Buck or PRO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sideshow body do you prefer?

• Art S. Buck

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 50 73.5%

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have all pretty much heard the reviews of the PRO. Though it started off rough with a loose debut on Indiana Jones, Snakeyes and Belloq seem to have adequately tight bodies...

But there are still people who prefer the Buck...

Which do you prefer and why?

Who the hell would still prefer the buck unless all you collect is dead? I'd take a loose PRO anyday over that other garbage body.

I'm going to say neither at this point. The buck is perfect for the Dead and should have stayed that way. The Harbinger was $20-$25 too much because of it and his lack of accessories (the first to not have a paper accessory and certainly there are many religious papers he could have come with).

And Belloq and Indy aren't really the best candiates to fully test out the body. I'm waiting to have Snake Eyes in hand for that.

Definitely prefer the Pro... its a good body, as long as the QC is kept up it'll be great.

But, you could keep the Buck for Dead figures... its nice that the Harbinger is more poseable, but not as necessary.

Surely this is not even a contest. The Pro is a superior body in almost every way. It just needs the kinks (like the loose joints) worked out. It still doesn't beet out the true type, but it's light years ahead of the Buck.

The reason why I started this poll was the Lando thread... I was just considering whether or not I really wanted Lando to be out of scale and have such a different look from the rest of the SW figs...

I wish someone would post some definitive pics of the height difference between the two bodies because that really is my biggest issue. The PRO just looks so short and out of proportion with a sculpt on top.

The reason why I started this poll was the Lando thread... I was just considering whether or not I really wanted Lando to be out of scale and have such a different look from the rest of the SW figs...

I wish someone would post some definitive pics of the height difference between the two bodies because that really is my biggest issue. The PRO just looks so short and out of proportion with a sculpt on top.

I agree. The height difference is a major problem, especially with one so well established like SW. I don't know how Sideshow blew that in devloping the Pro.

The Prometheus is much better. I just received the Harbinger and his joints are much tighter and he's easier to pose than the Indy body.

Any possibility of seeing a side by side with the dead Priest and a male buck figure (not Luke)?

I agree. The height difference is a major problem, especially with one so well established like SW. I don't know how Sideshow blew that in devloping the Pro.

My Indy's eyeline comes up to about chin/mouth level on ANH Han Solo.

The Pro is clearly shorter than the regular Buck, about the height of the "short" Buck (Indy is as tall as ANH Luke).

The Pro works well with old Dragon figures in height. The Buck works well along side HT TT bodies.

HT Jack Sparrow towers over SS Indy (but Jack is in a problematic class all by himself).

Any possibility of seeing a side by side with the dead Priest and a male buck figure (not Luke)?

Indy and ANH Luke are the same height.

See to me thats the issue. Within the same line, I really don't want Lando being a short guy.

I voted Art S. Buck because I don't feel the Prometheus deserves the current premium price Sideshow charges for it. If I'm going to switch the figure to a Hot Toys body (already $30+ and hard to come by), I would rather pay less in doing so by starting with the Buck.

To me the Buck is the lesser of the two evils so I chose it. So far there is very little I like about the Pro. The swivel hip joints don't work well. Neither do the ankle joints, they're awful. The forearms constantly come completely off and then there's the height issue and loose joints.

For Star Wars? The Buck, no question.

If I wanted Medicom figures, I would have bought them. I have 10 OT and 14 PT figures on the Buck. Thanks, but I'm over it. The Prometheus has managed to incorporate pretty much everything I hate about the other leading 1:6 manufacturers into one body.

My condolences to those of you who get apopleptic at the mention of Art S. As of right now, Star Wars does not belong on the Pro.

For Star Wars? The Buck, no question.

If I wanted Medicom figures, I would have bought them. I have 10 OT and 14 PT figures on the Buck. Thanks, but I'm over it. The Prometheus has managed to incorporate pretty much everything I hate about the other leading 1:6 manufacturers into one body.

My condolences to those of you who get apopleptic at the mention of Art S. As of right now, Star Wars does not belong on the Pro.

Pretty much how I feel.

Back