Burton + Depp = Dark Shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" Movie

Awesome news I know Johnny was a big fan...Hopefully HT jumps on the license for Barnabas Collins figure...

^^^^

Wow, I hadn't even started thinking about collectibles yet! But that would be rad!!! :rock

They're making a Dark Shadows movie? It's been years since I've seen it, but it was basically a soap, right? How and why would one make a movie based on a soap?

:dunno ask Johnny Depp, it was his idea.

i watched the show a bit, the reruns when i was younger and thinking it looked creepy. great show though, i would love to see this made into a movie, but like most TV-to-movie films, the cast wouldntbe nearly as good.

It would be nice to see him do something as original as Edward Scissorhands or Beetlejuice again, but he is well suited to Dark Shadows.

"Dark Shadows"...finally the name of the movie AND Tim Burton's most prevailing cinematic technique will be one in the same!

Yes! I cannot wait for Tim Burton's next fortee into more crappy Hot Topic emo products! I'm so excited to see Helen Boham Carter play another creepy, pasty, dark eyed crazy british chick! Oh yes indeedy! Maybe we'll here another great oompa doompa bongy unoriginal bland theme from Danny Elfman!

And I cannot forget, Johnny Depp as a creepy, pasty, darked eyed crazy british dude!

This will RULE.....

:( goddamn you Tim Burton.

At last!!!
I hope it's good!!!

:rock!

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67970

Dark Shadows Set to Shoot in January

Source: Deadline July 15, 2010

Tim Burton's Dark Shadows is set to roll in January 2011, reports Deadline.

The film has also received a new writer in the form of Seth Grahame-Smith (author of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"), who will rewrite the John August screenplay.

Based on the cult soap opera from the 1960's, the film stars Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, a popular vampire character who took over the show's focus after he first appeared one year into the series' original five year run

I posted my thread about this movie shortly after the Alice movie came out and I got a bunch of haters posting. :lol

the guys from South Park are right. if Burton loves Depp so much they should just have sex already.:lol . anyways they do make good movies together.

Last edited:
Honestly, my fear is that Burton and Depp will make it silly (like Alice and Charlie), and I'm pretty much done with any future movies they do if that happens.

Dark Shadows should be more like Sleepy Hollow - gothic and atmospheric.

And no Helena Bonham Carter in the freakin' movie, please!

Back