Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still holding out for some new and improved patches from MAA. I'd just like to save the ones I got from Chris, if possible.
Understand your point mudshark, you probably got loads of good memories that go with those patches from Chris.
And why would u use them, if there's even a better patch skin coming up.

Much difference between that old Ht body and that comedian body man, thats realy a world of difference.
Wonder if a sovereign sleeve would still work or if they will look to big on those new arms, (just to hide the elbow joints).
i must say that it wont bother me that much with those comedian type joints, looks much much better then the original body's.
And then again, why use that body if you are gonna use the sovereign sleeves, would just be a wast of money.

That dark wash looks cool man, think i will just save those HT bdu,s for e-bay untill i get the BDU,s from MAA
Or maybe just try to sell them here on the forum

And what do i see Dano, 2 shoulder lamps missing, are they on a little Electronic trip?

And what do i see here dano, R you gonna leave us?
Probably some bigger Priorities for you coming up, .BTw nice kitchen you guys have.

Last edited:
Much difference between that old Ht body and that comedian body man, thats realy a world of difference.
Wonder if a sovereign sleeve would still work or if they will look to big on those new arms, (just to hide the elbow joints).
i must say that it wont bother me that much with those comedian type joints, looks much much better then the original body's.
And then again, why use that body if you are gonna use the sovereign sleeves, would just be a wast of money.

That dark wash looks cool man, think i will just save those HT bdu,s for e-bay untill i get the BDU,s from MAA
Or maybe just try to sell them here on the forum

And what do i see Dano, 2 shoulder lamps missing, are they on a little Electronic trip?

And what do i see here dano, R you gonna leave us?
Probably some bigger Priorities for you coming up, .BTw nice kitchen you guys have.

nah Ive got the lamps stashed coz at the point Ive got hicks and Hudson at is after the nest encounter and they ditch them after that,still have to put a bandage on hudson.Not going to do any lighting mods,to much hassle.Not going to mod them any further Im happy with the way they look at the moment,just happy I got a Spikey haired hicks and didnt have to sell my first born for it lol.

hey guys what do you think is a good price for a good spikey haired Hicks sculpt like the fml one? I have the hot toys Hudson head on my hicks but it just doesn't look right without the helmet on because of how long and dark the hair is.

nah Ive got the lamps stashed coz at the point Ive got hicks and Hudson at is after the nest encounter and they ditch them after that,still have to put a bandage on hudson.Not going to do any lighting mods,to much hassle.Not going to mod them any further Im happy with the way they look at the moment,just happy I got a Spikey haired hicks and didnt have to sell my first born for it lol.
Ok, well they do look cool all together, gorman could use a little hight.

hey guys what do you think is a good price for a good spikey haired Hicks sculpt like the fml one? I have the hot toys Hudson head on my hicks but it just doesn't look right without the helmet on because of how long and dark the hair is.

Think maybe 30/35 dollars unpainted, 50/60 dollars painted.
Or you could just ask a artist here on the forum to paint that HT hudson head you own and have it painted like thisView attachment 25057

thanks! Anyone you recommend D-Chaos?

Gonna post up my marines probably by tonight.

FYI the sheva body for Vazquez doesn't look bad at all, better than the vanilla body she shipped with.

Think maybe 30/35 dollars unpainted, 50/60 dollars painted.
I have been on the lookout for awhile, and never saw one go for under $95 or so painted. I'm sure some folks have re-cast his head so that it would be cheaper to buy unpainted, but I haven't seen many of those floating around.

I have been on the lookout for awhile, and never saw one go for under $95 or so painted. I'm sure some folks have re-cast his head so that it would be cheaper to buy unpainted, but I haven't seen many of those floating around.

I agree. Painted your looking at the $100 mark.

gotcha. Yeah so far the only one I've found is more than double that price...I don't mind paying 100$ though, rather good price for something that spot on

Here's the rest of the armor-
The helmet, showing the difference between the stock camo and the accurate camo-

KPFFN-USCMHollis6Helmet.jpg

ONBWT-USCMHollislegs.jpg

GWQTF-USCMHollis6Back.jpg

OOh dont mention recasted FML Hicks heads some people on this forum dont take kindly to it LOL.But I know they exist.

A guy wants 250 for his in the commerce section.hand painted by Les himself.Which is a bit costly IMO

The helmet, showing the difference between the stock camo and the accurate camo-

ONBWT-USCMHollislegs.jpg

The shine,groin and helmet looks cool but the armor seems to me like it needs a little more camo pattern to it.Still,looks good with the weathering.

"The Dark Knight" I love it Hollis.

Thanks much DD! That nickname was given to me during my first Dragoncon. I brought Colonial Marine gear and a Batsuit based on "Dead End". Was more than a bit nervous wearing spandex, I tell ya. But, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see how much the ladies liked it. Hence, the nickname! :D:D

Dano, while it may look like it needs more "camo", it's quite accurate to what was actually seen on screen. But, Hot Toys probably agreed with you and thought it need more too! :lol

ONBWT-USCMHollislegs.jpg

Beauuuuti-ful job on that armor, man! Btw, I thought the pics you posted earlier were of your 1:1 scale armor... I plead insanity! :google That's what I get for trying to read posts at 3:00 a.m. after a 13 hour work day! :lol

The stock HT paint apps aren't badly done in spite of their inaccuracy, but I was never too happy with the fact that they painted the same exact camo pattern on every piece of armor of all three Marines! Now that I've seen how cool yours looks repainted I won't be able to live with the stock paint apps anymore, dammit! (Good thing I already have the right colors on hand... heheh.) :D I love all the graffiti from your 1:1 armor scaled down to 1:6... extremely cool, bro! :cool:

Beauuuuti-ful job on that armor, man! Btw, I thought the pics you posted earlier were of your 1:1 scale armor... I plead insanity! :google That's what I get for trying to read posts at 3:00 a.m. after a 13 hour work day! :lol

The stock HT paint apps aren't badly done in spite of their inaccuracy, but I was never too happy with the fact that they painted the same exact camo pattern on every piece of armor of all three Marines! Now that I've seen how cool yours looks repainted I won't be able to live with the stock paint apps anymore, dammit! (Good thing I already have the right colors on hand... heheh.) :D I love all the graffiti from your 1:1 armor scaled down to 1:6... extremely cool, bro! :cool:

Thanks very much bro! That's the highest compliment I can get!! :D:D

Painting the graffiti was a challenge, but easier than the name- Trying to do that USCM font by hand was a bee-atch! Over and over...painting out slight bulges in the lettering, trying to get straight lines..:banghead:banghead

I agree, the stock HT camo is nice looking, it's just not accurate. I know what you mean...do I re-do my HT set of Marines with MAA bdu's and repaing alllll the armor?? :google We'll see how I feel after I do up my own custom squad of 5 Marines!! :lol

Back