Budget Stark - About 95% of all Hot Toys figures ever made on display at SB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budget Stark

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys

As some collectors have commented saying "Hot Toys are making too much Iron Man, Hot Toys should take some risks and make some new lines" I thought I would show you the entire display setup at Secret Base Hot Toys Hong Kong. They have some figures in storage except for all their Iron Man figures as all of these are on display.

There are about 95% of all the Hot Toys figures that have been made on display at Secret Base. I think Iron Man figures make up about 15- 20% of the total of figures that Hot Toys have made.

If you include the 30 odd announced figures awaiting release, about 5 are Iron Man, so that is about 15-20% again.

Is 15%- 20% too high, or about right for Hot Toys' most profitable line?

Photos taken on 2015.06.13 with audio commentary.

Thanks for watching

Hi guys

As some collectors have commented saying "Hot Toys are making too much Iron Man, Hot Toys should take some risks and make some new lines" I thought I would show you the entire display setup at Secret Base Hot Toys Hong Kong. They have some figures in storage except for all their Iron Man figures as all of these are on display.

There are about 95% of all the Hot Toys figures that have been made on display at Secret Base. I think Iron Man figures make up about 15- 20% of the total of figures that Hot Toys have made.
i.e. far too many.

Also, very disappointing that they don't seem to have any of the military figures on display. I was hoping for a glimpse of the old RCMP tactical officer.

Hi guys

If you include the 30 odd announced figures awaiting release, about 5 are Iron Man, so that is about 15-20% again.

Is 15%- 20% too high, or about right for Hot Toys' most profitable line?

Photos taken on 2015.06.13 with audio commentary.

Thanks for watching

Far too few for their best seller.

Crank that up to ~50% and they can start off doing Pepper, Justin Hammer & the Hammer Drones. ;)

I agree, they are making way too many iron man pieces, and not really spreading out their gaze, almost like going out for food and ordering what you know best, that is HT/SST for you. Which is why I made sure I required the PF LOTR lineup, and hopefully the city hunter. I can understand them doing the AOU lineup etc, but seems they creating what is popular to the fans. Star wars is also another safe bet for HT/SST

Even with marvel, they never make every character, there was a few marvel HT villains I wish they did release, oh well

Was watching this with mjhy 4 year old and he asks, "Where's Iron Man????" So I put on your other video showing that dislplay haha

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I agree, they are making way too many iron man pieces, and not really spreading out their gaze, almost like going out for food and ordering what you know best, that is HT/SST for you. Which is why I made sure I required the PF LOTR lineup, and hopefully the city hunter. I can understand them doing the AOU lineup etc, but seems they creating what is popular to the fans. Star wars is also another safe bet for HT/SST

Even with marvel, they never make every character, there was a few marvel HT villains I wish they did release, oh well
who do you agree with? The point of this was to show they don't make to many iron men figures. There is a variety. Hundreds of non iron man figures.

As for going deep into a character line....that's all about sales. Sorry but most second and third and lower tier characters just don't generate sales. After the headline character usually sales drop off massively. And when the title character often has mid level or less sales and low margins there's no chance they make more.

I think the amount of Iron Man figures is fair being that they sell as well as they do. Some people may not like that but facts are facts and if that's what sells that's what Hot Toys are going to produce. I'm not a huge collector of Iron Man either and only have the Mark XLII, Iron Patriot, and Tony Stark (The Mechanic). I thought the video was cool overall, would love to see Secret Base in person.

Awesome video!! Brings back memories of when I used to purchase every single figure that came out before narrowing down to a few lines only. Some people will still complain about Iron Man regardless how many other lines/figures are released, but nothing we can do, it's just a love/hate thing. :rotfl

Great video, I'd love to go to Secret Base at some point.

Me too. Watching this video reminded me of my very first Hot Toys figure; The Director (George Lucas). May have to break it out of the closet for my eventual Star Wars display case.

Wow... That's some really old figure .. Hot toys came a long way. Would never expected it to grow to its current size and quality..

I'm surprised that Ironman only takes up such a small %. I thought it will be more. Esp from Ironman 3.

who do you agree with? The point of this was to show they don't make to many iron men figures. There is a variety. Hundreds of non iron man figures.

As for going deep into a character line....that's all about sales. Sorry but most second and third and lower tier characters just don't generate sales. After the headline character usually sales drop off massively. And when the title character often has mid level or less sales and low margins there's no chance they make more.

with budget stark when he said (Hot Toys are making too much Iron Man, Hot Toys should take some risks and make some new lines)

Back