Butchering my PF Indy.. to make him POSABLE !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, Mike...

This is one project I'll definitely be following.

Just make sure that you don't put those magnets on backwards or those hands are going to be flying off... ;)

Man, you are brave! Good luck on this project and I will be one of those who will be following. And the pic you have of Indy taken apart along with pieces of Buck lying around him kinda reminds me of Apocalypse Now.:cool:

To answer a couple of questions / concerns that came up... this was an ex. version.. ( I can hear the resounding chorus of "gasps" across the globe right now... HE RUINED A NUMBERED EXCLUSIVE !!!!) yeah well... I don't buy any of this stuff to resell at a later date.. no worries here.. I only got the exclusive because I wanted the second noggin.. which someone else mentioned Mindbook's posable Indy based off of the Diamond select platform... planned on doing just that with my heatless head and making a MapRoom Indy.. ( that way the robe will cover those crappy diamond select clothes !)
as for the leg not being as thick as an arm or using a truetype leg because of the nicer looking joint... all pretty much irrelevant as the joint will remain hidden and the thickness issue is to be remedied by padding... once clothed you will not know the arm underneath is scrawny :)

To answer a couple of questions / concerns that came up... this was an ex. version.. ( I can hear the resounding chorus of "gasps" across the globe right now... HE RUINED A NUMBERED EXCLUSIVE !!!!) yeah well... I don't buy any of this stuff to resell at a later date.. no worries here.. I only got the exclusive because I wanted the second noggin.. which someone else mentioned Mindbook's posable Indy based off of the Diamond select platform... planned on doing just that with my heatless head and making a MapRoom Indy.. ( that way the robe will cover those crappy diamond select clothes !)

:bow:rock:bow:rock

I'll be following your WIP on this project. Hope to see more pics soon!

Now that's what I call a collector's collector. Cheers to you!

back in the day when the Toys McCoy Indy was THE Indy figure to own... I saved up enough dough to snag one and the first thing I did was lop off his arms to figure out how the hand attachment pegs were inserted then transplanted the head and attachment pegs to a 21st Century Toys "super articulated" body ( as those were the "best" bodies at the time).... the original McCoy Indy was built on a Hasbro Joe body that had awful pink hued skin tone that didnt match the head or hands... so the original had to go :) Of course I still have that Indy and won't sell it either...

IMO, that's what this hobby is all about. Also why I'm glad that I found this forum because I thought I was the only one! Glad there's an online community of serious collectors who do it for love of the hobby. Good luck with this crazy complex mod!!!!!

Nice effort, but it will never be as jaw dropping as this:

indiana-jones-rola-figure.jpg

Well, that certainly is jaw dropping....:horror :eek :vomit <-- Where is this icon, btw?

Nice effort, but it will never be as jaw dropping as this:

indiana-jones-rola-figure.jpg

How come everything is in 1/6 scale except for the limbs and torso?

Last edited:
Awesome idea! Have you thought about using Truetype legs? The knee joints have a more natural looking knee cap compared to the Buck and they also could look more natural as the point of an elbow at this scale.

Yes, but then the long forearm would make him an orangutan. :lol

Back