Buck Rogers 1/6 GoHero Up for Pre Order NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks pretty amazing. All that die-cast and a wooden box, plus the MP3 thing (a little strange, but cool) makes the price a little easier to swallow.

It's actually got 1GB of memory. I was thinking it would be just enough for a few lines or something, but you could put quite a bit of stuff on there. I'm not sure how it will work in reality, but it's an intriguing idea, and they're going to be selling just the bodies as well.

I do kind of think that 1,000 is too big an ES for something like this.

Good question. There is no detail about pre-orders on the site. My guess is upfront to help with the production costs.

I don't hope so! If someone starts up a business like this, he better have enough dough to start it up himself. What are banks for? :D
If what you say is true, you realize that we loose all our money, should he fail...

Nice, but waiting on their Perseus.

Thats what Im doing!!
Not keen on Buck Rogers, but will get this and the Sinbad figure as soon as they go up for pre-order.

I would like to see the Buck Rogers sell out so it gives Go Hero the confidence and opportunity to make more figures.

It's actually got 1GB of memory. I was thinking it would be just enough for a few lines or something, but you could put quite a bit of stuff on there. I'm not sure how it will work in reality, but it's an intriguing idea, and they're going to be selling just the bodies as well.

I do kind of think that 1,000 is too big an ES for something like this.

This isn't a statue. ES shouldn't matter. The innovations alone make this worth 175.00 I just don't really want to tie the money up before it's produced.

This isn't a statue. ES shouldn't matter. The innovations alone make this worth 175.00 I just don't really want to tie the money up before it's produced.

Why doesn't it matter? Look at Nom de Plume for example. I seriously don't think people would be as excited about that figure if the ES had been 1,000 instead of 50. ES can certainly affect resale value. And if you overestimate demand for a figure by a big enough amount, you may be forced to clearance them out after a while. I'm not saying that'll happen in this case, but it's not as it's totally irrelevant.

Why doesn't it matter? Look at Nom de Plume for example. I seriously don't think people would be as excited about that figure if the ES had been 1,000 instead of 50. ES can certainly affect resale value. And if you overestimate demand for a figure by a big enough amount, you may be forced to clearance them out after a while. I'm not saying that'll happen in this case, but it's not as it's totally irrelevant.

That's because as a figure Nom de Plume sucks and isn't worth 150.00 That's a 50.00 figure at most. People are only dying for it because of the rarity. I think most people want this because of the workmanship and the bang for the buck. I don't care how many he makes. Don't need to resell it. I would put Buck on another figure and use the mp3 body for a different figure first.

People are only dying for it because of the rarity. I think most people want this because of the workmanship and the bang for the buck. I don't care how many he makes.

Good pun :lol

I think its a great looking figure and if they deliver close to prototype it will be well worth the $175 IMO. I'd be fine paying up front, problem is I just dropped the remainder of this months toy budget and will have to wait until I get paid on Friday to order.

Just got the word from Steve Forbes that CC's will NOT be charged until this item is a couple days from shipping. They will come to us directly from China and the free gift for preorders is something you are definitely going to want so get those orders in if you've been on the fence!

Thanks for the good news! There's something I'm still not clear about though: will the figure come in a wooden box, or is that the box the 1:1 ray gun will ship in?

He's going to announce it on his website today or tomorrow. I got the impression he didn't want me to say but he's the kind of guy that if you called him he'd tell you. It's intrinsic to this figure and when it is offered sperately later for non pre orders you'll wish you had gotten it for free.

No, the figure comes with a wooden box as well...

Buck Rogers is equipped to defend the Earth with:

* Removable Flight Helmet w/ Die-Cast Features
* Die-Cast Atomic Disintegrator w/ Translucent Chamber
* Jet Pack w/ Electronic LEDs Clear Flame Attachements
* Hand Crafted Wooden Box w/ Laser Etched Design
* Tailored Cloth Outfit w/ Jodhpurs, Knit Shirt, & Belt
* Gauntlet Glove Hands & Pair of Hands
* Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
* Die-cast Visor (Fits in 2 Positions)
* Space Helmet w/ Clear Bubble
* Vest w/ Die-cast Emblem
* Go Hero's ATOM-EDIA Body*
* Boots & Socks
* Gun Holster w Strap

And just noticed this was posted on their site as well... looks like the body will be sold separately with and will have the MP3 device :rock

Atom_media_1.jpg

Back