Brother Production: BLADE HUNTER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, thanks to a really great friend coming back from a trip to China, I'm getting my hands on one of these this week...UPS says Wednedsday. I'll try to post pics and a review when I get it...

^ That'd be much appreciated. I'm looking forward to this release, but I'm not familiar with Brother Production's previous track record, so I haven't taken the leap yet.

Took a few quick pictures today, sorry for the crappy quality.

First up, what he looks like out/in the box:
box01.jpg

box02.jpg

And here's a few quick "dynamic" pictures:
DeckRoy.jpg

deck01.jpg

deck02.jpg

Holster:
holster02.jpg

holster01.jpg

Accessories:
access01.jpg

The suit parted out:
access02.jpg

access03.jpg

And the obligatory nude, not sure what the body is:
nude.jpg

Heads:
access04.jpg

To sum up: glad I got it, but even more glad I've ordered a decent body & a custom headsculpt off Spenser. Honestly, I've never known a body so loose, it was a hassle trying to get him even to stand up for the pictures!

That looks pretty damn good... do you own the Android Hunter by any chance? Looks like some pieces might be the same, but others are definitely improved.

I don't I'm afraid dude or I would of done some comparisons.

Just realised how weird those hips are on the body now that I look at it.

Thanks for the photos! The final figure looks exactly like the promo shots from Brother Production, which is good.

The body looks terrible and antiquated though. Maybe the heads might look better with a repaint? I can barely see a Ford likeness in the sculpts as is.

How do the clothes stack up to previous 1/6 blade runner releases (if you're able to compare)?

From what I've seen of the Android Hunter figure, the clothes seem to be more or less the same to be honest. They fit pretty well, my only gripe is that his waistcoat looks too big when it's opened.

Awesome pics! And it saves me the trouble...

I dunno, the headsculpt looks pretty good to me, though not perfect, obviously. Actually I'm thinking, depending on how I feel once I get him, that I'll take the hatless Indy Sideshow head and use that for him after a resculpt of the hair and some paint...

I think that is the same crap body that came with the Nicholson Joker figures... I'd say an upgrade to a slim TrueType would do a lot of good.

I think that is the same crap body that came with the Nicholson Joker figures... I'd say an upgrade to a slim TrueType would do a lot of good.

I'm gonna put him on a Dragon body so the hands will still fit right. And also, Spence's head fits on a dragon body as well so fingers crossed, by next week it will be on a new body with a decent head.

I'll post pics once it happens anyway so you guys can see the difference.

Why a slim TT? Wouldn't that be too short and thin for this character? I'd say a regular TT or narrow shoulder would work great, which is what I will be using.

Thanks for the pics, Material! Unfortunately, I'm not too blown away by the headsculpt/paint, which was the make or break issue for me. Probably hold off unless I can find one really cheap down the road (I know it supposedly has a very low production run, but I'm not sure if I buy that).

As far as I can tell from the photos, the brother production figure pretty much makes the android hunter figure obsolete.

I'm still on the fence though. $120 isn't a bad price for this guy, but he'll need some work, which will boost the cost.

I think it looks pretty good, likeness isn't too bad. Clothing and accessories look pretty good. I want one...

Thinking I may go for one as well... I've enjoyed the Adroid Hunter, but the upgrades I could do to that look like they're taken care of here.

Back