Buck or PRO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sideshow body do you prefer?

• Art S. Buck

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 50 73.5%

• Total voters
I think Sideshow needs to start offering LEG EXTENDERS to those collectors who want to keep height issues relative within the line.

Include a set with the extra hands in the box -- starting with LANDO!

....and we want longer pants, just in case. Not just longer socks, by golly, by gosh, by gum.

at least can we have longer socks fer ^^^^sake. Ermm, for the good lords sake? Glory be.

I don't know if leg extenders will help with the Pro. The legs on the Pro actually are the largest part of the body. I think the Pro looks like a daddy longlegs, the torso and arms look short on the body.

I want them to just redesign the limbs (as they did with the short body after Jedi Luke came out monkey-armed).

Limbs seem fine based on the comparison pictures. What looks necessary is a slight widening of the torso and a lengthening of the torso and then it'll be just right.

It may not be anything to worry about. Piett and the Harbinger may have been on the Pro because they ran out of white Bucks, but the black Buck is still in stock so it's possible they'll be inclined to make use of them.

i voted buck but if the pro gets better, it's still the better body. it looks much more natural

the pro body is a little on the short side and in my case the joints were a bit loose. All of my Star Wars bucks have had nice tight joints, and with a little effort I can get them into natural looking poses. So I voted for the buck body.

I voted Pro. It does give more fluid poses which I like and looks better in the outfits as a whole. That being said I never hated the buck like some.

I was mostly okay with the buck as long as it was well covered. But I did seem to have more and more QC (loose limbs, messed up articulation points, etc.) issues over the last couple of years than previously that could be very annoying.

Unless there's going to be a choice of body sizes in the Pro figures as there has been for the Bucks, I'm quite disappointed to see this. Thanks to KingDarkness and Cocoboloboy for the comparison pics.

I think if Sideshow improves the hips and lengthens the torso and removes the third joint on the torso, the Pro would be perfect.

After examining the Pro, I think it is better than the Buck by a small margin. However, there are so many problems with it, I don't think it deserves its current price premium. Sideshow has had the financial enjoyment of reusing the Buck for over a decade. They started using the Buck in the 1990's. Now, ten years later, they release an average quality successor for a $20 premium. This is the main reason I've been passing on most of the figures lately. They increased the price because they think they have this superior body, which is simply not the case.

Okay if that is the case, 8-9 years.

But this brings up an interesting observation. Do you guys notice how basically all the Bucks have really tight torso joints and ratchet-like elbow and knee joints? Well, when I received the T-1000 and T-800 figs, I was surprised how much range of motion the torsos had and how smooth the limbs were in their range of motion. These Bucks can be distinguished visually with their ultra shiny plastic. Surprisingly, the spring inside isn't overly wound like it is in all the other Bucks and the limb movement feels smooth like a Truetype. If you take a look, the T-1000 Buck has a copyright date of 2000. Perhaps, the original Buck wasn't so bad. But for whatever reason, Sideshow decided to tighten up the spring and ratchet the limb joints. :confused: Check it out and see for yourself.

I don't get the instant hate for the Pro. I've yet to get a figure on it that has been bad in any way. Its an improvement over the buck due to the range of motion it offers. I think right now its more of a tweak thats need to insure less loose pro's out there.

Back