Buffy movie possibe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Alysson Hannigan has been on a hit show for years.
SMG has done plenty of films, some, The Grudge and the Scooby films being big hits... Boreanaz has Bones. Trachtenberg is constantly working. ASH does a lot in the UK. Dushku has an upcoming series with Joss.
With the exception of Nick, pretty much all of them are doing just fine.

I forgot about Bones. I didn't know about Hannigan probably cause I don't watch it. There hasn't been a scooby movie in years. It would only take 6 months to make a film. Maybe a year. I dunno. Still would be cool if the originals could do it. If dollhouse takes off it will be so cool. Joss does the best stuff.

I have a feeling that what would stop this ever from happening is SMG's participation. She has been working but her last hit was The Grudge back in 2004. Before that the only real commercial hit was Scooby-Doo in 2002 and you can't count the sequel which tanked. Before that you go Cruel Intentions in 1999 and the string of films right after. With the exception of the Grudge which came out a year after Buffy wrapped she hasn't been a blip on the celebrity radar. Looking at the slate of work coming out one of which is voiceover work, it doesn't look like that will change.

She is ripe for a Buffy film to jumpstart her career again. As was said before though many of the cast has moved on themselves to other things. Nick Brendon has been doing a lot of voiceover work and had a stint on Criminal Minds as well....it would be interesting to see what pricetag they'd ask for now compared to back in 2003 when SMG would have pulled a commanding salary for something like this.

personnaly, I hope they never make one.

Ha, what a suprise, that you would pop up in thread for Buffy fans, with a negative comment. I have seen you do this other times aswell...
We get the bloody message, you dont like Buffy/ Angel!!!!!!!!
Now why dont you piss off back to the Star Wars forums, or where ever you are wanted.

With that said.

I would not mind a Buffy film at all, it would be great, but yeah SMG needs to be on board, she IS Buffy, they need the origianl cast, Besides I could settle with a post-season 8 story.
Good Day!

HL2 Master

Last edited:
Shai is a Marvel fan first and foremost (Which is definitely a plus). Too bad the Hulk comic is sucking so badly right now.

Ha, what a suprise, that you would pop up in thread for Buffy fans, with a negative comment. I have seen you do this other times aswell...
We get the bloody message, you dont like Buffy/ Angel!!!!!!!!
Now why dont you piss off back to the Star Wars forums, or where ever you are wanted.

HL2...(aka Mr. Freeman):rock

i will impart some friendly advice. i've gone down the same path you are...railing against Shai. i've found that it does no good.

my advice is just ignore him.
he'll eventually get bored and lose interest.
:)

Last edited:
Im not too sure on a movie of buffy after such a long gap, it will proberbly mean a feature on a whole story on getting to know what the characters are doing in all these different countries, i personally (this is just me) would prefer a spike spin off

This thread points out a disturbing trend.

I have noticed that people are talking about a third Batman movie. Third?? Don't they mean seventh??

The Incredible Hulk was remade as the Hulk only three years after the original film and no one noticed it was a remake!

Hasbro advertises the 25th anniversary of G.I. Joe and everyone nods in agreement...even though the anniversary is the 44th!

Buffy STARTED as a film but no Buffy fan seems to know this!

What is happening to people?!

All the new Batman films are remakes kinda, so it is number 3 in that respect.

I think its safe to say we all knew that The Incredible Hulk was a remake cos it was a flop the 1st time round.

About Hasbro, well i didnt know that but im not fussed personally.

I have the original Buffy film but tbh it was poo. But at least it was made, therefore we got the series. If they make a new film we want it done with the cast from the series.

I would love love love more Buffy. I love season 8, and I would love a movie. This project has instant name recognition, and the vampire craze may may push this into the green light pile. I hope so. I doubt it, but man I want more.

Back