Brothers Production quality questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am very interested in these figures and have read both good and bad on the bodies..can you give me some input? I am not a customizer and will display these as they come. I don't want to have a floppy mess of a body like some of the older body sculpts from other companies. I'm not expecting Hot Toys quality but is it comparable to Sideshow?

Thanks for any input!

Steel

Typically, the bodies used by Brother Production are crap, both in terms of plastic quality and articulation. They're slightly less quality than Dragon's old ones.

I don't play with or pose these but do require that they hold poses and stay in position without plastic rot. I don;t have experience with Dragon but know SS, Hot Toys and BBI. Will Brother Thief be able to stay together and tight without becoming a floppy mess on display in your opinion?

Thanks you again very much!

bodies used to be absolute garbage, they have improved as of late though in terms of sculpt, paint, and body choice. I would still always swap out to a truetype though.

It's very difficult to reply to your question as the bodies have changed over time, and sometimes between release and re-release of a same character.

I disagree with people saying they are garbage. They just reflect the average body that was the cheapest and functional at the time. So yeah, they are subpar, but only if you compare them to today's options.

Now, they tend to use knock off TTs, but of course, a knock off isn't always without issues. To be fair, I own several and have never replaced a body, but then I like my figs in their original condition and I'm not too picky. So unless you're a die hard fan of HT and think that whatever isn't brande HT is pure crap, you should be just fine.

The only thing that was bad, particularly with the earlier releases were the bendy hands, the rest varied from meh to quite good.

My Collateral Vincent can't stand on it's own 99% of the times - also the hands keep falling off if touched. But the clothes fabric and the headsculpt are top-notch, so go for them and just swap the body - you will love them!

I got a Brothers Production Deckard Blade Runner last year and the bicep joint broke extremely easily right out of the box. The joint was stuck, so I undressed him so I could get a firm but gentle handle on the joint as I turned it. It didn't even take much force at all, but it simply twisted off as I turned the joint. It wasn't a TT knock-off. I'm not familiar with Dragon bodies so I don't know what kind of body it was. I always planned on changing the body on it since I too had heard that the Brothers bodies were crap, so I already had a real TT waiting to be used.

Just my 2¢.

Back