Brother Production: BLADE HUNTER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing devil's advocate, how would a company that's been around for so long like Cotswold (gijoeelite.com), give me a product that's not correct? If I am to believe they did not get any returns, and in turn send those returns out to the next person/people in line, then I wonder what is going on?
Checking the links from Cotswold and Store Room, it looks like there are indeed two different figures. Cotswold and Store Room are advertising it as a "Blade Runner Redux", manufactured by a company called Dr Figures. although Store Room advertise it as a "Brothers Production - Blade Runner Redux".

Looks like you and me got what we ordered.

wow , this sucks. Hope I get the version you have snake when it ships from ABC.
If I don't I will be looking for a refund.

The pictures ABC are showing are the same as Snake's. You don't have a problem hicks.

And Snake Eater, I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again: your Deckard is a work of art! I'm so jealous!

Thanks buddy!

I also hope get the Snake Eater version. I have also a preorder from Abc.

You should be A-OK with abc.

:D Cheers my friend!

The pictures ABC are showing are the same as Snake's. You don't have a problem hicks.

Agreed. Hicks, you should, (and I sincerely hope), you will be fine with abc mate.

Just thought I'd post some follow up pictures of my Blade "Hunter" Deckard, I posted pics a couple of pages back. I wasn't happy with the headsculpt that came with it, and had Spenser make me a custom head for it. I think the "real" hair fit's in better with my custom Roy Batty that Ike-Con made (AMAZING)

100_0535.jpg

100_0536.jpg

My favourite picture:

100_0538.jpg

Cheers man!

Just thought I'd add, I got mine from Store-rooms and it's the 'better' version with the resin heads and individually packed accessories. I got mine on the first batch though.

Great figues Hunter, I have that real hair deckard head from Spens, its great. Can't wait to get my outfit from Ryan.

Just waiting for mine from Cotswold, and it looks like they know there's a problem as the figure is no longer listed...
Not sure what you mean by that. It's no longer listed because it's no longer in stock. https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIDF-1125

What problem are you referring to? They have it listed correctly. It's not their fault that buyers get excited because they think it's a different product than what is described.

Not sure what you mean by that. It's no longer listed because it's no longer in stock. https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIDF-1125

What problem are you referring to? They have it listed correctly. It's not their fault that buyers get excited because they think it's a different product than what is described.

Not sure that's the reason. Last week, it was already out of stock, but just as RE Alice, listed as "waiting list only".
I' m not saying they listed it wrong by the way, Cotswold is by far one of the most trustworthy company I know. However, the pictures that went with the listing were those of the brother production figure. This is why I speak about a problem. The listing did not correspond to the pictures...

Not sure that's the reason. Last week, it was already out of stock, but just as RE Alice, listed as "waiting list only".
I' m not saying they listed it wrong by the way, Cotswold is by far one of the most trustworthy company I know. However, the pictures that went with the listing were those of the brother production figure. This is why I speak about a problem. The listing did not correspond to the pictures...

Yeah, I saw that Cotswold's photos were the exact same ones used in eBay auctions and such, which is why I went with Cotswold - I thought it was exactly the same figure that I had been seeing around. Brothers Productions (or the other company name) didn't mean anything to me at the time since I had never heard of them. Cotswold was a little bit cheaper, but more importantly for me, I though they'd be quick on delivery since they're in the same state as I am. I didn't know that there would be a difference, ie. another company re-doing the first company's product. The redux thing was completely lost on me. I guess buying this kind of stuff is more risky than, say, a Hot Toys or Enterbay "official" purchase.

I admit, now I feel pretty stupid. It's going to cost me money to ship this thing back, and I still won't have a Deckard right now. All the ones that were decently priced in Hong Kong are long gone, and the eBay prices are now between $238 and $300 plus shipping. Will anyone want this copy of a Brother Production figure? I know it's not close enough to the original for me to personally like it. If someone does want it, I'll let them have it for what I paid instead of sending it back to Cotswold (I guess even these are sold out too based on what the lady over the phone told me when I complained).

I'm curious though, if another company made these based on the Brothers Production pieces, then why is Brothers Production on the label of my box? Were they really that lazy to not make their own label? They used the same type of blue box and everything! This whole thing stinks, but it's my own fault.

- Greg

I requsted to be placed on the Cotsworld waitlist. I'm sure there will be a couple cancellations. I have the Trev paulcarson BR head and Les will be painting it.

Also requested to be on storerooms waitlist.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

It appears that there were 2 different batches of figures released by BP. The first had a darker outfit and some didn't come with the gun.
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/08/brother-production-blade-hunter.html

They then released a second batch that had a lighter outfit and the head's paint job seems more rushed.

https://paperandplasticplease.blogspot.com/2009/06/blade-runner-figure-thats-actually.html

I don't know if it is because they relised how popular they were and just wanted to quickly get out another batch or not.... But either way, there is clearly 2 different batch's that BP released.

Back