Buffy movie possibe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it with Australian newspapers and geek rumors? There was something about an actor for Dr. Who that had absolutely no backup.

If a script existed I think we would have heard about it. Joss isn't one for keeping modestly silent about such a thing.

What is it with Australian newspapers and geek rumors? There was something about an actor for Dr. Who that had absolutely no backup.

If a script existed I think we would have heard about it. Joss isn't one for keeping modestly silent about such a thing.

So I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt. Oh well it was a nice dream.

What a great dream though.
I would probably be in tears if they could pull it off. I'll bet alot of other people too. Something about the Buffyverse just transcends typical or even "good" TV, entertainment.
When "Buffy" and "Angel" were "on", nothing could touch them.

Rumors like that get thrown around all the time. Not just about a movie, but a Spike spinoff series, and Ripper, etc. As much as I would love more Buffy, It ain't happening. The cast and crew has moved on, and some of the cast members are looking a little old to be playing immortals, now. The future of Buffy and Angel is in comics, and that's where it's going to stay.

Hey, but if by some dream come true they do make a movie, Im camping out in front of the theater to see it! Pleeeaasee give us more Buffy.

A reboot of Buffy sounds plausible - nothing could touch the original cast though...!

I agree 100%. :lecture

However, I'm pretty happy with the way "Buffy" ended, and as much as I would love to see a movie, I'm a little reluctant to ask for one just because of how much I enjoyed the way the show ended. (A very fitting end in my opinion.)

If anything, I'd like to see an "Angel" movie, but then again, looking back, I wouldn't have changed anything about that Series Finale either because it was so unexpected (and it was typical of something only Joss could conjure up.) So with that said, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm very content with the way both series' ended. (But that doesn't mean I don't miss it. :monkey2)

Personally, I'd like to see a Buffy broadway musical. If they can do Spider-man - they can do Buffy.

I agree 100%. :lecture

However, I'm pretty happy with the way "Buffy" ended, and as much as I would love to see a movie, I'm a little reluctant to ask for one just because of how much I enjoyed the way the show ended. (A very fitting end in my opinion.)

If anything, I'd like to see an "Angel" movie, but then again, looking back, I wouldn't have changed anything about that Series Finale either because it was so unexpected (and it was typical of something only Joss could conjure up.) So with that said, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm very content with the way both series' ended. (But that doesn't mean I don't miss it. :monkey2)

perhaps they could do a buffy movie as though it had not ended. Like somewhere in the middle. We come into the movie with them well established and fighting bad guys. Nice thing about movies is that they don't have to follow rules set out by tv. I hate that buffy is ended. I think it could have gone on longer than it did. I heard somewhere about a buffy animated series but nothings come of it. If they did that they would have to do it right, not all kiddie.

You would have to deal with the fact that the actors are much older now.

OOPS! didn't think of that. What about them doing something along the line of the graphic novels? Season 8 thats been pretty interesting so far. Maybe a take off from that? Am I desperate or what? :monkey5

Y'know, I'm going to be fickle and say if it came down to it, I could suspend my personal preferences and quite gleefully accept a new crew for a big screen project, as long as they turned over all the characters and Joss was scripting. Willow I think would be the hardest to retrofit, because Alyson Hannigan did such a good job making the role hers. But the other principals I think I could handle easily. I'd like to see Kristen Bell as Buffy.

i'd like to see kristen bell as buffy

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Y'know, I'm going to be fickle and say if it came down to it, I could suspend my personal preferences and quite gleefully accept a new crew for a big screen project, as long as they turned over all the characters and Joss was scripting. Willow I think would be the hardest to retrofit, because Alyson Hannigan did such a good job making the role hers. But the other principals I think I could handle easily. I'd like to see Kristen Bell as Buffy.

I think they could get the original cast, I mean really what are they doing now? Noothing??? Their lives stopped after Buffy, at least their acting ones did. :lol They would probably drool to be on the big screen, and if the script was going in the direction of season 8- comic book then it would be ok that they are older. This is all fictional anyway cause they probably won't make the dang movie! :lol

I think they could get the original cast, I mean really what are they doing now? Noothing??? Their lives stopped after Buffy, at least their acting ones did. :lol They would probably drool to be on the big screen, and if the script was going in the direction of season 8- comic book then it would be ok that they are older. This is all fictional anyway cause they probably won't make the dang movie! :lol

Huh? Alysson Hannigan has been on a hit show for years.
SMG has done plenty of films, some, The Grudge and the Scooby films being big hits... Boreanaz has Bones. Trachtenberg is constantly working. ASH does a lot in the UK. Dushku has an upcoming series with Joss.
With the exception of Nick, pretty much all of them are doing just fine.

Last edited:
Back