Bring on the Winter Olympics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish NBC had gone right to the end with the highlight clips and credits, rather than ending it with a segway to one of their "flop shows".

Some of you yanks are out of line. Shall we take it one step further and compare our countries status among the global community?

Just saying.

Out of line, how so?

To belittle an entire league (CFL) because its not an American sport would be considered a bit out of line.

Ya dig? :D

I suppose its all in good fun but is there really a need to make a list and cover all Canadian sports now?

Imo Canada is a 10X better country to live in compared to the States but it doesn't mean I disrespect your nation and its long tradition of sport.

I don't know if it's that much better. I lived in Québec for about half my life and here in Maine the other half. It's been a pretty comparable experience.:huh I like both countries and maintain the two passports.

To belittle an entire league (CFL) because its not an American sport would be considered a bit out of line.

Ya dig? :D

I suppose its all in good fun but is there really a need to make a list and cover all Canadian sports now?

Imo Canada is a 10X better country to live in compared to the States but it doesn't mean I disrespect your nation and its long tradition of sport.

Who is belittling an entire league? It was said that Canada could compete with the US on the gridiron. I disagreed and made my point that many athletes in the CFL are American that can't find a ride with NFL team. That's true. So tell me how is that belittling? I think your reading more into than there is.

Disrespect your nation?...come on Voorhees, Where?

I'm glad you love your country, I really am...but I love mine as well and am entitled to my opinion just as you are.

Who is belittling an entire league? It was said that Canada could compete with the US on the gridiron. I disagreed and made my point that many athletes in the CFL are American that can't find a ride with NFL team. That's true. So tell me how is that belittling? I think your reading more into than there is.

I'm glad you love your country, I really am...but I love mine as well and am entitled to my opinion just as you are.

They're referring to my statement. Which I stand by. It was in response to a generalized statement made because I referred to the CFA as the "Canadian NFL." You can pick on me all you want because I refer to the EFL as the European NFL as well. I'll pick the NCAA champs against the CFL champs any day.

My appologies, I worded it wrong. I mean't to say that if there is something I don't care for I wouldn't go as far as disrespecting your country. Not to say that you did. My bad.

There just seems to be continuous animosity in this thread (Eli doesn't count :D he's always been that way) Like "my country is better than yours"

You wanna know the truth? We have different government agendas, not people.

There just seems to be continuous animosity in this thread (Eli doesn't count :D he's always been that way) Like "my country is better than yours"

You wanna know the truth? We have different government agendas, not people.

This is totally true, and there seems to be a lot of Canucks on cloud 9 since they won that gold medal yesterday (and before that as well).

They're referring to my statement. Which I stand by. It was in response to a generalized statement made because I referred to the CFA as the "Canadian NFL." You can pick on me all you want because I refer to the EFL as the European NFL as well. I'll pick the NCAA champs against the CFL champs any day.

When the discussion first started it was with football being added to the olympics. I figured the topic would be Canadian athletes fielding a team and competing with US athletes. That is what I was commenting on. The Montreal Allouettes, the CFL Champs from last season are mostly made up of American athletes.

The Alabama Crimson Tide vs the Montreal Allouettes....hmmmm...intriguing.

I'm staying away from the "my country is better than yours" debate......

You know, i might just buy a team USA Kane or Kessel jersey and walk into my local Tim Hortons or wear it out to a bar and see if any retarded Canadians would yap at me...trust me, we have idiots here just like in the US that like to make stupid generalized statements about their neighbouring countrymen.

I figure since our pride for our country is at its peak right now, maybe i should test a theory. lol!

Well you could support Team USA by wearing a Leafs Jersey... :lol

Yeah that never gets old......

icehockey415.jpg

Well you could support Team USA by wearing a Leafs Jersey... :lol

:lol This is very true!!.

I hear the Leafs will be giving their jerseys a slight facelift for next year, i may purchase one depending on how well they turn out.I already have a CCM Player Jersey home/white Mats Sundin with NHL2000 and All-Star game patch on the right shoulder and a KOHO Alexander Mogilny Away/blue player jersey, both are legit though i want to pick up some more fakes, they are better quality in some cases then some of the official licences product out there at a fraction of the cost.

That reminds me, I didnt see Kessel much in teh third, was he benched?

Youll get razzed for sure, you might even catch an ass beating. In Montreal you come in here wearing another teams sweater at a bar, your looking for trouble. I have seen dozens of scraps between MTL fans vs usually TOR or BOS fans

This is very true, i was in Montreal maybe 5-6 years back and they just could tell you were from Toronto, even this ignorant Habs fan that was getting on our elevator at the Best Western Europa where we were staying, guy gives us the finger and closes the door on us just as we got there with our bags, no matter Leafs beat the Habs that night 4-1 and all you could hear was "Go Leafs Go" it was quite the rush.

I went with 14 friends at the time, half of them being a bit older then us so, we split up after a little bar hopping and went to a pretty cool metal bar there, then froze our asses off in -38 degree weather trying to flag non vacant cabs down for two hours and met this really funny guy that was vacationing there from Boston in a Second Cup. I've only been back to Montreal briefly since then but, i really loved my time there and wish to go next time in the summer.

Back