Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the need is definitely there for others to try and tackle the likenesses of several of these characters. Hudson in particular still doesn't have a sculpt out there that really looks all that much like Paxton IMO.

While not perfect the Snyder-man head is as close as anyone is likely to get to Paxton. In hand it has more of a resemblence than the photos indicate. Paxton has very nondiscript features so without sculpting one of his goofy expressions it's going to be difficult for any sculptor to capture his likeness with a neutral expression. I'm opened minded enough to realize a better version may come along. In the past Snyder-man's mom has gone back and reworked sculpts that didn't get much attention (Liam Neeson/Brian Mills is one example). While thier Hudson head isn't starting any fires here I'm told it's doing really well on ebay so I doubt this version gets reworked. Still looking forward to Snyder-man offering the Predator team. Kearn's are nice, but I want to see Joy's sculpts before diving into that group of customs.

Snyder-Man's Hudson is probably the best out there, but I still just don't see much of the actor in that sculpt. I strongly disagree about no one being able to potentially do a better job.

Not sure why he is going there when Aliens is already being covered quite well. Seems like there are a lot of other properties like A-team that need some love. He does nice work so I'll check out whatever he has to offer.

Covered quite well? Where?
Hot Toys Aone, Hicks and Hudson bore no resemblence to the characters. There have been Hicks sculpts that have been decent and Frontline's Apone but we are still waiting for a good, affordable Hudson that looks like Hudson. We still need Gorman, Burke, Frost, $punkmeyer, Crowe, Wierzbowski, Dietrich, Ferro as well as Hicks, Drake, Vasquez.
Covered? It hasn't been scratched yet. Maybe even be able to get an alternate James Remar as Hicks for a background grunt.

Covered quite well? Where?
Hot Toys Aone, Hicks and Hudson bore no resemblence to the characters. There have been Hicks sculpts that have been decent and Frontline's Apone but we are still waiting for a good, affordable Hudson that looks like Hudson. We still need Gorman, Burke, Frost, $punkmeyer, Crowe, Wierzbowski, Dietrich, Ferro as well as Hicks, Drake, Vasquez.
Covered? It hasn't been scratched yet. Maybe even be able to get an alternate James Remar as Hicks for a background grunt.

:goodpost: More sculpts, better for us.

I've put together some custom Marines, can anybody help with the names on the armor? Looking for similar font and style as the original type in some sort of decal. Any help would be appreciated. Looking for Frost, Crowe & Wierzbowski if it will fit on the armor.

i tried an experiment using avery clear labels for laser printers and using a spacedock font
https://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=spacedock
it does not match the original but i like the look of the font and the avery labels have a nongloss finish. does not look bad. i think you will have trouble with wierzbowski as it will go across the entire chest plate with a #8 size font. anything smaller may not be readable.

Anyone paint up that Snyder-Man Hudson sculpt and put it on his body yet?

hicksandhudson.jpg

I see more of Paxton in the sculpt, but am not sure if a scene specific look is gonna work as well on my display.

That was the point I tried to make before about the original Snyder-man Hudson. If you are position your figures like they are posing for a photograph, the game over expression doesn't work in a group. Game over lends itself to dioramas or a stand alone display with his clothes and armor weathered. A smirk might work in a group but expression seem to be tricking to pull off in a sculpt. As far as the Huson game over on a body it should look the same as the picture provided. My understanding was that the wax head used for the original Paxton sculpt was altered to create the game over head. So the neck should be the same size as the original?

Dear Lord, what a douchebaggery :D You realy have to look twice...

Ok language barrier issues. What are we talking about exactly? If you mean the little soul patch of hair under his bottom lip then yes it was in the movie. If that is not what you mean by chinfungus I have no idea what you are asking.

That little 'beard'. I/some/we called it like that for teasing only, but always. Cause it is a ridicoulus way to wear and cut beard like that.

And I never noticed in the Movie, nor on comon pictures:
hudson-aliens.jpg

a_014BillPaxton.jpg

a_085HudsonHicks.jpg

It might be movie correct, but for me it is still a difference if you barrley notice that thing or see it right a way as dark spot unter the mouth. So I could live without on my new head. Easely! :wave

Last edited:
Back