Brown Shipping Boxes from HT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious why HT likes to use those brown shipping boxes when shipping their figures. These are supposed to be collectibles and if I'm paying $150-200+ for a figure, I'd at least like the figure box to be pristine. I got a few figures where the brown shipping box did not do enough to protect the figure box and the figure box came in all bent up/dinged/etc.

Don't get why doesn't HT just ship the figures out w/ a little bubble wrap/packing peanuts??

:gah:

First:

The HT Brown Boxes are'nt SHIPPING BOXES

Second:

When I order a HT figure, the seller ALWAYS uses another bigger box (shipping box),and bubble wrap/ penauts, paper or whatever....not just the Ht brown box cause it is'nt a Shipping box :lecture

EDIT:
A wise advice: Change seller :lol

Last edited:
I believe the outer brown box wasn't intended for shipping but it is to protect the box. The reason for the name on the outer box is to be able to identify what's inside for shipping. It is like part of the packaging.
I don't get why SS doesn't put it in another box without charging more. The shipping charges through them is already the most I pay compared to other retailers...and they aren't that far from me.

I believe the outer brown box wasn't intended for shipping but it is to protect the box. The reason for the name on the outer box is to be able to identify what's inside for shipping. It is like part of the packaging.
I don't get why SS doesn't put it in another box without charging more. The shipping charges through them is already the most I pay compared to other retailers...and they aren't that far from me.

I don't get why SS doesn't put it into a bigger box as well, their prices seem more than other spots and shipping charges do seem higher as well. I don't think it would hurt them to include a larger box w/ bubble wrap.

I used SS because they seemed to be the only place I can get the War Machine special version but it's already listed at a high price and I really didn't want to add more to get a larger box, but perhaps I should have. Do other online retailers allow cancelling figures the way SS does?

The art boxing is made to hold and protect the contents. All is done.

Perhaps the brown boxes wasn't intended to be used as a shipping box but a lot of people treat it that way because it is convenient.

Is that Kate Winslet in the sig?

So, just out of curiosity.... Which [big/authorized] sellers use another box over top of the brown HT shipper? (And is it true that Sideshow does it if you ask? If so, what does "asking" entail?)

So, just out of curiosity.... Which [big/authorized] sellers use another box over top of the brown HT shipper? (And is it true that Sideshow does it if you ask? If so, what does "asking" entail?)

1: just about all of them pack the figure boxes in larger boxes with packing material
2: request a pack-out by phone or email. Costs extra.

Cornerstorecomics.com will pack the brown shipper box in another box at no charge and sideshow will do it if you call and ask however it will cost you and additional ten dollars for them to do what they call the Packout for you

Cornerstorecomics.com will pack the brown shipper box in another box at no charge and sideshow will do it if you call and ask however it will cost you and additional ten dollars for them to do what they call the Packout for you

If you're outside the US it'll cost a lot more than that 'cause it travels by Fedex. Bruce Lee DX cost $37 to ship to Oz, but with a pack-out it was over 80 bucks.

That's silly that SSC would charge $10 for a packout while other stores do not. I think I'll have to look into other stores from now on.

The only time SSC sent a larger box was when I ordered 2 of the same figure!

Sideshow shippers are thicker then the ones other retailers get. Sideshow requested them so the can be used as shippers. I received two Supermen, one from Sideshow (exclusive) and one from Alter Ego (Regular). The sideshow shipper was thicker and sturdier. The one from Alter Ego would have never survived being shipped by itself.
This has been discussed many time, on other threads.

Sideshow shippers are thicker then the ones other retailers get. Sideshow requested them so the can be used as shippers. I received two Supermen, one from Sideshow (exclusive) and one from Alter Ego (Regular). The sideshow shipper was thicker and sturdier. The one from Alter Ego would have never survived being shipped by itself.
This has been discussed many time, on other threads.

Very interesting observation. I didn't know that SSC gets thicker brown boxes. I will have to examine this myself!

Very interesting observation. I didn't know that SSC gets thicker brown boxes. I will have to examine this myself!

I never noticed it till I received my second Superman from Sideshow. I opened both to examine them to make sure there were no issues. That's when I notice the difference. The one from Alter Ego is very flimsy and made as a separator more then a shipper.
But as Alter Ego ships these in a second well padded box, I prefer ordering from them. But have to order from Sideshow for exclusives.

Back