Buck Rogers (Gerard) & Wilma Deering (Gray) - Any Interest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the outfits work and can be had relatively easily I'd be interested in Buck and Wilma headsculpts but probably nothing else, except maybe a Twiki although I never liked the character but seems somehow necessary. There's a digital sculptor, milosp, showing some fantastic TV characters using a print-to-order model. I'd like to see what he could do with Buck and Wilma.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116968

I would have to see castings first, but so far not impressed. Digital sculpts tend to look good because they can be polished and lite better than pictures of traditional sculpts. Most of the 3-D print outs offered here have been easy passes for me. The prints never look as good as the digital images and they usually run $15 - $25 more than castings offered by traditional sculptors.

If the outfits work and can be had relatively easily I'd be interested in Buck and Wilma headsculpts but probably nothing else, except maybe a Twiki although I never liked the character but seems somehow necessary. There's a digital sculptor, milosp, showing some fantastic TV characters using a print-to-order model. I'd like to see what he could do with Buck and Wilma.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116968
I've ssen his stuff. Sheldon painted up looks decent but he sayd he can't make the heads neckless or with a dragon styly neck. That, for me is a deterrent. I want a head I can put on a figure without having to a lot of extra work to. Like yruh8n said, these 3D prints usually cost more to begin with. the least they could do is make them "ready to use".
Glad to see I'm not the only one out there interested in putting a few of these together!

Ironman, is your Wilma uniform custom made, or is it cobbled together from other sources? And what sort of body are you using for her? And (while I'm asking questions) where did the accessories come from?

And nexus, I think those sculpts are more in the 1/4 scale (if my memory serves from the Sheldon Cooper thread.)

- MJ
MJ, that Wilma uniform is a custom made version on a Dragon female body. The tailor who made it also made the gold wings(not attached yet) and the EDD armband. The belt and holster she's wearing right now are from Mego's 12" Buck. The belt is tightened as far as possible and it is still way too loose. I am working on another belt for all of them as well as the armband/accessory for their left arm.

Fairly certain that Mad did not. in fact, I just skimmed through the contents of every issue from 1979 through 1982 and they never mentioned it. Although they DID go after Battlestar Galactica.

I tried PMing you, but it said your inbox is full. Could you let me know how much your tailor charged for that custom outfit and whether or not they would be willing to make another?

Lemme know if you want a PDF of the Battlestar Galactica issue!

- MJ

I didn't think MAD did, thanks for verifying it though. I know stuff like POTA the TV series MAD didn't but CRACKED did.
I have the BSG version, thank you.
I will check with my tailor and let you know. I haven't heard anything in a week or so. I'm hoping all is ok, but I realize everyone has a 1:1 life too.
Always best to email me if need be. (just click on my name and choose email). The PM restrictions here are to nuts to keep up with so I've kind of stopped bothering. Sorry.

I thought I would resurrect this thread. I have interest in the Buck and Wilma Heads. Hopefully there will be enough renewed interest to get a sculptors attention.

Still interested. My work on them kind of stalled but I recently began working on them again.

Attachments

• My Custom Buck Rogers 23.jpg
    My Custom Buck Rogers 23.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 125
  • My Custom Buck Rogers 10.jpg
    My Custom Buck Rogers 10.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 126
  • My Custom Buck Rogers 18.jpg
    My Custom Buck Rogers 18.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 127
  • My Custom Buck Rogers Vorvon 08.jpg
    My Custom Buck Rogers Vorvon 08.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 127
  • My Custom Buck Rogers 22.jpg
    My Custom Buck Rogers 22.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 133
I am moving forward on commissioning the Buck Head. Does anyone have any picture resources for the flight suit chest insignia/emblem?

Just wanted to let everyone know it looks promising on getting the heads done. looks like Buck, Hawk and Wilma are in the works.

I love these. The head looks great for Buck and those outfits are sound! Any idea on price of final figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am working with he sculptor to produce all 3 heads. Once this is finalized and the work begins then I will start a new thread to work on contacting someone to produce screen outfits. This is been a long road to getting the project off the ground. I do not want to jump the gun until the sculpts are started. As you know this could take some time based upon the artist schedule. But I do have a firm commitment the heads will be made. Updates will be posted both on this old thread and a new thread once the project moves forward. If you want to get Buck's flight suit then their is a 12" Mego figure that has a pretty nice suit with belt and gun.

The outfits in this thread were made by a member.

Back