Budget Stark - 1/4 scale Hulkbuster by Comicave Studios, slow-mo mechanism

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a new collector, I find Motux's posts extremely informative and helpful. If it wasn't for his blunt honesty, I would've made an ill informed decision and possibly wasted money on this. Thankful he said something. I don't find him negative at all. His honesty is very refreshing.

I agree his posts are informative, I never stated otherwise. I've just read his sentiment a ton of times already in multiple threads attempting to sway opinion of those who simply aren't going to be swayed, and it detracts from the actual product discussion.

It pains me to say it but I'm leaning on catwoman's side, as it'd be nice to discuss what has been shown at the event instead of pages and pages of ripping a company. Motux buddy, you've made your opinion of Comicave/Pi/etc very clear in multiple threads to the point of beating a dead horse.

Yes I have. But only becuase I see the same "this is new" and a "new era" and "this will cost 800 dollars" and so on. I've reaponded only to direct statements. If it's ok to comment about how great this company is then why is it I am not able to comment on how it's not? I was not saying anything about how this 1/4 figure is. But the company. If you want to talk about how great the prototype is, that's one thing. But that's not what I commented on. I commented on the misconception that this is some new company. That this will be cheaper then a 1/6 hot toys.

Explain to me how any of that is negative? Or twisted. Or something someone hearing about how great CMC is and how cheap it will be wouldn't like to hear? CMC intnetially used their studio name on this to fool consumers into thinking it wasn't the same people making 43 prototypes last year and releasing one figure that had non working electronics on over half the reported purchases. They lost the 1/6 licenses becuase of poor product management. PI is getting horrid reviews.

So they come out and use the name of their design subcontractor so it looks like it's not the same old crap. It would be like hot toys coming out with a Movie Masterpiece toys and puttingn out a proto of robocop and hoping people don't connect that it's just hot toys with mms spelled out instead of initials. How would you be ok with people coming on here in 4 or 5 threads talking about how this new MMS company will be he future and cost 25 dollars for a 1/6 robocop or iron man and do it better then hot toys rubber items. That would be the same thing.

So yes I posted this sentiment in multiple threads. But so did catpenpal. And other people taking about how cool this new company is. From you to budget stark. All people that other forum members listen to. So if everyone is talking about how cool it is, and how great this company is...then yes, I feel I should let people know about the misconseption that this a new company. That this will be released for 800-900. That they will release a 1/6 HB for less then hot toys. When they have released 1/6 and 1/4 figures of iron man at the same time as hot toys and have never been cheaper in ten years. Never had better QC.

I said nothing about how cool this prototype is. It is amazing. Stunning. But that's not what I addressed. Or what the comments I responded to talked about. They talked about the Company. And that company has a long established history. One that they are trying to hide by the use of CMC up front. A trick I think people shouldn't fall for. And other collectors shouldn't perpetuate.

^ Dead horse dude.

I can respond to each and every point you posted but it will only further derail the thread, and typing an essay isn't fun.

I don't know why you're trying to bait me into arguing with you, it hasn't gone well for you in the past. Let it go dude.

Hasn't gone well for me? LOL really? You make it sound like there where some real consequence or that something actually happened. Give me a break with that.

As for baiting...which one is baitingn the other? Which one called out the other by name in response to a comment not directed toward him in anyway? Which one used the others name? I responded (key word) to a comment you directed at me by name. And you responded by saying its to much info to responded to.

I was not trying to start a fight. But to called me out by name directly. If you did not want to discuss something with me then maybe that was the wrong way to go.

If you post something in a thread talking to someone else and I then responded by saying Yankee is wrong and and needs to stop talking...you not going to say something? And would you then after you responded I said well i COULD reply but I can't be bother...which one of us would you call baiting on?

Let's not get any further into this please. If you want to have a conversation of this sort, take it to PM. And Motux, I think you make an important point about the apparent Play Imaginative connection, and hopefully boardies will pay attention--buyer beware here. But unless there is something new to add to your argument it might be best to move on.

While I doubt it has any real articulation, it would still be about 33 inches tall. Not to mention all of the mechanical underpinnings. If it ever gets made, it'll make for one hell of a display piece.

Maybe Play imaginative got bought out by this company to setup competition with Hot toys. I've got their new 52 superman and I love the feel and weight of it. I got it at 250.00, which at that price i think really makes it worth it. I doubt I can afford this though.

Which of the armors did they actually release?

Last edited:
I actually was not THAT impressed with this. The reason is that I have seen mechanisms and animatronics made by fans and customisers which are superior than this HB. They were more sturdy, had a smooth operation and appeared substantially more solid.

I would agree with Motux about this company's QC, that is why I stated the link to PI in the video. When I stated the word "New" it was new in the sense that very few collectors had even heard about the company where they suddenly made a huge appearance in an important event.

I dont think this will be made as a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster as I feel a collectible in the range of USD $1500 to USD $2000 (and upwards possibly) wont generate the number of sales needed to set the wheels in motion for production.

I actually was not THAT impressed with this. The reason is that I have seen mechanisms and animatronics made by fans and customisers which are superior than this HB. They were more sturdy, had a smooth operation and appeared substantially more solid.

I would agree with Motux about this company's QC, that is why I stated the link to PI in the video. When I stated the word "New" it was new in the sense that very few collectors had even heard about the company where they suddenly made a huge appearance in an important event.

I dont think this will be made as a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster as I feel a collectible in the range of USD $1500 to USD $2000 (and upwards possibly) wont generate the number of sales needed to set the wheels in motion for production.

Thanks for clearing that up Budget Stark. I was pointing out the link more loudly (obnoxious as some would say) becuase of the ploy they are trying to pull off, that has some folks buying in. They are not linked to PI, they are PI. Every super alloy iron man figure PI made was produced by CMC a from day one. They just stayed behind the scenes till now. And only now use the real name in an attempt to conceal they are in fact PI.

It actually really peeved me off. Big time. It's a Richard move. It's a way to get around requiring the licenses after starting over as a company, while still hiding your bad history. It's shady. So I am more passionate about this issue then anything on this board. I know I've come off strong but it's how I feel. This is something that has real world ramifications for people. Someone falls for this name change, figures they will pass on Hot toys or sideshow products to wait for this new CMC a figure, which either won't come or will be more expensive or not work, and they are sol. I don't think that's fair. Or right.

Anyways...

I think the prototype is great. I've sen and built on many animatronics over the years. This one is not perfect. But it's really not bad given what it does. A smooth setup to do that reveal and do it right can run tens of thousands ofcdollars. For a one off proto I think what they used is fine. And would be much closer to what would be released commercially if anything ever was. But o don't think his will be. A 1/6 with less electronics and no animatronics is 800. This thing could easily top the 4000 dollar mark with shipping. It's four foot tall. Their 1/4 scale Iron patriot is nearly 600. With no animatronics. It's like 19 inches tall. Around a foot and a half. Or, 65% shorter ifcyou like. Not to mention width. It has a 1/4 scale 43 inside it. Lol

But I do like it. Not the company. But the product. And I love the paint. At least from the vids. No really good up close shots. But from what I can see, it's a great job.

People are still debating on how to display the 6th scale HT HB and complaining about the price, I couldn't imagine the price of this thing and where would you put it, in the garage?! I'll stick to the 6th scale and rely on the quality of HT. Let the waiting continue...

Gotta say as a newer collector I love reading this kind of feedback. It was possible I'd be swayed by the amount of red carpet press this got. Not knowing different companies histories I would've never even thought to ask such things. Ordering something and waiting almost a year or more is def something I'm still getting used to. The proto is quite stunning and I'd love to have a figure of that quality but seeing the facts makes me very cautious.

Hulkbuster in 1/4 is just too large for me lol. There's no chance I would buy one that large no matter who it was made by.

Back