Broken Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hairlesswookiee said:
its called send it back to get replaced!!!! dont let the Fedex man win... he probably knew how much you hated him and dropped it inside the truck just to get even.

:lol The fedex man is the son of the devil :devil

Anyway....Tom, I think you should send it back. You sold alot of your stuff for this and you deserve a pefect Grievous. You will regret it later on. Everytime you look at him you think to yourself, I deserve a perfect GG. :cool:

pjam said:
Tom, before making any decision, I would contact CS because it seems they will have some sort of policy shaping up to replace this particular part as more complaints about it come rolling in. It is an intricate piece and I'm sure if everything else is good, they will be more willing to replace a small part than absorb the humongous costs of return shipping this 27 lb item and then reshipping a new one. It just may be worth making the call.

Very true. Give customer service a call Tom and see what they say about it...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after looking at this post i got curious again and umpacked mine to see those legs.... after looking i said hey that piece is still there so then i proceed to seal it again and i feel a piece fall in the foam box and to my surprise something broke:banghead .............I know is an easy fix it is one of his "Metal Claws"...........I dont know know if now should as i told you Check it all Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Call Sideshow. You've been through too much with that Grievous to just settle. Perhaps they'll be kind enough to expedite the shipping of your replacement because of what you've gone though?

SpenK said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa I NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO after looking at this post i got curious again and umpacked mine to see those legs.... after looking i said hey that piece is still there so then i proceed to seal it again and i feel a piece fall in the foam box and to my surprise something broke:banghead .............I know is an easy fix it is one of his "Metal Claws"...........I dont know know if now should as i told you Check it all Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Sorry to hear that SpenK. That REALLY sucks.

Oh man. This day is not getting any better. Damn you FedEx man!!!:google

OK... I Just Check The whole Thing And That is The Only Problem, Its the Glue, its no even broken i just snaps in and a little point of glue solves the problem so........ I rest in piece nothing to worry........:chew

Tom, what does the other end of the piece look like? Because the side in the picture doesn't look broken, just like it came loose and whether you glue it or they do, it will amount to the same thing. However if the other end is broken too, then you should send it back.

I don't have mine yet, but from the description they went to great lengths to try and package GG for minimum breakage, however it seems like the packaging should have been even more complicated and secure.

Tom, I just want to say that when I say the Broken Grievous title and that you were the one who posted it my heart sunk. That sounds sappy. Anyways, I'm thinking you should send it back. The other end to that piece is very small and thin so it will probabl be difficult to get it to glue just right. I'm gonna go through my pictures and see if I can find one of the piece, guess its a good thing my pics came out friggin' huge.

I circled in red the piece that is broken...which is probably pretty obvious but there's a minimum character limit...

Darklord Dave said:
Tom, what does the other end of the piece look like? Because the side in the picture doesn't look broken, just like it came loose and whether you glue it or they do, it will amount to the same thing. However if the other end is broken too, then you should send it back.

I don't have mine yet, but from the description they went to great lengths to try and package GG for minimum breakage, however it seems like the packaging should have been even more complicated and secure.

Well, after a lot of unpacking and checking things out, it looks like the break was clean--and it seems like it will go back in place without too much trouble. There is a slight crack in the paint where the piece broke off, but as it's on the back side of the leg, and since that leg is covered by the cape, I don't think that I'm going to worry about it. The other end of the piece wasn't a clean break, but it is underneath the piece and not visible at all. So I'm not planning on a return--I will see if I can't sleep tonight from thinking about the paint crack, but I don't think that will happen! :D

Oh, and I ended up with #875--MUCH lower than I expected, so that is a good thing!!! I don't want to send it back and risk getting a higher number. If the broken piece was more visible then I might consider a return, since I have 100% confidence in Sideshow's customer service folks. But right now, I want to be excited about finally getting Grievous, and not depressed about packing him up and returning him!

By the way--thanks for all of your comments, guys! I appreciate your support. Now where's that Hulk?!?

Glad to here it was an easy fix Tom. Congratulations on finally getting him. Now let's hope that you don't have so much trouble with Leia.

Agent0028 said:
Glad to here it was an easy fix Tom. Congratulations on finally getting him. Now let's hope that you don't have so much trouble with Leia.

Thanks! Hopefully, I got all of my bad luck out of the way, and I will be the first person to post pics of Leia--I can feel it in my spleen!

I think it looks like broken off from the leg, I place my finger on the unbroken one and press on it, it feels very firm and secure, when I put the broken piece back on the leg, I feel it loose even it glues back on it, and I think it is very hard to glue back because one end is "point end"

it need to replace the whole both leg, because there are in one piece.:monkey2

You're too nice Tom, I am too much of a prick to spend that kind of cash and have it broken. I'd say send it back, it will eat at you knowing that it is broken.

This whole thing reminds me of when I had to send my XmenVsSentinel Exclusive back. It's very disappointing to do it but I would hate to have a defective piece that I been looking so much forward to. I did end up with a higher number but the lights worked as they were tested for all return pieces. Colossus' foot also had a small nick on the original which I was willing to live with but when I saw it perfect on the replacement I am glad I returned it.

Glad you were able to put it together Tom. You paid your damaged dues on this one. Let HulkVsSpidey arrive with no problems.

That sucks Tom. I have one of the shoulder blades that is a little more loose than I'd like. It's not broke but you can tell if I bumped it hard enough it would break.

If you are going to attempt to glue it back, there's this awesome stuff called "Zap-A-Gap" that you can usually find at your local hobby/craft store. I broke off the ENTIRE blade of a Jason PF that was here on the shelf (hey, it was sticking out!) and just one tiny dot fixed it like new. It's strong stuff, and super clear. Just follow the directions on the back and don't use too much.... :duff

tomandshell said:
Oh, and I ended up with #875--MUCH lower than I expected, so that is a good thing!!! I don't want to send it back and risk getting a higher number. If the broken piece was more visible then I might consider a return, since I have 100% confidence in Sideshow's customer service folks. But right now, I want to be excited about finally getting Grievous, and not depressed about packing him up and returning him!

Man, I'd return it, Tom. As far as the numbers go, there were, what, 1500 of these? I wouldn't consider #875 low enough to keep a damaged $450.00 piece. That's me, though.

Back