get out of the workshop and do some stuff outside.. (sat is supposed to be sunny and mid 70's.. which sounds like a mtn bike or hiking day to me !) Maybe I will stay up a bit late and chip away at this some more though... we'll see ! i am behind on my Belloq diorama too...

I couldn't do it...but I am interested to see how it turns out. Good luck, and keep us posted on the results!

mindbook already did this. You might want to check out pics of his. I'm not sure what body he used.

Mindbook just transplanted the Sideshow head onto the Diamond Select body... which I would eventually like to do with my hatless head and build a Map Room Indy in this scale..

Way too adventurous for me. I would never have gone that far to get a poseable arm.

Unfortunately no... I have yet to work much more on this or my 1/6 Belloq in over a month due to filling orders for belts and holsters with the limited hobby time I have these days ! Juggling my full case load at the Police Department, going to Law School at night, and chasing my one year old pretty much takes care of all the hours in the day for me... I was actually looking at this sitting on the floor in my hobby room this past weekend and wishing I could at least just attach the right arm into place... at least to just have the statue put together and posable... I intend on doing a full repaint as well.. I have however, removed the inaccurate press studs from the jacket, filled in the holes leftover and painted the jacket an accurate brown ( instead of that green color !?).. that was a helpful improvement for the figure's look... I am pretty much caught up on holster commissions for the time being.. maybe this weekend I will get the other arm set and do some photos

Awesome! I look forward to seeing him :rock:rock:rock

What a schedule you have. You're a madman! I have a 6 mo old, and between him, work and looking for a home to buy my life is pretty busy too... that being said, I can't even imagine how full your plate must be.

Back