Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From local boardy. He told me it's Hudson, I said OK I don't mind. But when I went see him to pick it up, he said ' Sorry it's Hick not Hudson. Do you still want it?' HELL YES :D (I silently thinking to myself :lol) Damn lucky me.

Last edited:
From local boardy. He told me it's Hudson, I said OK I don't mind. But when I went see him to pick it up, he said ' Sorry it's Hick not Hudson. Do you still want it?' HELL YES :D (I silently thinking to myself :lol) Damn lucky me.

Oh yeah you damn lucky for that price. That worth about $400 ish. Well done

These are the pics of the final version MAA posted in the BDU thread recently. The colors look exactly like my 1:1 scale BDU (in my sig)! The sets will include helmet covers in the same camo pattern, too. Can't wait to start upgrading my squad of ultimate badasses with these! :D

Here's a scan of the front & back of the final version shirt:

FinalShirt1.jpg

FinalShirt2.jpg

FinalPants1.jpg

FinalPants2.jpg

Expect olive green threads when they are sewn up and done. Stay tuned~! ;)

does anyone have a good guide to what the armor camo pattern from the movie looks like?

I've got two sets of grunt armor, working on getting a 3rd now, I customized one, and one is the original hot toys pattern, so of course it's bugging me they don't have the same pattern haha

so I'd like to redo the both of them, but I'm always worried I'm gonna mess the pattern up.

I've also got a 1:1 scale set I'd like to fix too haha, so this could help me there aswell

and yeah, can't wait for my MAA bdus to get here, I got two sets of his 1:1 stuff a year ago for me and my girlfriend, they're awesome, can't wait for my 1:6 scale marines to be all geared up.

I've managed to get hold of Hudson & Drake but neither set has the body. What do you recommend for replacements? I was thinking TT narrow for Hudson but I have no idea what to use for Drake.

I've managed to get hold of Hudson & Drake but neither set has the body. What do you recommend for replacements? I was thinking TT narrow for Hudson but I have no idea what to use for Drake.

The narrow TT might be good, their might be more movement it the arm area when the body armour is on, Yea the drake body is Hot Toys Rambo, the more recent bodies are all way to big for drake.

Just a thought, but you might want to consider going with a body like HT's Watchmen Comedian. I've seen them loose on ebay lately. They're not exactly cheap, but I think that size would be a decent substitute for the older rubber body Drake had, and would give you much better articulation, too. It also has the ball type neck, so with any luck his head will just pop right on there. I've been seriously considering that option for my own Drake figure, but the cost is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger...

Mudshark said:
you might want to consider going with a body like HT's Watchmen Comedian... I've been seriously considering that option for my own Drake figure, but the cost is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger
I had the same idea and haven't done it for the same reason. :lol

We could do with HT releasing nude figures with this body type. Similar wish for the Sarah Connor type body.

Thanks for the advice Guys. Never though of the Comedian, but as you say might need to wait for the price to drop. I'm in no rush anyway, as I still need a Drake headsculpt.

Back