1/6 Broken Hot Toys '89 Batman eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyshanz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello there! After doing some research, I figured this would be the absolute best place to come for advice. I have Selina Kyle, the Batpod, Iron Man Mk. VII, and the Avengers Black Widow from Avengers by Hot Toys for myself. I thankfully have not had an issue with any of these.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend has not fared as well. I got him the Hot Toys Batman '89 for Christmas last year, and has he was adjusting the eyes (very carefully, I might add), we heard something snap. The left eye wouldn't move at all, giving ol' Bruce a cross eyed appearance. When we opened up the back of the head, the pieces easily came out when the head was tipped; it was clear one of the pieces had snapped and made everything else come loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it? Or, better yet, does anyone know of anyone that specializes in fixing Hot Toys with damage of this nature?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to SSF boards, Ladyshanz. I also own a Keaton 1989 Batman HT figure, it's my very first HT, and barely a year after I bought it the PERS also broke. The parts that help move both eyes at once were shattered into small bits, it would be a big challenge to put back together and I think it's beyond repair. What I do now is use a jeweler's screwdriver with a flat head to move each eye. Good thing you can't tell there's anything wrong with the figure looking from the outside.

Goodluck!

Hello there! After doing some research, I figured this would be the absolute best place to come for advice. I have Selina Kyle, the Batpod, Iron Man Mk. VII, and the Avengers Black Widow from Avengers by Hot Toys for myself. I thankfully have not had an issue with any of these.

Unfortunately, my boyfriend has not fared as well. I got him the Hot Toys Batman '89 for Christmas last year, and has he was adjusting the eyes (very carefully, I might add), we heard something snap. The left eye wouldn't move at all, giving ol' Bruce a cross eyed appearance. When we opened up the back of the head, the pieces easily came out when the head was tipped; it was clear one of the pieces had snapped and made everything else come loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing it? Or, better yet, does anyone know of anyone that specializes in fixing Hot Toys with damage of this nature?

Thanks!

If you could provide some pics of the damaged head, it would give us a better idea of how it could be fixed IF it can be fixed at all. Don't expect Hot Toys to do anything about it, there customer service is terrible. Any warranty on the figure would probably be gone by now as well. As I see if you have two options.

1. Try and fix it, pers/broken eyes can be fixed, just depends on the damage.

or

2. Purchase a new Head off of a site, like ebay. People do sell specific batman items on ebay, but expect to pay about 80 bucks for the batman head.

Hello, i think that the option of buying a new head is pretty difficult at this point, the last one that i saw on eBay was sold for $180, and that is a crazy price for just a head.

Another option you have is buying a cheap head with PERS from other figure and replace the whole system, including the eyes, the problem with doing this, is that the color of the eyes will not match with batman's eye color. I think that the DX06 Jack Sparrow eyes fit perfectly in the DX09 Batman head.

Also as HeubertMichael said, you can move the eyes one at a time if the PERS are really broken, and the figure will look as good as new from the outside.

Back