Broken Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
If you are going to attempt to glue it back, there's this awesome stuff called "Zap-A-Gap" that you can usually find at your local hobby/craft store. I broke off the ENTIRE blade of a Jason PF that was here on the shelf (hey, it was sticking out!) and just one tiny dot fixed it like new. It's strong stuff, and super clear. Just follow the directions on the back and don't use too much.... :duff

Thanks, Dusty! I was wondering what to use to glue it back on. I appreciate the help!

:duff

jlcmsu said:
That sucks Tom. I have one of the shoulder blades that is a little more loose than I'd like. It's not broke but you can tell if I bumped it hard enough it would break.
One of my shoulder blades was loose too, so I wiggled it until it came out of the hole that the peg was in then just used a tiny dot of super glue to put it back in place.

Agent0028 said:
One of my shoulder blades was loose too, so I wiggled it until it came out of the hole that the peg was in then just used a tiny dot of super glue to put it back in place.

Agent, if that happens again, I highly recommend that you pay a visit to the chiropractor...

I received mine today as well.
The outer box was banged up pretty good. The inner box was slightly crushed in the corner and had been poked on one side.

I have yet to open it up, and won't likely have a chance for a few days.

For some reason I am expecting the worst. Gotta love FedEx. :duh
-theropod

I email to sideshow yesterday for replacement, I am still waiting for the replacement for the Xmen vs sentinel EX, I mailed back since early Apirl. but for the PF Obi Wen EX piece, I got it within one week. For almost $500 I want the GG perfect.

tomandshell said:
Agent, if that happens again, I highly recommend that you pay a visit to the chiropractor...
All he'll do is charge me a hundred bucks and tell me to do the same thing.

Sorry to hear about all these broken GG's! I was already worried about this statue, since it looks pretty fragile in the first place, but reading all of this made it even worse! My GG is due in a couple of days, and boy, am I looking forward to unpacking him... not!

Sorry to hear about all of the breaks!!! This statue looked extremely fragile, and Sideshow usually packs things really well, but you can't know what sort of damage a delivery truck can dish out. When Anakin arrived, my FedEx guy backed in, pulled out my boxes, and proceeded to cause a "box-alanche" in the back of his truck that I helped him pick up!!!:emperor
On the bright side, you are dealing with the Customer Service at Sideshow!!! After this guy was sold out, I thought about getting him on ebay, but I know a local retailer that will have him in stock, and I should be able to check for damage before I even think about it. Imagine the headache of a broken Grevious from ebay! :monkey2

Tom, that is truly unfortunate. I am not to picky when it comes to getting statues. I understand that companies try to due the best they can and minor imperfections have never bothered me. However, I am not sure I could have handled this manor in the same way. Man this was an expensice item to have a break in it. I have not read all the post but does this break affect the stuctural integrity of the item, that will lead to further breaks in the future?

Gran3131 said:
Tom, that is truly unfortunate. I am not to picky when it comes to getting statues. I understand that companies try to due the best they can and minor imperfections have never bothered me. However, I am not sure I could have handled this manor in the same way. Man this was an expensice item to have a break in it. I have not read all the post but does this break affect the stuctural integrity of the item, that will lead to further breaks in the future?

I hope not! It is on the back top side of the leg, and so there is not a great deal of pressure on it. I think it will be OK as long as there is no pressure pushing it backwards.

So why wasn't this thread called Grievous Bodily Harm?

Just got mine and Predator! I'm hesitant to open the boxes now, you guys got me so paranoid!

HEY TOM CHECK YOU PM !!!!!!!!!!!! FAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................:D
yOU WILL BE A VERY HAPPY MAN....................

spider1135 said:
I email to sideshow yesterday for replacement, I am still waiting for the replacement for the Xmen vs sentinel EX, I mailed back since early Apirl. but for the PF Obi Wen EX piece, I got it within one week. For almost $500 I want the GG perfect.

That's a killer beanie baby in the background of the 4th pic! :chew
-theropod

This thread is probably the main reason I won't end up collecting the PF's. Its one thing when a statue is damaged in shipping, but what happens when *you* break it?

My Jedi Luke is currently posed sans lightsaber (until the display case arrives) because we have a cat that would probably love to have it as a chew toy. I said "Well what if she decides to just chew his arm off?" and my wife replied, "if THAT happens then we'll spend whatever we need to to replace the figure." What a lady. :chew (And this is AFTER we had our big "priority" talk what with the baby on the way. :D )

Now I can't imagine the stress level of owning a PF and having something happen to it. We most certainly would not just pay to replace one so if there was damage on our end that would be it. Yikes.

Definitely not something that you couldn't take appropriate precautions for (have a nice display case already set up, be independently wealthy, etc.) but it would be an issue nonetheless.

Last edited:
Khev, my collection is insured against any damages or breaks. I'm only renting so I have renters insurance and added a rider for my collection that covers each piece individualy. Only cost me $5 for the year for like $5000 worth of crap I've accumulated so far this year.

Back