Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally been able to put bishop together and wanted to share. Still have some way to go to finish everything (Hudson head being the most obvious) but I'm really excited how it's all coming together.

Nice Lookin crew you got there Dinosoar-daz,...
Realy great look on the ripley arms!,
Did you use the Sarah conner body for her?,...
Xenoviper is gonna do a resculpt on the H2O Hudson BTW, thought you would like to know.
Your Bishop needs a matching tan, i would choose to do the tan just a little lighter on the face.
Would like to see that Bishop paintjob close-up .

Gonna use the Sarah body for Vasquez, and Sarah hands for Ripley.
And am waiting on a return of Drake,s head , was dun by Small _studios.
+ 5 new suits for my crew from ''Men-at-arms'', with so much accurateness it will make you puke!,:lol.
Still waiting on sleeves i see,... did saw a thread a while ago by ''Sovereign studio'' on new sleeves.
Would like a new pair of sleeves myself,:dunno sumhoes?.
Gonna PM Shawn again on that,...........................................

Last edited:
Realy great look on the ripley arms!, Did you use the Sarah conner body for her?,...

Yes that's the Sarah body, which I managed to get at a resonable price...looks so much better.

Xenoviper is gonna do a resculpt on the H2O Hudson BTW, thought you would like to know.

Wow, I didn't know that. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Your Bishop needs a matching tan, i would choose to do the tan just a little lighter on the face.
Would like to see that Bishop paintjob close-up .

:lol Bishops sculpt came pre-painted a little darker than I would have prefered and then to make matters worse the new TrueType body is much paler :slap Not too sure what I will do about it yet as cashflow is a bit tight thanks to Hot Toys's new T2 & Predators line :)

And am waiting on a return of Drake,s head , was dun by Small _studios.
+ 5 new suits for my crew from ''Men-at-arms'', with so much accurateness it will make you puke!,:lol.

The Small Studios repaint will be sweet. Can't wait to see the photos.

Still waiting on sleeves i see,... did saw a thread a while ago by ''Sovereign studio'' on new sleeves.
Would like a new pair of sleeves myself,:dunno sumhoes?.
Gonna PM Shawn again on that,...........................................

I read somewhere that he needed to make new moulds before we can get new sleeves. Hopefully he'll put some on ebay at a later date and I'll get some then.

I'll post some new photos when I've done a bit more work on my diorama.

Ah mudshark its not my dio, I just found the pics of it!
Some people seem to like to leave there marines alone, Id personally customize them but to each their own.

Well, the weather over here's been absolutely craptastic for the past couple of weeks, but the sun finally peeked out long enough for me to snap some quick pics... So here at last is a set of MAA's new camo BDUs, taken in natural sunlight with my SA 1:1 USCM 3-PAT camo BDU in the background for comparison.

I'd say the colors and pattern are as good as it gets. They do look brand spankin' new issue though, so a wee bit of subtle fading / weathering is probably in order for those who want their Marines to look SA. Vas is really looking forward to getting her female-sized BDUs next! :D

Thanks again to MAA for making these available!!! :duff

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010131-1.jpg

Last edited:
The BDUs will fade if you wash them. But since you don't wear these but plastic bodies that don't sweat & produce body oils causing need for cycle washing -- you might help the process along. In the past, one tea spoon of bleach added to single cycle no detergent wash then hang dry in natural sun light have yield instant results. ALSO, for anyone wanting to roll sleeves up easier, I'd recommend popping/slashing the stitching instead of making a permanent cut up the sleeve seam, so that preserves the integrity of the sleeves and can be sewn back if needed. Just 2 tips. ;)

Thanks for posting these pictures MAA!.
And ''LT Dan'', thanks for your info on the helmet cover you did.
(Realy appriciate this alot).
Will make good use of this.:hi5:

Does anyone know what would work as replacement boots for Vasquez? Are they the same as the other marines? I’ve scanned this thread again but can’t see any clear shots. I’ve never owned the figure so I’m not sure.

Does anyone know what would work as replacement boots for Vasquez? Are they the same as the other marines? I’ve scanned this thread again but can’t see any clear shots. I’ve never owned the figure so I’m not sure.

Yo Dinosoar-D
The boots that came with Vasquez,
are almost the same as ''Apone'' and ''Hicks'' boots that came with the HT sets.
If you look at the later released marines,( Drake and Hudson), then you will notice that they have less detailed boots, realy? yeah realy.
they are more slim, and they have no real shoelaces.
View attachment 27240
But if you go back to the start in this thread, there you can read about better matching boots.

I found it for ya:hi5:
These are words worgar putt on in the first few posts.

Boots are the wrong pattern. I think the toys come with Panama pattern soles when they should be Vibram pattern soles.

The Panama sole conversion to Vibram sole on high end 1/6 jungle boots has been addressed as below. Just need a pair of cheapo vinyl Nam boots or similar:

USCMBoots2.gif

USCMBoots3.gif

Yo Dinosoar-D
The boots that came with Vasquez,
are almost the same as ''Apone'' and ''Hicks'' boots that came with the HT sets.

But if you go back to the start in this thread, there you can read about better matching boots.

Boots are the wrong pattern. I think the toys come with Panama pattern soles when they should be Vibram pattern soles.

The Panama sole conversion to Vibram sole on high end 1/6 jungle boots has been addressed as below. Just need a pair of cheapo vinyl Nam boots or similar:

Thank you DC & MAA. I think my search of the thread was too specific. When I just seached for boot I got much more useful results :slap :lol
Anyway my next marine project has begun :yess:

postie just delivered my painted Hero Heads Apone. yay!

finally a complete set of Marines with decent head sculpts.

Back