Bring on the Winter Olympics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the CFL stick around then?

Loyal fan base, decent prices for tickets. I'm not sure, I'm definitely on the 'NFL>>>>CFL' line of thinking, even being Canadian.

** I know that most CFL players need a second job, so pay is no where near that of a hockey player, or an NFL player. Plus, quite a few of the cities we have teams based in, only have the cfl to wet their sports appetite ie: no NHL teams, no NBA teams

Last edited:
Loyal fan base, decent prices for tickets. I'm not sure, I'm definitely on the 'NFL>>>>CFL' line of thinking, even being Canadian.

What are ticket prices for CFL games and how is attendance? I remember seeing the last Championship game was pretty exciting on Sportscenter.

You can't compare the two as they're different sports. hairlesswookie suggested that football be added to the next Olympics and my suggestion was having it with Canadian rules (much closer to the original football games played by the ivy league schools and McGill at the dawn of the sport).

In Canadian you only have three downs so you can't afford to waste a down on a small gain or a dropped pass. Consequently the kicking game (punting) is key as it happens much more frequently and there are NO fair catches... The larger field also makes it harder for defensive players to cover the field. Anyway I love the NFL-- but I coach Canadian football and I love that as well. Different game. Oh, and our balls are bigger. :D

What are ticket prices for CFL games and how is attendance? I remember seeing the last Championship game was pretty exciting on Sportscenter.

For the Ghey Cup, they can get pricing,but regualar season are like 10 to 75$ but you couldnt pay me 100$ to sit through an entire game especially in Montreal. I think the stadium holds about 15000 people, and its located on the top of a hill. So the parking is awful, the hike is killer and the seats in the stadium are atrocious, no backs and they are teh two plank style with a space in the middle. I really dont know how the league exists.

The CFL could play the NFL and it would take them a quarter to adapt and rout the CFL team, the athletes are just better.

Good point. But, on the flip side there seemed to be a lot of Americans on cloud 9 when the USA beat Canada in that first round there.

Yeah and it was right after a lot of you guys were talking trash about how Canada would wipe the floors with USA. Then we beat you once and came awfully close a second time. :rolleyes:

Yeah and it was right after a lot of you guys were talking trash about how Canada would wipe the floors with USA. Then we beat you once and came awfully close a second time. :rolleyes:

We beat you guys the first time around with our skaters, but you beat us because of the goalie equation. Miller was on his head, and Brodeur ____ the bed. MOST OTHER NIGHTS WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN YOU WHEN A TEAM OUTPLAYS ANOTHER TEAM LIKE THAT! The goalies dictated that game. Brodeur played far below his level, and Miller has played far above his. This season has been far superior to any season he's played before. He's really elevated his game!

Also, we won Gold so don't be a sour puss about it. We own you guys in international competitions, history dictates that, as does NHL job employment.

Also take this in, that a lot of your players on Team USA have duel citizenship, and some were even born in Canada.

But you guys gave us a great game. But in the end the better team won, what's so hard for you to figure out? Seriously, it's over.

Two more years, and yes I even love the Summer Olympics! :)

That and the girls show more skin! WEEEEEE!!!

Meh, I enjoy the tour de france a lot more than the summer olympic stuff. Swimming is cool though, and yes Americans, so is Phelps :cool:

Gotta love Russia! :lol

"Those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear," Medvedev said. "I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their notice. If we don't see such decisiveness, we will help them."

Some things never change.

Also, we won Gold

...so don't be a sour puss about it.

Back