Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished putting my vasquez together
Thanks to Brent "GBD" for his amazing repaint.
i followed it up painting the HT sarah conner body accordingly
comments and critique welcome...
P8270073_2.jpg
P9150076.jpg

P9150081.jpg

P9150077.jpg
P9150075-1.jpg

P9150080.jpg

P9150082.jpg
P9150085.jpg

thanks bros
Miguel T.

Finally finished putting my vasquez together
Thanks to Brent "GBD" for his amazing repaint.
i followed it up painting the HT sarah conner body accordingly
comments and critique welcome...

P9150082.jpg
P9150085.jpg

thanks bros
Miguel T.

She Rocks!, Miguel T. :rock
Amazingly Great Paintjob dude:hi5:
Looks 100 times more rocking then the Original figure.
See that the black on her bandana is also painted on, super cool.
You also got a PM.

Hey all, need a little help. I've had a FML hicks head or a little while now but have never gotten around to actually using it on my hicks because, as im sure those of you who have one will know, you need to modify the neck connector to fit. Basically i was wondering if anyone had a spare neck connector that they could modify for me to fit, as i have no tools etc for doing so. I realise there's a for sale section but i thought i'd get better results here as this is where all the marines customizers hang out.
Thanks guys.

Well ive gone and bought a Hudson and i decided to upgrade his body to a HT Wolverine body...however obviously the neck connector isnt going to work, but i dont want to even attempt to modify the neck of the moulded rubber.

So my question does anyone have any idea of a head without a pre-moulded neck that would fit onto the Hot toys Wolverine muscle type body that resembles Hudson?

Well ive gone and bought a Hudson and i decided to upgrade his body to a HT Wolverine body...however obviously the neck connector isnt going to work, but i dont want to even attempt to modify the neck of the moulded rubber.

So my question does anyone have any idea of a head without a pre-moulded neck that would fit onto the Hot toys Wolverine muscle type body that resembles Hudson?

I don't happen to have any figures with the same HT body type that Wolvie was based on, so I'm not exactly sure what sort of connector you'd need for the conversion. It would depend on the head you plan to use for your Hudson. Were you planning to use the original "Hudson" head (which is actually Hicks under the paint), or something else?

One way would be to trim down the molded-on neck, remove the connector plug, then either reuse it or fit a suitable connector plug into the modded head. If you could supply just a little more info as to what exactly you have to work with, I might be able to help you figure out a way to attach the head you want to use to the Wolverine body.

Just a thought, but have you test fitted the armor already? If not, it might be a good idea to make sure it will fit the Wolverine torso before proceeding with the upgrade. Hope this was helpful.

Dude what headsculpt is this!?!? Amazing!!!

Well, the weather over here's been absolutely craptastic for the past couple of weeks, but the sun finally peeked out long enough for me to snap some quick pics... So here at last is a set of MAA's new camo BDUs, taken in natural sunlight with my SA 1:1 USCM 3-PAT camo BDU in the background for comparison.

I'd say the colors and pattern are as good as it gets. They do look brand spankin' new issue though, so a wee bit of subtle fading / weathering is probably in order for those who want their Marines to look SA. Vas is really looking forward to getting her female-sized BDUs next! :D

Thanks again to MAA for making these available!!! :duff

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010131-1.jpg

sil80jdm said:
Are the fml heads still available to get?
Ah, I was guessing that might be your next question... Sadly, Les is no longer producing them, (even unpainted, as the mould broke). They come up for sale on this board and ebay, but not often. You could try posting in the Wanted section.

Ah, I was guessing that might be your next question... Sadly, Les is no longer producing them, (even unpainted, as the mould broke). They come up for sale on this board and ebay, but not often. You could try posting in the Wanted section.

Thanks for the help my friend :D

I received MAA's female BDU sets over the summer and modded one set just for Vasquez. I carefully removed the sleeves by cutting out the stitching and then resewed the sleeve openings. I also narrowed the waist by simply moving the snaps on the trousers to give her a somewhat more feminine profile.

Here are some pics of the BDU on the Sarah Connor body I'll be using for Vas. The original HT head is the older, hollow type and I'll need to fill the head and install a socket for the new type neck post, so I just left Sarah's head on there for now.

I think these new BDUs look pretty cool and are a big improvement over the original HT uniform. I still need to add the patches and name tapes, a belt for her trousers, the "LOCO" lettering on her back, and her shoulder holster rig. MAA said he was working on some new patch & insignia sets, so I'll most likely just wait for those before finishing her uniform.

P1010202.jpg

P1010204.jpg

As someone who's gone through ALL of these pages at one point to help in making his Marines more accurate, I thought I'd add something new,

I noticed and didn't see mentioned here a simple but noticeable difference between the HT Hick and the movie version:

Hudson doesn't have any grenades on his combat suspenders

During the initial deployment to LV426, he's got not grenades at all!

Guess he musta forget them packing all those "...knives, sharp sticks...:"

Thought id post here if any of you guys have a spare stoner head or original hudson sculpt for a hicks custom

I have an original hudson head. I stripped the paint off of it intending to use it on a Hicks (was going to repaint it), then I got the FML head and ended up selling Hicks anyway.
Shoot me a PM if interested.

I actually have a Hot Toys Ripley for sale with box and a leather jacket by Dragon. All excellent condition, just been on display.

Also I'm selling my Kane and Dallas figures, both have boxes; Kane has my custom headsculpt painted up.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53921&highlight=kane

Blue Aliens Warrior; ankles superglued in place, everything else has remained intact (!).

If interested on anything above, please send a PM and make an offer.

Need to sell them as relocating back to UK.

I'll post this in the commerce section at the weekend too.

I will have a custom Hudson (genuine Hudson figure with Frontline headsculpt painted by me) and a custom Bishop available soon too.

Back