Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think about the knife sheats?

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

For the Hicks sheath, the button snap that holds the knife in the sheath is actually up at the hand guard. There is no material around or near the handle. I minor detail, but it sounds like you are going for 100%.

It is this type of sheath (specifically the newer looking one on the left)
20150608_192506.jpg

Did you custom make your Hudson "hack pouch"? That looks pretty good from here. Have better pics?

Thanks for the tips, will make more changes in Hicks soon.

Yes Hudson is custom made by Fergo. Will try to make better pics later, I have this closer pic.

Maybe Hudson knife handle is a bit large.

image8.jpeg

Thanks for the tips, will make more changes in Hicks soon.

Yes Hudson is custom made by Fergo. Will try to make better pics later, I have this closer pic.

Maybe Hudson knife handle is a bit large.

I actually meant better pics of the "hack pouch" kit that he uses to run a bypass on the door (on his right hip).
I have one I basically inherited when I purchased a Hudson that had already been customized and it is decent, but it is static. I have been considering upgrading to one that actually unfolds. It looks like yours does?

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Lol. Sorry. I found it in ebay and added a couple straps in the back in order to hang on the belt. It unfolds but there is nothing inside (yet). Have another one lying around if you want it.
8c3ca6787af47a0b7778ed0864b5e80c.jpg
bfd038c2c6291c7a1957886b44af3463.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hicks knife and sheath done for now. Painted the knife handle and moded the sheath, adding a couple of tinny magnets for the rivet.

54739adaac2970dfb0860b7289593c07.jpg
9b81e57f3bb770078e4d1e9b420bb06c.jpg
e65fcc74adce8b8e37024650184f56b8.jpg
92b796c7db73cce86c7d68a5c41e3414.jpg
a69c0f9c77b40b44062c389b47538db5.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Very cool all around. I like the change to Hick's sheath and I'll def be considering that hack pouch. Thanks!

I see you use undergarments on Hicks.
How is the t-shirt situation for the squad? Anyone knows anything that deep?

m.

Thanks buddy.

TO EVERYONE: I'd like to buy a Kaustik Apone. Anybody has one for sale?

Is Drake's really smaller than Billy's? Any comparison pic?

Why call you "crazy"? You mean there was unanimous consent about the Cheong fix being the best available solution?

That Triad body doesn't cut it for me. I guess that, on hand, Cheong solution must be too thick... right?

Regards,
m.

Black cylinder on Hicks' left strap?
m.

You mean his right? Its not movie accurate to be placed in there but wanted to show it. Its the locator that goes with the watch.

watches_zps3d662ef2.jpg

What are you guys gonna do about Hicks little bag/pouch in his right strap? Anything in Kitbashing to make it?

Hicks_Savannah_Bronica.jpg

hicks1.jpg

and asking about reference pics for Hudsons hack pouch. Here you have it

Hudson_tech_kit.jpg

x.jpg

I see you use undergarments on Hicks.
How is the t-shirt situation for the squad? Anyone knows anything that deep?

m.

HA! Man 'digging deep' is just the beginning of my psychosis...

Most had army undershirts. Much like the "Brown Bess"/Olive Drab debate of the weapons and gear, the T-Shirts have some color controversy. They are most likely brown army undershirts, but look olive drab on screen with the low light and blue filter. Your probably good either way you go for color.

-Hicks: Brown or OD undershirt (sleeves of the undershirt rolled up into the sleeves of his BDU for a tight fit)
-Hudson: Same shirt as hicks, but with sleeves cut off
-Drake: Tan "I served my time in Hell, Cetii Epsilon IV" T-shirt with sleeves cut off.
-Frost: Gray "Peace through Superior Firepower" T-shirt with concept design of Pulse rifle featured
-Ski: Plain gray T-shirt. No design
-Apone: Same shirt as Hicks
-Crowe: Same shirt as Hicks
-Vazques: A 'tank top' but looks to have been cut into a tank top from a regular T-shirt. (Bonus points if you draw the skull Goldstein tried to do on the left collar bone area, but then abandonded)
-Dietrich: Same T-Shirt as Hicks/Crowe/Hudson, but with her "no entry" sign that is also on her armor breastplate drawn onto the shirt.
-Pilots (Ferro and Spunkmeyer): likely same T shirt as Hicks, but never featured. The dark color is visible at times at the zipper line of their flight suits.

Any reference pics of that pouch?
m.

Another good pic of the hack kit/pouch
Hudson Drop w hack kit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks buddy.

TO EVERYONE: I'd like to buy a Kaustik Apone. Anybody has one for sale?

Is Drake's really smaller than Billy's? Any comparison pic?

Why call you "crazy"? You mean there was unanimous consent about the Cheong fix being the best available solution?

That Triad body doesn't cut it for me. I guess that, on hand, Cheong solution must be too thick... right?

Regards,
m.

They were both on the hot toys seamless muscle body at the time, but Drakes had to fit under the Smart Gun rig and Billy's had to fit over his regular clothes. I think even in real life they went with a tiny flack jacket for drake since it had to fit under his 3A rig, but I assure you the Drake Hot toys jacket is smaller than the Billy Jacket.

This pic probably doesn't make it that clear, since the larger Billy vest is further away, but its the only pic I have with the vests next to each other straight on. (ignore everything about the figures!! Very old pic. Body and head upgrades are already completed)

FlightCrew1.jpg

As for the choeng sleeve, I don't know that there was a unanimous decision that it was the best option, but since it was listed on the first post as the best option, I assume many like it. I just think most attempts to make her 'jacked' end up making her look manly and too thick. I'd rather have exposed joints than have her end up overly bulked. But I certainly don't fault anyone for their preferences. I know mine is unlikely to be the dominant opinion.

What are you guys gonna do about Hicks little bag/pouch in his right strap? Anything in Kitbashing to make it?

Just for reference, it is a savanahh bronica lighter. (Competition to Zippo, i hear).

20150115_182935.jpg

I made mine using a chopped up NECA shotgun sheath and the brass clip from a McFarlane Hicks (which was comically oversized for that figure, but just about perfect for a 1/6th clip!)

CAM00887.jpg

lighter.jpg

(again, ignore the figure, the joints, the lack of upgraded paint...its all a WIP)

Not many details. Only thing I see listed is Q4 2016. So within the next 7 months or so...
Appearently this is the 'new' one. A previous SDU figure was made with a more muscular arm, but the arms all deteriorated and cracked to the point there was a factory recall.

Anyone have the DID SWAT figure body? That one had seamless arms and is out now, but it look a bit bulky, and I heard their pose-ability was pretty terrible.

I do have the DID SWAT body. The seamless arms have terrible articulation due to plastic joints. The recent release from DAM (their first SDU figure set) have metal joints and decent articulation. However, early release ones have rubber breakdown (cracks?) issues. It's been happening to mine very recently.

Back