Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right Aliens fans I have couple of goodies to share with you this Christmas Eve.

Joy and Tom Studios (aka Snyderman) have recently sent me pictures of their Wierzbowski portrait that I commissioned earlier this year and I think it looks great. I am looking forward to putting together a figure to remember Trevor's performance in this movie (so sad he passed this year, 2016 has been so cruel).

Wierzbowski Pic 2.jpg
Wierzbowski Pic 1.jpg

I met Trevor in 2015 and told him I was going to make a Wierzbowski action figure and he thought I was such a dork but he was so nice about it haha. Such a dirty sense of humour too, a lovely chap that will be missed.

As a really nice surprise Joy and Tom also sent me some pictures of their Dietrich portrait too! This is one that they made just because they are such nice people and to help us Aliens fans complete our 1/6 line up. Again I think it looks fantastic and I hope you all enjoy.

Dietrich Pic 1.jpg
Dietrich Pic 2.jpg

I would really like to finish the whole line up and hopefully there will be some more portraits available in 2017.

Merry Christmas everyone

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Wow !!! Great. Looking forward to seeing them complete

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Right Aliens fans I have couple of goodies to share with you this Christmas Eve.

Joy and Tom Studios (aka Snyderman) have recently sent me pictures of their Wierzbowski portrait that I commissioned earlier this year and I think it looks great. I am looking forward to putting together a figure to remember Trevor's performance in this movie (so sad he passed this year, 2016 has been so cruel).

View attachment 312222
View attachment 312223

I met Trevor in 2015 and told him I was going to make a Wierzbowski action figure and he thought I was such a dork but he was so nice about it haha. Such a dirty sense of humour too, a lovely chap that will be missed.

As a really nice surprise Joy and Tom also sent me some pictures of their Dietrich portrait too! This is one that they made just because they are such nice people and to help us Aliens fans complete our 1/6 line up. Again I think it looks fantastic and I hope you all enjoy.

View attachment 312224
View attachment 312225

I would really like to finish the whole line up and hopefully there will be some more portraits available in 2017.

Merry Christmas everyone

Not to be negative here, Dietrich looks ok but I don't see Wierzbowski in that sculpt at all, I can't say what's off, maybe they eyes. I'd have to see it with the helmet on to be sure.

If it helps in the search the actual props were the smart gun batteries I believe, but they were called 'belt tools' by Hot Toys I think.

Thanks mate, it will help me for sure. I came super excited when a reply appeared thinking someone had some available. [emoji24]

Not to be negative here, Dietrich looks ok but I don't see Wierzbowski in that sculpt at all, I can't say what's off, maybe they eyes. I'd have to see it with the helmet on to be sure.

I think he is just too "clean cut" in the paint job. He looks ready for Prom. With a bit more scruff in the paint he will look pretty good I think.

bigbisont or anyone, do you have some of those items to sell or recast and sell?? I think they were ammo packs or somethin. Would like to put them on Hicks and Hudsons belt.

Sorry mate, I saw your PMs before I even saw that post. Unfortunately I don't really have the means to try a recast at the moment. Those were all hot toys ones I tracked down and still need a couple more, so sorry none to spare.

If it helps in the search the actual props were the smart gun batteries I believe, but they were called 'belt tools' by Hot Toys I think.

It was actually the other way around. Hot toys called them the smart gun batteries and shipped them ONLY with Drake and Vaz, but the toy in that form is actually the "belt tool".

Both the 'belt tools' worn by the marines and the Smartgun battery were actually made from the same prop (an 80s folding pop gun toy) so that seems to have caused confusion with hot toys. They should have given those tools to all the marines EXCEPT the smart-gunners (1 each to Hicks and Hudson and 3 to Apone).

Smartgun battery left - "belt tool" on right
20150404_135557.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Bigbisont. Many thanks for the pics and explanation

I did some minor changes in the weathering of his Armor and clothes. What do you guys think??

I know the pulse rifle does not have that green piece in the band but I like it

unnamed%u00252B%u002525281%u00252529.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed%u00252B%u002525282%u00252529.jpg

unnamed%u00252B%u002525283%u00252529.jpg

Last edited:
Back