Build The Terminator by Hachette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, and that mouth opening with the remote also will be different to. So this has sound, movement and leds on the eyes and base, really should of done an adapter rather than batteries.

Adapter might be an option, it was with the Millennium Falcon build.

I went down to my local WH Smiths today to have a look at this. They had the first two issues on show. I had gone down with the intention of maybe starting this as I've never actually done one of these build monthly magazines. Have to say though that the parts looked very plasticy and had visible seams, so I opted against buying it. I'm sure it can be built into a decent looking statue, but it will take some work.

I went down to my local WH Smiths today to have a look at this. They had the first two issues on show. I had gone down with the intention of maybe starting this as I've never actually done one of these build monthly magazines. Have to say though that the parts looked very plasticy and had visible seams, so I opted against buying it. I'm sure it can be built into a decent looking statue, but it will take some work.

Where are the seems?

Very cool...I think with some weathering this could be a great statue.The weatherd teeth are so much better.:)

Is it complete made from metal or sprayed plastic?

My attempt at the upgrades...it's missing an access hole over each eye brow but i'm looking for a tool to assist with this small cut.

Update: new member so can't upload images.

So after 10 issues in this has really began to bug me the amount of plastic they are using, I have heard it's only going to be 20% metal component, I don't know how true this is but if it is I cannot justify £1k and over for a mainly plastic statute and I don't know how they can think of ripping people off to that extent and as such I am thinking of cutting my losses now and cancelling

Most statues you buy these days are plastic, granted you don’t have to build them but that’s part of the fun for me, so I kind of think the cost is worth it when I think of the amount of hours of fun I get building and modding out of it

Up to yet its an exact copy of Hot Toys but 1/2 scale, all markings are in the same positions just a lot sharper on the Hachette.
I have compared my HT's one, to the Hachette and it also has the same diecast and plastic parts.
Considering you will have to pay between the lowest price £700 and the highest £1400 for the 1/4 scale I think its a reasonable price and you get motion on this one. The fixed 1/2 statue sold for $2k and that was years ago.

Hot Toys and Hachette

Hot Toys close up, same makings and inner head just not as sharp

Hachette

Hachette

Last edited:
Any word on coming to the US?
Just finished R2 and I really enjoy the building process!

We are go for launch. Great news for our Australian viewers, issue 1 is scheduled for released next week over here.
I'm looking forward to this one....

Back