Brown Shipping Boxes from HT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW177

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious why HT likes to use those brown shipping boxes when shipping their figures. These are supposed to be collectibles and if I'm paying $150-200+ for a figure, I'd at least like the figure box to be pristine. I got a few figures where the brown shipping box did not do enough to protect the figure box and the figure box came in all bent up/dinged/etc.

Don't get why doesn't HT just ship the figures out w/ a little bubble wrap/packing peanuts??

:gah:

A little more protection would be appreciated... for awhile Sideshow used styrofoam top and bottm pieces that protected the corners of the boxes and added about an 1" or so around the box. I had no damaged packages during that time.

Luckily I'm not super concerned with package condition, but still nice when you get a pristine box versus one with dents, creases or a gougel.

If you order from Sideshow, I believe you can request them ship it inside a larger box.

Maybe HT wants to allow collectors to keep their privacy...Some adults are embarrassed about buying dollies

Not true since the outside of the box says '12" Collectible Figure" or something.

Just saying a little more protection wouldn't hurt! It's like buying an expensive meal at a restaurant and it coming on a bit dirty plate.

While more secure packaging wouldnt hurt, i think it's more an issue with the delivery guys treating your parcel like crap that is the issue.

While more secure packaging wouldnt hurt, i think it's more an issue with the delivery guys treating your parcel like crap that is the issue.

Yes but we all know the delivery guys all treat packages like crap, that's why HT should ship their packages a little better. They take all that time to make the figure and box to look awesome only to ship in boxes that are barely protective.

i recently order 2 appleseed figures for nearly 670$ including shipping and had asked the seller to box it properly and bubblewrap , the works, inspite of all that it arrived to to me really crushed and banged in, thers nothing u can do when postal people treat ur stuff like ____, now i have to keep hunting for mint box appleseed fig again

I believe it's $10 more for Hot Toys. I usually don't order from Sideshow unless it's an EX version I want.

That is why DX come in custom foam, and the boxes are tough as nails...

I'm getting close to 50-60 Hot toys, one or two were dented.

If you order from sideshow you can sometimes get replacement boxes if yours arrives damaged...

Bottom line is just get shipping insurance if you can... most of the time it's idiots like in this video, that wreck your package....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUZVW95tcs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUZVW95tcs[/ame]

I wish Sideshow would package them better, other retailers do.

The fact that it says what the contents are right on the brown shipper doesn't help either. Makes me paranoid about disgruntled delivery men/women like that video.

I wish Sideshow would package them better, other retailers do.

The fact that it says what the contents are right on the brown shipper doesn't help either. Makes me paranoid about disgruntled delivery men/women like that video.

Agreed, why does it have to say what's inside?? I never understood that!

Back