Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the comedian body aint bad.I currently using it for my Hicks.
there are however 2 problems with this body.1 is that you cant pose it as good as other bodies,2 the hands that match the body dont hold onto the marine weapons very well.But the plus side is that the arms look alot better than other bodies.you can see the body Im using for hicks a few pages back.

the comedian body aint bad.I currently using it for my Hicks.
there are however 2 problems with this body.1 is that you cant pose it as good as other bodies,2 the hands that match the body dont hold onto the marine weapons very well.But the plus side is that the arms look alot better than other bodies.you can see the body Im using for hicks a few pages back.

1. I would assume the Wolverine body has the same problems with posing then. Can you explain a little more about the body's limitations?

2. Do you mean there's no way to use standard TT hands on the wrist pegs? Any chance you could post a pic or two to show what they look like? That would be very helpful.

Its limited in the elbow joints because it doesnt have a double hinged elbow join like the older ht bodies.so you cant raise the fist to just off the shoulder i.e this classic pose.you cant get the arms this high.

Just a thought, but you might want to consider going with a body like HT's Watchmen Comedian. I've seen them loose on ebay lately. They're not exactly cheap, but I think that size would be a decent substitute for the older rubber body Drake had, and would give you much better articulation, too. It also has the ball type neck, so with any luck his head will just pop right on there. I've been seriously considering that option for my own Drake figure, but the cost is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger...

I thought about using the comedian body or wolverine body. But wouldnt you need to modify the heads to fit? Cos those bodies have necks already attached as part of the body. I've not really done any customizing before so i may be totally wrong and making no sense. lol.

I thought about using the comedian body or wolverine body. But wouldnt you need to modify the heads to fit? Cos those bodies have necks already attached as part of the body. I've not really done any customizing before so i may be totally wrong and making no sense. lol.

Does the wolverine body have a hairy structure on the arms?.
Cous if it does, then it would b great for drake. Just a little collor switch on the arm hair.
I say this becouse, drake-on-screen has a real thick blond hairy cover over his arms.

Does the wolverine body have a hairy structure on the arms?.
Cous if it does, then it would b great for drake. Just a little collor switch on the arm hair.
I say this becouse, drake-on-screen has a real thick blond hairy cover over his arms.

yeah it does have the hair but not painted like the wolvie.

yes,but its not hard

No worries, mate, it makes perfect sense, though it would depend on what kind of head you were planning to put on the body. The original Drake muscle body also has a molded-on neck, so it shouldn't be a problem putting Drake's head on a Comedian/Wolverine body, at least as far as I can tell.

If you wanted to use a head with the neck sculpted on, like with Hicks, then you'd need to trim some of the neck off to make it into the "neckless" type head. There are a few ways you could attach the modded head to the molded-on neck, but I'd suggest gluing a neck adaptor with the correct sized socket inside the neck hole, so that it would fit onto the ball joint that's already in the molded-on neck. That way you'd have full articulation and it would look like it was made that way. Hope that made sense! :lol

Anyway, it may sound a little complicated, but in reality it wouldn't be that difficult to do. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of doing the same thing with the "Stoner" SEAL/Hicks sculpt I posted pics of a few pages back. I'm still looking for the right neck adaptor, but when I do I'll try to post a tutorial w/pics here for anyone who wants to attempt the same mod. It might take me a while though...

Its limited in the elbow joints because it doesnt have a double hinged elbow join like the older ht bodies.so you cant raise the fist to just off the shoulder i.e this classic pose.you cant get the arms this high.

Okay, I see what you mean. Not very good for Hicks or any Marine with a PR or flamer, but for a smart-gunner it probably wouldn't pose as much of a problem. The SG kinda limits the figure's range of arm movements anyway.

That looks like the new King Leonidas body. That one would probably be just right for Hicks or Hudson, and it looks to have more articulation than any of the other "muscle" bodies. I guess it would work for Drake too, though it might be just a bit on the lean side for him.

The main problem is the price tag... these headless bodies are mostly going for over $100 on ebay lately, same as the Comedian & Wolverine bodies. $50 would be a fair price I think. :monkey4

That looks like the new King Leonidas body. That one would probably be just right for Hicks or Hudson, and it looks to have more articulation than any of the other "muscle" bodies. I guess it would work for Drake too, though it might be just a bit on the lean side for him.

The main problem is the price tag... these headless bodies are mostly going for over $100 on ebay lately, same as the Comedian & Wolverine bodies. $50 would be a fair price I think. :monkey4

Yeah man, thats just a little to much money for just a body 100 dollars.
50 would be a good price.
this one has also very nice articulation ,Cris redfield

View attachment 24623

I was also looking into getting the chris redfield body for my regular marines, only thing is I think he looks way too buff, you know?

I also worry about the articulation in the arms, I'm actually using a hot toys RE5 Sheva figure for my female smart gunner, it works well for that, but can't hold a rifle for anything, so I worry about the articulation

I was also looking into getting the chris redfield body for my regular marines, only thing is I think he looks way too buff, you know?

I also worry about the articulation in the arms, I'm actually using a hot toys RE5 Sheva figure for my female smart gunner, it works well for that, but can't hold a rifle for anything, so I worry about the articulation

Yeah, it is a little buffy just a little to buffy for the normal marines for drake maybe.
Think i will wait for a Sarah Conner body, for that one has more muscle.
Articulation in the arms?:confused:
You mean how posable the arms are i gues?
Nice custom marine BTW Cpl.Shepard.
Love the text on your smartgun armor, hehe SMART ASS, LOL.
look way better with those arms man
Could just use a little muscle for the Vasquez look.

Last edited:
No worries, mate, it makes perfect sense, though it would depend on what kind of head you were planning to put on the body. The original Drake muscle body also has a molded-on neck, so it shouldn't be a problem putting Drake's head on a Comedian/Wolverine body, at least as far as I can tell.

If you wanted to use a head with the neck sculpted on, like with Hicks, then you'd need to trim some of the neck off to make it into the "neckless" type head. There are a few ways you could attach the modded head to the molded-on neck, but I'd suggest gluing a neck adaptor with the correct sized socket inside the neck hole, so that it would fit onto the ball joint that's already in the molded-on neck. That way you'd have full articulation and it would look like it was made that way. Hope that made sense! :lol

Anyway, it may sound a little complicated, but in reality it wouldn't be that difficult to do. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking of doing the same thing with the "Stoner" SEAL/Hicks sculpt I posted pics of a few pages back. I'm still looking for the right neck adaptor, but when I do I'll try to post a tutorial w/pics here for anyone who wants to attempt the same mod. It might take me a while though...

Awesome, thanks dude. I've never done any customizing but decided i finally wanna try and update my marines a bit. One of the main things being getting some decent bodies. Might look into one of the smaller muscle bodies like comedian or the king leonidas if i could find it cheap enough. Will keep an eye on this thread and see what you guys recommend. lol.

Yeah, it is a little buffy just a little to buffy for the normal marines for drake maybe.
Think i will wait for a Sarah Conner body, for that one has more muscle.
Articulation in the arms?:confused:
You mean how posable the arms are i gues?
Nice custom marine BTW Cpl.Shepard.
Love the text on your smartgun armor, hehe SMART ASS, LOL.
look way better with those arms man
Could just use a little muscle for the Vasquez look.

thanks!

yeah the female true type with the rubber arms looks great, but she can't shoulder a rifle I'm definatly looking forward to the Sarah Connor figure, might pick up two so I can use the body, maybe find a custom Vasquez headsculpt somewhere

I think Sarah Connor is going to be the best ever option for Vasquez. With any luck they'll see the wisdom in releasing them for sale individually, like they've done with the two most recent female bodies.

The new HT Perseus figure from the Clash of the Titans remake is on sale now at Sideshow. I was hoping HT would be using the Leonidas body again, but they went with what looks like a hybrid... a Leonidas lower body and Comedian upper body, with the same limited elbow joints...

"Well, there goes our salvage, guys". :(

Looks like I may have to order at least one more boxed King Leonidas to harvest the body before prices start going up.

Hey guys, does anyone have a picture of Hicks with the Xenoviper sculpt? I'm interested in picking it up, but would like to see how it looks with the gear, etc. first. Thanks ahead of time.

Hey guys, does anyone have a picture of Hicks with the Xenoviper sculpt? I'm interested in picking it up, but would like to see how it looks with the gear, etc. first. Thanks ahead of time.

xeno_hicks.jpg

This is Xenoviper's sculpt painted by Xenoviper himself :banana I should have it in hand soon. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. I have seen the sculpt, I just haven't seen it on any bodies. If you could post some pics on the body/with gear when it arrives, it would be appreciated :)

I might end up just biting the bullet and buying one beforehand, though. It looks fantastic, the Les Walker option seems to be off the table, and if I'm going to get a head, I want spiky hair instead of the "Stoner" look, so that looks to be the way to go.

Back